Afternic - Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GoDaddy

Established Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros!
By popular demand, we have launched a dedicated feedback thread for Afternic, the GoDaddy-owned domain name marketplace.

We have created this thread as a way for you to tell us what works, what doesn't work, and what features you'd like to see at Afternic (please be constructive with your feedback). We're looking forward to hearing from the domain investment community to help us shape the future of Afternic.

We will also be sharing Afternic product updates in this thread.

Please note that this thread is not meant for support. Please email our support team at [email protected] for assistance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@GoDaddy I added 2 domains to my afternic account yesterday and had to immediately provide proof of ownership as someone has listings for both on them on godaddy. I proved ownership and they were accepted in my afternic account. I have them for sale under 'make offer'.

However 1 day later both rogue listings are still available for sale on godaddy and my listings are not visible. I thought that proving ownership and having them for sale in my afternic account would remove the rogue listings on godaddy but apparently not. How do i get rid of the rogue listings so my listings are live and not the rogue ones? Shouldn't they automatically get removed when I verified ownership in afternic or is that not how it works?
I would suggest re-adding them. I'm finding that new adds are dropping from my account quite often. They seem to stick after the second add. Should that be necessary? No, but I check all of my new adds the day after. I also recommend using GoDaddy's bulk search for your own portfolio. If anything that should be listed is unavailable, re-add.

•••
When trying to customise columns in portfolio view I can’t get rid of the sale lander column even when it’s unchecked.

•••
@GoDaddy I added 2 domains to my afternic account yesterday and had to immediately provide proof of ownership as someone has listings for both on them on godaddy. I proved ownership and they were accepted in my afternic account. I have them for sale under 'make offer'.

However 1 day later both rogue listings are still available for sale on godaddy and my listings are not visible. I thought that proving ownership and having them for sale in my afternic account would remove the rogue listings on godaddy but apparently not. How do i get rid of the rogue listings so my listings are live and not the rogue ones? Shouldn't they automatically get removed when I verified ownership in afternic or is that not how it works?
My sympathies. GoDaddy really needs to get these rogue listings under control. And, as your experience shows, "listing" your domain with them may not actually solve the problem. Perhaps these unscrupulous sellers have now found a loophole to boot out the legitimate owners' listings for their own?

Between Dan and Afternic, I've dealt with multiple rogue listing removals this past year. Sadly, other unwelcomed listings of the same domains would then show up again. Ultimately, most recently, Dan and Afternic blocks on subsequent attempts for relisting my portfolio, without actual vericaation, appeared to stop the unauthorized listings.

However, as of yesterday, I am starting to find new GoDaddy auction listings of some of my domains by these rogue sellers. So, perhaps Dan and Afternic are being more effective at stopping the rogue sellers trying to list other owners' domains. However, GoDaddy auctions apparently continues to have security issues making it possible for unauthorized listings there. And, perhaps now they are becoming the preferred platform for their unwelcomed misdeeds.

Thanks for raising attention to the continued challenges of rogue sellers on the GoDaddy platfoirm. It is clearly important to continue monitoring for new fraudster relistings of your portfolio, even if you were reassured and see that the unauthorized listing was initially removed.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I would suggest re-adding them. I'm finding that new adds are dropping from my account quite often. They seem to stick after the second add. Should that be necessary? No, but I check all of my new adds the day after. I also recommend using GoDaddy's bulk search for your own portfolio. If anything that should be listed is unavailable, re-add.
Could you share how exactly you do this?
Doing bulk checking probably makes sense, especially if we're seeing a new trend of authentic owner domain listings are getting kicked out by these rogue sellers.
So please do explain how this can be done with GoDaddy.

Note that with Dynadot, there is an ability to automatically see if your domains are listed on Afternic, even if without your consent. Sadly, though, the unauthorized GoDaddy auction listings aren't detected with this feature.

•••
i've tried this but it's not worked. One of the domains is playvalue in org. I have it listed for sale in my afternic account but the listing on godaddy is for a different amount and is not mine. Mine doesn't show as obviously there can't be two listings on godaddy for same domain.

I have now switched it to make an offer in afternic because if I have it set at a price on fast transfer I am thinking I could lose the domain if they sell it via their listing. What a mess. I don't understand how, after verifying ownership on afternic, someone else gets to keep a live listing on godaddy.

I have same problem for 2 other domains. I contacted afternic support 2 days ago but still waiting for a response. This has really put me off using fast transfer on afternic.

