Dynadot

discuss .AL Extension

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Casey L

Top Member
Impact
It seems today there has been more auctions for .AL domains than I have seen in my entire time on NamePros. Any particular reason? What are your opinions on the extension?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Host.al pushes manually. Just submit ticket and they do it instantly. That's how mine were transferred to me.

•••
Does Godaddy / Namecheap / Dynadot or Name allow register .al ? or just Host.al only?

I noticed most of them sales of .al taken place at Sedo :)

•••
There are other resellers who resell .Al but it just increases the price. I'd stick with host.al
P0A4Q3USSL is a coupon code for 20% off, it should work for renewal too.
Good luck

•••
Loo like host.al is good so far. What do you guys think about .al extension .. Let say will chinese interest?

I do know most of good NNN are taken already ..

•••
I will be looking more into the specifics but i only wanted LL or NN. I like other stuff for NNN, LLL and longer.

•••
other decent reseller is webhost.al

•••
I got some of ex: bbb.al

which most of them are sold out

I think it is may have value after ll.al

•••
aside from namepro auctions, where do you guys plan to advertize your .al domains for sale?

can you even modify dns host with host.al or webhost.al??? to park them for a sales lander or such...

I highly doubt they can go on sedo/flippa etc..

•••
You can change the nameserver... So technically you should be able to park it or list it in sedo etc

I tried and developed an url shortener service at ik.al for example

I did see some LL.al domain with chinese name & address for registration btw

•••
NS changes work without issues and are quite fast.
I used the bodis sale landing page. I'm actually negociating a sale as we speak for one of my LL.al domains with a private user who used the bodis landing page to make an $1600 offer.
I listed a few of my LL.al with sedo also. It was a bit more complicated but it worked. You would need an external NS. I used my digitalocean to verify, forward and have catchall mail. ;)
...so...DNS / NS & advetising not an issue
Wish I had these end-user offers for all my domains. I would not have to deal with all the reseller low-ball offers and typical BS ;)

•••
You can change the nameserver... So technically you should be able to park it or list it in sedo etc

I tried and developed an url shortener service at ik.al for example

I did see some LL.al domain with chinese name & address for registration btw

thanks. good to know dns server can be changed.. I redirect all my domains to a bodis sales lander.. it's a real nice one.. plus they have nice stats at bodis.. u can have park ads there too.. but I just do an auto redirect to sales lander.. since parkng revenue is not great.. .it's all easy to manage at bodis.. I tried many parking companeis before.. check out my sales lander there if you want for any domain like: lyz.co

I picked up a pack of 5 .al today. at prices I don't think I can lose on down the road.. plus they were all renewed into 2017.. so I figured why not. since I do not own any 2L domains aside from these.. like someone said.. there is some inherent liquidity to LL domains.. regardless of extension.

EJ.AL
OQ.AL
UJ.AL
UQ.AL
VF.AL

•••
NS changes work without issues and are quite fast.
I used the bodis sale landing page. I'm actually negociating a sale as we speak for one of my LL.al domains with a private user who used the bodis landing page to make an $1600 offer.
I listed a few of my LL.al with sedo also. It was a bit more complicated but it worked. You would need an external NS. I used my digitalocean to verify, forward and have catchall mail. ;)
...so...DNS / NS & advetising not an issue
Wish I had these end-user offers for all my domains. I would not have to deal with all the reseller low-ball offers and typical BS ;)

thats really great news for you

I assume its a chip yes?

good luck

•••
Does anyone seeing any traffics coming from .al on your domains.

•••
I just acquired them. Haven't really looked.

•••
Where is the best place to check full whois detail for .al domain ? I can't find the place that can work with .al .. Any idea? Thanks

•••
Where is the best place to check full whois detail for .al domain ? I can't find the place that can work with .al .. Any idea? Thanks

I'm looking for it too.

•••
•••
thats really great news for you

I assume its a chip yes?

good luck
Yes it is a CHIP but also a "no brainer" abbreviation for the industry the buyer is covering.
Anyway, closed negotiation at $4100 - now waiting for escrow to clear.

•••
Awesome sales UXela, good job

•••
First I'm waiting for the cash to clear :)
After that I can call it a sale.

Anyway, yes ... it is good.
I think I could have gotten a bit more.
The domain is really really premium in an industry that is making a lot of money.
Can't post the domain here (buyer's wish not to make the sale public) but I can tell you it is kind of related to toys.

•••
aside from namepro auctions, where do you guys plan to advertize your .al domains for sale?

can you even modify dns host with host.al or webhost.al??? to park them for a sales lander or such...

I highly doubt they can go on sedo/flippa etc..

All my 2L .al is with webhost.al and some of them are listed on Sedo without any problems.

•••
Does webhost.al allow to push and transfer easy? What about you update ownership / registract contacts? Does it easy too?

Because I know on host.al you cant update those contact untill you submit ticket and they do for you. Maybe they are still newbie from system side .. And as well cant auto push .. Unless contact them

•••
Does webhost.al allow to push and transfer easy? What about you update ownership / registract contacts? Does it easy too?

Because I know on host.al you cant update those contact untill you submit ticket and they do for you. Maybe they are still newbie from system side .. And as well cant auto push .. Unless contact them

Yes, they are identical like host.al

•••
First I'm waiting for the cash to clear :)
After that I can call it a sale.

Anyway, yes ... it is good.
I think I could have gotten a bit more.
The domain is really really premium in an industry that is making a lot of money.
Can't post the domain here (buyer's wish not to make the sale public) but I can tell you it is kind of related to toys.

Are they chinese buyer?

•••
host.al is the first registrar of .al domains.
Both of them use whmcs so they should be the same based on the interface

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back