Domain Empire

discuss I offered ..... to ..... but!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Muhammad Ijaz

Established Member
Impact
I offered …... to ….. but the rejected the offer! Now although I did not knew it at the time of registration that it is illegal to do so! The reason I thought it was fine to offer because a certain Domain Broker Offered Credit to me but stipulated that …... should be also be transferred to the brokerage account that I have with them and also suggested me to sell this domain to the owner of …….! Please guide me members!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Slow down with your posting an do a bit more reading as eventually if you ever do become professional at domaining your going to be embarressed by your first few posts. So far you have been saved by the nice folks here.

•••
Slow down with your posting an do a bit more reading as eventually if you ever do become professional at domaining your going to be embarressed by your first few posts. So far you have been saved by the nice folks here.

I appreciate your Advice Lock! I also Appreciate every nice person here! I will try to do my best!

Last edited:
•••
It sounds so simple, doesn't it? Find a .com brandable that happens to coincide with an already existing company name that is using another domain extension.... sell it to them and make $$$ or maybe even $,$$$. Domain pros know better. There are a lot of pitfalls inherent to this "strategy". More often than not, said matching company will not be willing to pay more than low $$, if that! Nothing wrong or illegal about trying this, though. Worst case, you might get hit with an UDRP and lose the domain as a result. No big deal, so long as you have not invested more than reg fee in the name.

This said, brandables are a major domaining segment. This is because, properly done, brandables really are easy money. Notice the stress on "properly done". And cybersquatting is definitely not part of that!

FYI: cybersquatting is all about intentions, about bad faith, and not about whether or not there's an existing company with a matching name and when exactly you have come about that knowledge. Once you found out, you attempted to sell them the .com domain. That's akin to a bit of, well, blackmail and that's how you clearly demonstrate your bad faith. Morals aside, that's okay, provided you are aware of what you are doing and potential consequences of your actions (losing your domain).

Last edited:
•••
It sounds so simple, doesn't it? Find a .com brandable that happens to coincide with an already existing company name that is using another domain extension.... sell it to them and make $$$ or maybe even $,$$$. Domain pros know better. There are a lot of pitfalls inherent to this "strategy". More often than not, said matching company will not be willing to pay more than low $$, if that! Nothing wrong or illegal about trying this, though. Worst case, you might get hit with an UDRP and lose the domain as a result. No big deal, so long as you have not invested more than reg fee in the name.

This said, brandables are a major domaining segment. This is because, properly done, brandables really are easy money. Notice the stress on "properly done". And cybersquatting is definitely not part of that!

FYI: cybersquatting is all about intentions, about bad faith, and not about whether or not there's an existing company with a matching name and when exactly you have come about that knowledge. Once you found out, you attempted to sell them the .com domain. That's akin to a bit of, well, blackmail and that's how you clearly demonstrate your bad faith. Morals aside, that's okay, provided you are aware of what you are doing and potential consequences of your actions (losing your domain).

Sir! .....is not a Brand! .....Means Permissible in Islam! It mean all the investments permitted by the Islamic Law! For Example Buying Apple Stocks is a ….. Investment P&G is a …. Investment! Now if I build a website with a Link to Apple does not means that I am trying to take away P&Gs Business! The difference it that ….. is the spelling mostly used on South African Websites while ….. spelling is the most used around the world! The company uses a .com domain but with an another name!Please correct me if I am wrong Sir!
Thank You!

Last edited:
•••
Halal is a generic keyword. It is the opposite of Haram. However, it is mostly spelled as 'halal' with one A between the Ls. The other A doesn't help you in this case. It makes it a made up word that can be trademarked. Look for trademarks that use the 'halaal' word. If you find -active- results and one of the registrants is the one company that you approached, this means you were acting in bad faith and they can easily win a UDRP against you. I don't think there's anything worrying. It is like selling KosherInvestments.com, both names have the same meaning.

Last edited:
•••
Halal is a generic keyword. It is the opposite of Haram. However, it is mostly spelled as 'halal' with one A between the Ls. The other A doesn't help you in this case. It makes it a made up word that can be trademarked. Look for trademarks that use the 'halaal' word. If you find -active- results and one of the registrants is the one company that you approached, this means you were acting in bad faith and they can easily win a UDRP against you. I don't think there's anything worrying. It is like selling KosherInvestments.com, both names have the same meaning.

