Afternic - Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GoDaddy

Established Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros!
By popular demand, we have launched a dedicated feedback thread for Afternic, the GoDaddy-owned domain name marketplace.

We have created this thread as a way for you to tell us what works, what doesn't work, and what features you'd like to see at Afternic (please be constructive with your feedback). We're looking forward to hearing from the domain investment community to help us shape the future of Afternic.

We will also be sharing Afternic product updates in this thread.

Please note that this thread is not meant for support. Please email our support team at [email protected] for assistance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
At this point no hope for me that i will receive money
:xf.cry:

•••
:xf.cry:
Times I have received payment same day, others times 2 weeks. It's frustrating but I'm sure you will receive your funds. Try to be patient

•••

Nah, GD will give you the money, they'll just drag it out as much as possible. It's called "maximizing cashflow" and it's more likely to extend past a holiday weekend than at any other time.

Last edited:
•••
Nah, GD will give you the money, they'll just drag it out as much as possible. It's called "maximizing cashflow" and it's more likely to extend past a holiday weekend than at any other time.
Thanks for support
In my pocket is call "cash net zero" & the problem is serious but is a God for everyone up there

•••
Maybe someone bought the names with a stolen credit card or some scam. Those small sales in a row seemed weird anyway. I had many small sales in the past, day after day, by some Russian that wanted to spend his money on DD just before the sanctions.

Last edited:
•••
@GoDaddy once again it is no more possible to change the payee after the afternic sale occured but before the payout is/was scheduled. Earlier, the system opened a page from classic afternic to do so. It is no more the case. "New and improved" sale details page does not show this button. Another status-related button displays 404 page.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for support
In my pocket is call "cash net zero" & the problem is serious but is a God for everyone up there
yeah I think they can improve on their customer service

Last edited:
•••
Maybe someone bought the names with a stolen credit card or some scam. Those small sales in a row seemed weird anyway. I had many small sales in the past, day after day, by some Russian that wanted to spend his money on DD just before the sanctions.

Not the case ...they different buyers multiple states , some are developed + i receive money from other sales so not weird so must pay me Afternic / Godaddy

Last edited:
•••
Not the case ...they different buyers multiple states , some are developed + i receive money from other sales so not weird so must pay me Afternic / Godaddy
Did all the domains that sold got transferred to the buyer?

•••
Yes , all & some developed like is case of Vix.cc
This one as i say was set to be paid on 26 March , but some one think is "ok" to block transfer of funds

Last edited:
•••

GrokApplication
ApplicationGrok
AffiliateGrok
GrokAffiliate
GrokRelic
GrokIndustry all 6 at once that @phaethon say "seemed weird" 😡 are one buyer from Ontario Canada

ivannah from New York USA

xtendreality under full privacy

vix . cc something related with crypto or nft is under development

noteped buyer from Argentina

perpetuumgpt from Florida USA
idemgpt from Florida USA
jointventuregpt from Florida USA i think same buyer for all 3

forextradegpt Nigeria ( maybe the only possible doubt )

•••
Weird is no receive money from my sale & at this point no money

•••
@GoDaddy once again it is no more possible to change the payee after the afternic sale occured but before the payout is/was scheduled. Earlier, the system opened a page from classic afternic to do so. It is no more the case. "New and improved" sale details page does not show this button. Another status-related button displays 404 page.
Hi @tonyk2000
Thanks for your feedback. You should still see a link to edit your payout method after the sale occurred (“Payout Information”) as pictured:
IMG_1479.png

If you do not see this, please DM us with the domain in question.

We will DM you about the 404 link. (Edit, we’re unable to DM you. Please reach out to us on [email protected])

Last edited:
•••
Hi @tonyk2000
Thanks for your feedback. You should still see a link to edit your payout method after the sale occurred (“Payout Information”) as pictured:
Show attachment 254722

When is this link visible, and when not?

I don't see the link for a domain that has just sold.

Afternic March 29.png

Last edited:
•••
Hi @bmugford,
We’re committed to optimizing the Afternic platform and appreciate your feedback. We continue to focus on providing the best tools and features for sellers through Afternic.com, while giving buyers a frictionless way to buy domains through the network and sale landers.

Doing so helps us stay focused on delivering the highest sell-through rate for sellers. This decision to transition searches to GoDaddy was based on data showing less than 1% of sales came from Afternic Search, primarily by expert buyers who often start with a GoDaddy Search before going to Afternic.

1. Afternic is supposed to be the directory and also the service for all partner registrars and others. Removing search and forcing people to go to Godaddy is against the spirit of that and doesn't help.

2. What % were you expecting? What % of buyers did actually go to Afternic.com beyond the landers? The reason it is 1% is GD/Afternic not managing to make Afternic usable by potential end users.

