Dynadot

domain Afternic requests Auth. for PleuralMesotheliomas.com! Help?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello guys,
Need your help. What does this mean? I know I should just contact me registrar about this but thought I'd ask as I'm a little excited. I was sent a request by my registrar to list PleuralMesotheliomas.com over at Afternic.

what does this mean? Someone is interested? Pleural Mesothelioma is Cancer niche.

First time for me.

So....when I authorize what happens next usually? I don't have a price for it yet. How much should I ask?

since this is a domain where mesothelioma is at thee end I assume only sales where mesothelioma at the end is worth mentioning or should I factor in also where mesothelioma is in the front?

mesothelioma.co 76,000 USD 2010-09-29 .CO Landrush Auctions
asbestoscancermesothelioma.com 6,478 USD 2010-08-23 Sedo
whatismesothelioma.org 3,000 USD 2010-12-01 Sedo
aboutmesothelioma.com 2,500 USD 2009-12-09 Sedo
4mesothelioma.com 2,222 USD 2010-12-15 Sedo
asbestosmesothelioma.com 2,188 USD 2007-03-27 Private
californiamesothelioma.com 1,888 USD 2013-07-08 Afternic
mesothelioma.biz 1,500 USD 2011-01-17 Sedo
whatismesothelioma.com 1,250 USD 2011-01-12 Sedo
sarcomatoidmesothelioma.com 900 USD 2011-02-01 Sedo
mesothelioma.io 782 USD 2015-02-15 Park.io
advice-mesothelioma.com 550 USD 2007-03-13 Sedo
texasmesothelioma.com 295 USD 2015-07-20 GoDaddy
diagnosismesothelioma.com 199 USD 2015-08-30 Flippa

There is a website on PleuralMesothelioma.com

Could this be possible that website? or perhaps a Law Firm?

I mean this is out of the blue. Whoever it is. Is reaching out to me for it from out of the dark. That being said should I automatically slap a $50,000 ask for it? or heck $100,000?

I know that's a newbie move but is it?

This is a semi brandable domain except Mesotheliomas is plural for a domain that normally (proper english) isn't ever used with an "S" at thee end. or is it?

as it stands Mesotheliomas only gets 145,000 results. but Mesothelioma gets 7 million results.

but on Google Keyword planner.

for some reason Mesothelioma gets 201,000 searches per month and so does Mesotheliomas.

Pleural Mesothelioma gets only 4400 searches per month.

as far is Afternic. What's their "cut"?

I've never had any Afternic listings. how does this work? I authorize. then what? I tell them what I want for it? and they counter via Afternic? or does Afternic have an auction feature like Sedo and godaddy?

Help?

this could be the big one. maybe?

thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is there a word like MesotheliomaS? Ii mean adding "s" .I will leave the native speakers to educate me on that.

•••
Is there a word like MesotheliomaS? Ii mean adding "s" .I will leave the native speakers to educate me on that.

No there isn't I think whoever it is might be desperate or just curious for price? Or could be pleuralmesothelioma.com itself wanting it? For brand protection?

I got it because Google said the same amount of people monthly were searching both singular and plural. Go figure?

Must be a Google glitch.

From my registrar told me I'm not listed on afternic therefore someone requested afternic to have me list it on afternic.

Last edited:
•••
Ummmmmm okay????? I just checked whois for pleuralmesotheliomas.com over at domaintools.com . I never listed this domain on afternic. Never got around to it. When I registered it I did not use domain tools.found out later it had been dropped twice! Do thought I messed up so it was crap.

Looks like it is listed for $8750!!!!!!!!!!

And someone asked afternic to ask me to list it on afternic. Whoever it is must have checked afternics website and saw that price. And still wanted it.

But I never put that price!?!?

Did afternic put that price? Or was it the old owner who let it drop?

If it was thee old owner why is that price still there?
Anyways should I ask for more? Seems like whoever it is saw the price and is ready to buy. As if it's a bargain to them?

Or would asking for more ruin it?

I think that price was from the old owner back in dec. 2014. It's two years later. Should it be more today?

Whoever owned this reg it back in 2013 and let it drop in 12-2014. And at the end put up a buy now price of $8750? Does that sound right? Was that too much to ask for?

And when it dropped no one got it? For reg fee?

And now someone wants it?

I haven't authorized yet wait till tomorrow to call afternic.

I want to slap a $50k price on it like Mike Mann would.

But I'm no Mike Mann.

Advice anyone?

•••
$50K for what? Are you kidding me? You need to be realistic man. Do you know how many sales Mike has lost? Of course, nobody ask that question and we do not hear about those lost sales.

Better be realistic. Firstly, the domain name is not so premium and it could be that the buyer has seen that $8k+ and looking for bargain. I would give it less that amount and take it from there.

Well, good luck being a Mike Mann.

•••
You're not getting any type in traffic on this domain. If you're in the business of selling domains, price it to sell. You have a list of previous sales to go by.

•••
Price it at a level you would be happy with for it, don't worry to much about leaving anything on the table as it isn't a premium name.

If you are happy with $2k go back with that.. what you do not want is to go back with a figure of $8k or even $50k and scare off the 1 potential buyer for this name for good..

No regrets and all that, do not regret not selling it now.

•••
Seriously, you thought it was a mistake to buy, now you have an offer. Go take their money!

•••
Come to think of it. I might take the $8750. Why because while registering pleuralmesotheliomas.com

I also registered

Cancermesotheliomas.com
Asbestosmesotheliomas.com
$50K for what? Are you kidding me? You need to be realistic man. Do you know how many sales Mike has lost? Of course, nobody ask that question and we do not hear about those lost sales.

