IT.COM

Afternic or Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
Hi Folks,

Which one would you choose for advertising your BIN domains? I'm edging towards Afternic?

DD

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
I use my own site so leads come direct name, email, phone, ip etc... Bodis and Uniregistry sales landers are 2 free options that let ya get leads direct as well. If the question is simply Afternic or Sedo I'd definitely go Afternic as the reach is larger due to Godaddy's massive existing userbase as they trump everyone in terms of registrations combined with their constant advertising that ya don't see from other markets. Advertising on domainer blogs/forums isn't as good as running commercials as the goal is end users not domainer buyers.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I do too, but I also list on the markets.

It doesn't hurt to have all your bases covered.

Mine are on sedo, afternic/godaddy, uniregistry but most leads come direct as that's where they point to.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I think Afternic is slightly better for listing with a BIN.

But both seem to give the best results when listing with a BIN.

•••
If you're selling lower priced domains, Sedo's minimum commission rules them out.

•••
Both! It's really a no-brainer. Plus own landers, of course. By which I also mean third party solutions like Efty..

•••
Afternic. If you sell a domain that's listed on sedo don't you still have to pay them 20% if it was sold off sedo?

•••
•••
Afternic. If you sell a domain that's listed on sedo don't you still have to pay them 20% if it was sold off sedo?

20% commission would only apply if the domain was sold on Sedo.

•••
I am listed on SEDO and AN.

Between the two, AN seems to get more exposure, or at least I have sold more and received more offers through AN.

What I like about SEDO is that they allow me to enter comments into my counteroffer, such as my comps that I found to support my price. With AN, I may do this only in a roundabout way by getting hold of the broker who is handling the offer when it comes in, which they do assign an account manager to a large account.

Last edited:
•••
I have basically been ignoring both Sedo & Afternic for my domain sales, but about 2 weeks ago I updated my listings on both Sedo and Afternic.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back