•••
@GoDaddy. I warned you that Your inaction will not end with anything good. You take domains from honest domainers for no reason, you do not pay money for the sale of domains on time, you violate all the rules of trade at Afternic. Lot of domainers here begin to think about removing all their domains from your marketplace. Please notify your leadership that the entire domainers public is looking at your strange acts and draws conclusions. Return to us the good old honest Afternic!
PS Have a conscience! Urgently pay our colleague Armageddon

Last edited:
•••
1. Afternic is supposed to be the directory and also the service for all partner registrars and others. Removing search and forcing people to go to Godaddy is against the spirit of that and doesn't help.
That's a powerful statement and very well said. I don't think that GoDaddy acts with that level of cooperation or sincerity ever but you stated why gutting Afternic just felt wrong to me. Thank you.

•••
I do not see this (instant transfer sale). Similar page shows just the following:

Transaction Summary
Sale Price
Payout Amount
Transfer Type
Auto
Payout Date
Not Scheduled
Transfer Complete
...has been transferred successfully. We will now schedule your disbursement and notify you once your funds have been disbursed within the next 1-3 business days.

404 error is shown after clicking on "click here" inside the following (transfer status column)-

We are processing this domain transfer. This process usually takes 5-7 business days. Click here to view the latest status

Will now DM you related screenshots

Last edited:
•••
•••
On 2 April 2024 same situation still not paid for my sales
Even past for same sales 20 days

All domains have status TRANSFER COMPLETE

Vix.cc - set to be paid on 26 March 2024 but still not receive money

noteped.com - 212.5 Thu Mar 12 2024 250

grokapplication.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250

applicationgrok.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250

grokaffiliate.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250

affiliategrok.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250

grokindustry.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250

grokrelic.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250

forextradegpt.com 127.5 Mon Mar 18 2024

perpetuumgpt.com 127.5Tue Mar 19 2024

idemgpt.com 127.5Tue Mar 19 2024 150

jointventuregpt.com 127.5Tue Mar 19 2024

ivannah.com 212.5 Wed Mar 20 2024 250

•••
This is a crime - not to pay money from the transaction for more than 20 days without clarifying the reasons

•••
@GoDaddy .. I have some feedback about the afternic custom checkout link. I really like the feature of the reduced commission for private sales but it's very confusing for buyers because of all the brands involved. I have already had buyers not wanting to use the link because I tell them it's through godaddy/afternic and then the checkout link is with dan. It's 3 brands involved, at least in name, for a single transaction. This creates insecurity and raises suspicion by buyers.

Last edited:
•••
@GoDaddy .. I have some feedback about the afternic custom checkout link. I really like the feature of the reduced commission for private sales but it's very confusing for buyers because of all the brands involved. I have already had buyers not wanting to use the link because I tell them it's through godaddy/afternic and then the checkout link is with dan. It's 3 brands involved, at least in name, for a single transaction. This creates insecurity and raises suspicion by buyers.
Hi @werty
Thanks for your feedback, it's valuable as we look at future iterations of Custom Checkout Link. Afternic's team has more plans for Custom Checkout Link this year.

•••
Is it just me or the same happening to you guys in the last few days? I am unable to list any recently registered domains with alternative extension on Afternic even if I wait a few days. Previously I had no issues, something must have been changed. When I add domains they go to pending review and in a split second disappear. James and Service Desk are looking into this, just wondered if it is an isolated case or happens to most of you. If so would welcome some workaround if any. Thanks

Show attachment 252180
Hi @GoDaddy , please note it has been a month and the issue still persist with .vc domains. It is just not possible to list them at Afternic. It requires a manual forced listing from service department, but many time it takes 4-5 emails sent to the team that they understand what the real issue is, list them manually, making sure they are not ending up in pending review and actually domains showing up in portfolio so I can set the landers accordingly. Last time it took me 5 mails and domains still ended up disappearing from the portfolio again after service team confirmed they are listed. Could you please escalate the issue internally since this is consuming my and the support staff´s time and energy which could be spent elsewhere. I am pretty sure I am not the only one list this extension so they might be overwhelmed with such requests. Note! I have sent evidences and screenshots /emails to James also, hopefully which can be used to put this in front of the development team.

Last edited:
•••
@GoDaddy I added 2 domains to my afternic account yesterday and had to immediately provide proof of ownership as someone has listings for both on them on godaddy. I proved ownership and they were accepted in my afternic account. I have them for sale under 'make offer'.

However 1 day later both rogue listings are still available for sale on godaddy and my listings are not visible. I thought that proving ownership and having them for sale in my afternic account would remove the rogue listings on godaddy but apparently not. How do i get rid of the rogue listings so my listings are live and not the rogue ones? Shouldn't they automatically get removed when I verified ownership in afternic or is that not how it works?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back