NameSilo

discuss .AL Extension

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Casey L

Top Member
Impact
It seems today there has been more auctions for .AL domains than I have seen in my entire time on NamePros. Any particular reason? What are your opinions on the extension?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i hear ya
like I said I wouldm't even touch .al and go through all this trouble of addign yet another registrar to my already longer than I want list... if .al was min 3chars.

but it isn't. so I diverisfied portoflio a bit few days ago with a 5pack of 2l.al domains.. nothing fancy. but still my first and maybe even last 2L domains for long time.

always nice to have couple those.

so here I Was thinking that if i researched things a bit, I could find a whole bunch of other country extensions like .al with min 2chars, but given what you said about renewal fees, and other restrictions, I think that .al may well be it for us. about right yeah?

•••
No, I don't do any cctld. For example, .GY is not cheap for renewals, as far as I know. The only ones I'd be interested there would be ENER.GY or something, but not LL.GY. Again, depends on renewal as well.

.AL has bunch of upsides that I factored in for my decision 14 months ago (Alabama, registration fees, European tld etc.). But buying LLL.al at this stage would be stretch for me, though )

Do you think .al can make some good heat later?

•••
i hear ya
like I said I wouldm't even touch .al and go through all this trouble of addign yet another registrar to my already longer than I want list... if .al was min 3chars.

but it isn't. so I diverisfied portoflio a bit few days ago with a 5pack of 2l.al domains.. nothing fancy. but still my first and maybe even last 2L domains for long time.

always nice to have couple those.

so here I Was thinking that if i researched things a bit, I could find a whole bunch of other country extensions like .al with min 2chars, but given what you said about renewal fees, and other restrictions, I think that .al may well be it for us. about right yeah?

The renewal fee is cheap with coupon from registrar.. So i wouldnt worry in that case. The thing i am worry is whether chinese people will interest in .al or not.

•••
The renewal fee is cheap with coupon from registrar.. So i wouldnt worry in that case. The thing i am worry is whether chinese people will interest in .al or not.

valid point.

but chinese only part world population, and with # people increasing each year that get on internet, I still think 2L domains, have some automatic inherent value to them. due to rarity.

we'll see!

btw do they have new registration coupons too for .al? I am with webhost.al at 12eur per reg. there is 1 or 2 domains I would not mind handregging in .al .. if coupon exist.

•••
At host.al they have 20% off for new reg . Someone posted here on pg1 .. U can check.

•••
There are other resellers who resell .Al but it just increases the price. I'd stick with host.al
P0A4Q3USSL is a coupon code for 20% off, it should work for renewal too.
Good luck

•••
thanks. probably no good for webhost.al

I'll keep looking

•••
•••
•••
I don't do investments based on Chinese for two reasons:

- They do too much of pump and dump and I am not too much into timing the waves.
- I am not expert in Chinese and don't think can have/use any arbitrage there.

That said, if something have some Chinese upside, that is added value, but the inherent value has to be there without that for me to get interested. Like with .ch: I like that it is Swiss and it is cheap and the fact that Chinese might decide .Ch(ina) thing works is just added value on top, not the main underlying reason for me.

•••
I just recently decided to diverisfy portfolio a bit with these other country codes. strictly to have short domains. if this was minimum 3 chars I Would not bother.

that being said, I'd be interested in findiing out a list of all available extensions with no restrictions.. like .al .. with min char below 3.

anyone knows such list? I think CX.. GY.. would be on it.

so who wants to add:

AL
GY
CX
The list of Country code top-level domains which have been identified to allow single-letter domains are : .ac .af .ag .ai .am .asia .biz .bo .by .bz .cm .cn .co .com.ar .com.br .co.at .co.il .co.uk .cr .cz .cx .dj .de .dk .fm .gd .gg .gl .gp .gs .gt .gy .hn .ht .im .io .je .kg .ki .kw .la .lb .lc .ly .md .mg .mk .mp .ms .mw .mx .mu .nf .nz .pe .ph .pk .pl .pn .pw .ro .sh .st .tc .tl .tt .to .tv .travel .ua .ws .vc .vg .vn and .vu.

•••
The list of Country code top-level domains which have been identified to allow single-letter domains are : .ac .af .ag .ai .am .asia .biz .bo .by .bz .cm .cn .co .com.ar .com.br .co.at .co.il .co.uk .cr .cz .cx .dj .de .dk .fm .gd .gg .gl .gp .gs .gt .gy .hn .ht .im .io .je .kg .ki .kw .la .lb .lc .ly .md .mg .mk .mp .ms .mw .mx .mu .nf .nz .pe .ph .pk .pl .pn .pw .ro .sh .st .tc .tl .tt .to .tv .travel .ua .ws .vc .vg .vn and .vu.

what an amazingly long list.

most must have restrictions.

•••
I've already checked almost every extension on that list for both single letter and single digit. All regged

•••
yep.. predictable indeed.

I was thinking more 2L

a lot of those must have country restrictions... which is probably why people mostly talk about stuff like .al

•••
The list we need is the list that shows which extensions allow 2 or more characters, then set up Google alerts for news about those extensions opening up 1 character. B-)

•••
Short and good for domain hacks...like Virtu.al etc

•••
•••
•••
I own 786.al
786 is a holly word for Islam. And Islam worships Allah, so .al works well :)
786.Al(lah)
I am very optimistic on this. Will wait for the best offer :)

•••
All NN.al are gone. There were a lot available few days ago. Here are my .al's .
63.al
67.al
78.al
83.al
85.al
89.al
97.al
111.al
555.al
999.al

•••
It seems i was wrong when i thought it wasnt worth investing on .al extension. now all 2L.al are gone, but anyway i bought some hack domains like

snapde.al
bedigit.al
smartdigit.al
geodigit.al

What do you think?

•••
•••
It seems i was wrong when i thought it wasnt worth investing on .al extension. now all 2L.al are gone, but anyway i bought some hack domains like

snapde.al
bedigit.al
smartdigit.al
geodigit.al

What do you think?

Honestly, my personal thought that reg fee value for now. I sugest that something more major in one word (strong keyword). I know there are still available out there. But you are right, we are now just focus on LL NN LLL and NNN for any ccTlds.

•••
Honestly, my personal thought that reg fee value for now. I sugest that something more major in one word (strong keyword). I know there are still available out there. But you are right, we are now just focus on LL NN LLL and NNN for any ccTlds.

Yeah, i know. i thought of that too. i own some "strong word" domains .al, but i think they will be worth in long term. Anyway let´s see how it goes. Thanks for the fast reply.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back