IT.COM

question Afternic's weird ''Pending Review'' (on Summary, not actual names)

NameSilo
Watch

VadimK

Top Member
Impact
Hey Team,

A question. On Afternic, and for a full day already I have 3 domains under ''Pending review'' on a summary front page. The really weird thing about it - I actually can't see which ones specifically are ''pending review''. All of them are perfectly ''Listed'', once you check actual names on the portfolio.
I know, normally they are reviewing specific domains with it, but it's not the case now.
That's something for the first time I see in Afternic (and I've been selling with them for a while). Can write to them, but as many of you know, it will take ages for them to get back, so, decided to check with the community.

Similar experience and possible outcomes, anyone?

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This happens for years. Not new at all.

The biggest problem with Afternic is their support which is clueless in anything related to the 'review' status.

In one of my last emails regarding me asking them to approve some domains, it took at least 3 people and multiple emails to get them to understand what they needed to do.

Note, this is a procedure that I've been following for at least 6 years and I still have to explain to them what they should be doing.

•••
This happens for years. Not new at all.

The biggest problem with Afternic is their support which is clueless in anything related to the 'review' status.

In one of my last emails regarding me asking them to approve some domains, it took at least 3 people and multiple emails to get them to understand what they needed to do.

Note, this is a procedure that I've been following for at least 6 years and I still have to explain to them what they should be doing.

And even after reviewing/fixing, the same domains will get the Pending Review status again, and again.

•••
And even after reviewing/fixing, the same domains will get the Pending Review status again, and again.

Worst is when the domains get removed without us getting ANY notice at all (happened again very recently)

A couple of years ago, I had dozens of domains disappear from my account out of the blue.
Fortunately, I had created a script which once a month went and checked if all Afternic sales urls were live and that's how I spotted it.

Needless to say, I was furious
Needless to say, support was indifferent as usual.

It's amazing how they are super great at selling domains and completely the opposite in everything else.

•••
Worst is when the domains get removed without us getting ANY notice at all (happened again very recently)

A couple of years ago, I had dozens of domains disappear from my account out of the blue.
Fortunately, I had created a script which once a month went and checked if all Afternic sales urls were live and that's how I spotted it.

Needless to say, I was furious
Needless to say, support was indifferent as usual.

It's amazing how they are super great at selling domains and completely the opposite in everything else.

Oh yes. This is why I have always been reluctant to make the integration with Afternic from the Godaddy dashboard. Simply because I fear that developed domains that should never end up on Afternic will suddenly end up there. In that sense, it is fortunate that the two sites still exist separately, although further integration is underway in the background. You would expect Godaddy to put the very best programmers on it. Or maybe she already does... Shiver.

•••
I've found that if I change a price on Afternic it will go into pending review status for X amount of time, so it's best to just set a price and leave it.

GD did say a few months ago that there are big changes in the works for Afternic, so fingers crossed that these issues will be fixed, but I do like the simplicity of the platform.

Like @Future Sensors mentioned, I'm not game to use the GD integration feature, and just list domains manually on Afternic.

Last edited:
•••
Assuming that actual "in review" search shows 0 results, then, in this particular case, I'd do 2 things: 1) download the full portfolio csv and check if there is anything abnormal inside 2) wait approx. 24 hours - as their system may be stalled with some update

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back