Better be realistic. Firstly, the domain name is not so premium and it could be that the buyer has seen that $8k+ and looking for bargain. I would give it less that amount and take it from there.

Well, good luck being a Mike Mann.

Yea I've decided to take the $8k if that is the price on there.

Plus will report it to namebio so there is a big sale for plural version "mesotheliomas"

As I do have two others that are same ending in s

Thanks!

•••
You're not getting any type in traffic on this domain. If you're in the business of selling domains, price it to sell. You have a list of previous sales to go by.

True true I checked that can you clear up something when you say no type in traffic. So I should disregard the bs with Google keyword planner where singular and plural versions of a word both get the same number of monthly type in traffic?

You ever notice that? Is that accurate?

Last edited:
•••
Talking about direct navigation / parking revenue. Google numbers are a guess.

Last edited:
•••
Price it at a level you would be happy with for it, don't worry to much about leaving anything on the table as it isn't a premium name.

If you are happy with $2k go back with that.. what you do not want is to go back with a figure of $8k or even $50k and scare off the 1 potential buyer for this name for good..

No regrets and all that, do not regret not selling it now.

Thanks! Yea so I'm going to assume whoever is checking it out and requesting for it to be on afternic saw the $8750 buy now price and has accepted it in their heads to get it. As it is a buy now price right?

They have no option to negotiate. I assume. So looks good to me for $8750. Thanks for the advice.

Maybe they will take my other MESOTHELIOMAS domains or someone will see this sale.

Might trigger a "run" in mesotheliomas ending domains. Keep and eye out. Maybe good for a 99 cent reg.theres gotta be a bunch of keywords you can still find to slap in front of mesotheliomas for a buck!

If people can see this sale. Could potential window shoppers think hey hey someone bought pleuralmesotheliomas.com?

For $8750?

"Why? They must know something I don't ?"

Maybe lawyers are now opting to buy obvious "ugly domains" for big money?

Also cancer and cancers can be good too.

Seems like in this niche length is not an issue

As in asbestoscancermesothelioma.com selling for $6k+

I'll let you know what happened
Thanks guys.

•••
Talking about direct navigation / parking revenue. Google numbers are a guess.

Oic ic
I'm a newbie . What tools free or paid to you use to check my domains type in traffic?

I learned it before but forgot.

•••
did you try calling an afternic sale agent to ask about this as well as to get advice? they know exactly what it means and why afternic is asking you for prices.. or where it comes from etc.. they have free number.

Last edited:
•••
Oic ic
I'm a newbie . What tools free or paid to you use to check my domains type in traffic?

I learned it before but forgot.

you use parking company like bodis.

•••
•••
Oh ok that's right

No I thought you guys use some free tools online maybe estibot to check out type in traffic for my domain and stuff.

I'm sure brokers for buyers use such tools. Would be useful to know these tools

Last edited:
•••
It looks like you (or someone else) have listed the domain on Afternic with the "Fast Transfer" option, which requires an authorization through the registrar.

This authorization will allow Afternic to do all the transfer process by itself, without any owner intervention.

I think the request you receive through your Registrar is just this and not an offer or something.

•••
did you try calling an afternic sale agent to ask about this as well as to get advice? they know exactly what it means and why afternic is asking you for prices.. or where it comes from etc.. they have free number.

I haven't yet. Was at the gf house. I'm going to call them as soon as I get to thee office.

This pretty exciting I tell you.

From a mistake and probably going to drop to a $x,xxx sale.

Let me not jinx it. Probably a mistake. That $8750. Buyer probably going to lowball me. Even though that buy no price is there.

Can someone confirm?

Check pleuralmesotheliomas.com using domain tools whois it will show that this domain is available for $8750.

Am I dreaming? Or what?

•••
It looks like you (or someone else) have listed the domain on Afternic with the "Fast Transfer" option, which requires an authorization through the registrar.

This authorization will allow Afternic to do all the transfer process by itself, without any owner intervention.

I think the request you receive through your Registrar is just this and not an offer or something.

Oh boy so they don't want to buy it? Sigh. I really need to call afternic. B4 getting hopes up. Why even ask me for auth if no one is interested in buying it?

So you think it's nothing? Then what's point in asking this auth?

Thanks

•••
It looks like this. To be sure, can you paste here the content of the email, without any sensitive data?

•••

Yea I checked with my registrar just so happens the rep I spoke too worked for afternic too. Which was great. He said I did not request to submit this domain to afternic. And the someone had to be reaching out to me for this domain.

Was he wrong maybe?

I can't paste right now I'm mobile . But thanks I will just hit the auth button later and proceed .whatever it's cool . Hope it's a sale though.

•••
if your not sure if someone made offer or if they are just aksing you to confirm fast registry transdfer, then call afternic, give the domain name to afternic sale agent. and they'll tell you

otherwise, everyone on here, inclluding you will be just speculating on whats happening.

hope its a sale for you though and look forward to hearing about in the sales thread.

good luck
bye

•••
if your not sure if someone made offer or if they are just aksing you to confirm fast registry transdfer, then call afternic, give the domain name to afternic sale agent. and they'll tell you

otherwise, everyone on here, inclluding you will be just speculating on whats happening.

hope its a sale for you though and look forward to hearing about in the sales thread.

good luck
bye
Agreed. Thanks sorry to waste everyone's time

•••
Agreed. Thanks sorry to waste everyone's time
You're not wasting our time, it was a legitimate doubt and asking here was a good choice.

However, BEFORE hitting the auth button, paste here the mail text.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back