There are Millions of Search Results on Google of the word "Halaal" ! There is no trademark with the exact company name!

•••
The word can be used/kept/up for sale as long as the second word does not apply to food as all trademarks with that word are associated with food products. Context matters.

I did not see the 2nd word but as long as it has nothing to do with food products and you keep it on a page without advertising you should be ok.

As mentioned stop approaching let them come to you and try to buy names that have no trademarks and are generic or words that can apply to more than one business or product type.

•••
The word can be used/kept/up for sale as long as the second word does not apply to food as all trademarks with that word are associated with food products. Context matters.

I did not see the 2nd word but as long as it has nothing to do with food products and you keep it on a page without advertising you should be ok.

As mentioned stop approaching let them come to you and try to buy names that have no trademarks and are generic or words that can apply to more than one business or product type.

You mean I should not put it on Cash Parking? Putting on Cash Parking will make it illegal? Also I cannot Market the Domain? Please guide!

•••
You mean I should not put it on Cash Parking? Putting on Cash Parking will make it illegal? Also I cannot Market the Domain? Please guide!

It would be best to have no ads. Especially since you say an existing company is using another extension. They could try to use that against you with a UDRP. Put it on a platform where there is no ads. If by market you mean contact people no do not contact. If you mean put it for sale on a platform with no ads then yes you can list it for sale.

•••
It would be best to have no ads. Especially since you say an existing company is using another extension. They could try to use that against you with a UDRP. Put it on a platform where there is no ads. If by market you mean contact people no do not contact. If you mean put it for sale on a platform with no ads then yes you can list it for sale.
Actually the extension .com itself but with another name!

•••
Sir! .....is not a Brand! .....Means Permissible in Islam! It mean all the investments permitted by the Islamic Law!
Except... it is not the exact, generic, dictionary word, but a made up word with an added letter... correct? That's what makes it a brandable.

The added, second word "Investments", although generic, makes things worse, not better, with respect to a potential UDRP case against you.

If you want to sail this close to the wind, it's good to first learn the ropes, that's to say the UDRP basics (especially rules 2 and 3)... quick and dirty:

- assuming the complainant is able to prove their entitlement to the domain name... which is not always the case, however, neither is a registered trademark needed to prove entitlement (rule 1)...

- be in a position to explain what's your entitlement (rule 2)...

- be in a position to refute allegations of your acting in bad faith (rule 3).

And here's the kicker, what most people fail to grasp: rule 2 (your entitlement) is a big part of rule 3 (bad faith or not)!

Last edited:
•••
It is simple. If the name is trademarked. Drop it.

It's not always that simple, it is also dependant on how the domain is used.

Apple is trademarked but AppleOrchard is fair game whereas AppleComputerSupply is not.

Now if a non word like Aple was trademarked then any combination with the trademarked MADE up word would technically be an issue. That is why more and more companies are making up names and in my hometown there was a big insurance company called clarica and at the time the name was made up to procure a .com, and a trademark.

So automatically dropping ANY trademarked words is not necessarily the way to go. One has to carefully judge each domain and research all aspects and risks of ownership.

•••
It's not always that simple, it is also dependant on how the domain is used.

Apple is trademarked but AppleOrchard is fair game whereas AppleComputerSupply is not.

Now if a non word like Aple was trademarked then any combination with the trademarked MADE up word would technically be an issue. That is why more and more companies are making up names and in my hometown there was a big insurance company called clarica and at the time the name was made up to procure a .com, and a trademark.

So automatically dropping ANY trademarked words is not necessarily the way to go. One has to carefully judge each domain and research all aspects and risks of ownership.

If a trademarked company exists in a .com extension and I have one word out of two words which is different from it from the same .com extension could this be cybersquatting also If I offer the domain to the trademarked company and can I sell it to someone else other than the company! Please Guide!

•••
If a trademarked company exists in a .com extension and I have one word out of two words which is different from it from the same .com extension could this be cybersquatting also If I offer the domain to the trademarked company and can I sell it to someone else other than the company! Please Guide!
Already asked and answered by myself and others here. Here's a thought: perhaps you could re-read and ponder above posts more carefully instead of asking the same thing again and again...? :sneaky:

We're happy to help, guide you, but hand holding is something else altogether and you will find it in very short supply at NamePros. Domaining is not rocket science, but it does require some skills, like reading with comprehension, for starters.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back