•••
i've tried this but it's not worked. One of the domains is playvalue in org. I have it listed for sale in my afternic account but the listing on godaddy is for a different amount and is not mine. Mine doesn't show as obviously there can't be two listings on godaddy for same domain.

I have now switched it to make an offer in afternic because if I have it set at a price on fast transfer I am thinking I could lose the domain if they sell it via their listing. What a mess. I don't understand how, after verifying ownership on afternic, someone else gets to keep a live listing on godaddy.

I have same problem for 2 other domains. I contacted afternic support 2 days ago but still waiting for a response. This has really put me off using fast transfer on afternic.
I'm sorry that didn't work for you. I'd guess that the problem could be a GoDaddy auction listing. Those seems to hang around forever even after you add and verify a name with Afternic. In my experience, the old auction listings need to be removed by someone at GoDaddy/Afternic.

I see the name you mentioned listed as $3,000 BIN in GoDaddy auctions. It shows up as make offer on Dynadot. I'm assuming the Dynadot listing is accurate and from the Afternic feed.

Hopefully, someone from Afternic gets you help to clear those names for you so they appear properly on GoDaddy.

•••
Could you share how exactly you do this?
Most days I will first check my most recent adds at https://www.godaddy.com/domains/bulk-domain-search

That way it's a small number and I can see that the listings are active and also verify that the pricing is correct.

After checking recent additions and noting any that might be missing or otherwise problematic, I will do larger searches. This will identify any names that are not available but should be. The bulk search will also identity names that are listed but not Fast Transfer as "Auctions."

Afternic listings have enough glitches that I find this worthwhile. It can also help you catch your own errors, like forgetting to add your most recent buys.

•••
Doing bulk checking probably makes sense, especially if we're seeing a new trend of authentic owner domain listings are getting kicked out by these rogue sellers.
So please do explain how this can be done with GoDaddy.

Note that with Dynadot, there is an ability to automatically see if your domains are listed on Afternic, even if without your consent. Sadly, though, the unauthorized GoDaddy auction listings aren't detected with this feature.
My experience with GoDaddy auction listings being a problem is with old, outdated listings causing occasional problems for my listings -- ones from listings that likely were valid in the past but never removed.

I don't know how easy or possible it is for new, invalid listings to be added to GoDaddy auctions. I haven't noticed the problem personally in terms of conflict with my listings. Hopefully, it is difficult but I don't know.

Last edited:
•••
My experience with GoDaddy auction listings being a problem is with old, outdated listings causing occasional problems for my listings -- ones from listings that likely were valid in the past but never removed.

I don't know how easy or possible it is for new, invalid listings to be added to GoDaddy auctions. I haven't noticed the problem personally in terms of conflict with my listings. Hopefully, it is difficult but I don't know.
Yes, there have been comments over the years on NP about outdated and inaccurate listings on GoDaddy auctions. And one would think that only the actual GoDaddy domain registrant would be able to list there.

Perhaps GoDaddy tech suppofrt can provide some answers. During the meantime, since the Afternic and Dan blocks seem to be working, let's see if a GoDaddy auction listing block can be added.

•••
I've got a question @GoDaddy

When looking at the lead center page, the names and data are listed and have a slight blue background. It has been this way for a while, but I have one name that is not highlighted...meaning it has a white background like the rest of the page.

The status is the same as those around it, stalled, and there is no other reason I can find for it being singled out. Thanks.

•••

This has now been sorted by afternic. Thanks to everyone who commented/advised.

•••
Hi @GoDaddy , please note it has been a month and the issue still persist with .vc domains. It is just not possible to list them at Afternic. It requires a manual forced listing from service department, but many time it takes 4-5 emails sent to the team that they understand what the real issue is, list them manually, making sure they are not ending up in pending review and actually domains showing up in portfolio so I can set the landers accordingly. Last time it took me 5 mails and domains still ended up disappearing from the portfolio again after service team confirmed they are listed. Could you please escalate the issue internally since this is consuming my and the support staff´s time and energy which could be spent elsewhere. I am pretty sure I am not the only one list this extension so they might be overwhelmed with such requests. Note! I have sent evidences and screenshots /emails to James also, hopefully which can be used to put this in front of the development team.
Hi @freety85
Thanks for following up. We're on it—our dev team is digging into the issue. It seems the root of the issue is Whois checks, so we're working hard to resolve it. Please keep us in the loop about your experience with this.

Hi @camcon
Looks like there's a separate domain listing at GoDaddy Auctions, probably from the previous owner. If you reach out to [email protected], they'll be able to work with you to resolve this. (update: we're glad this was resolved already!)

When trying to customise columns in portfolio view I can’t get rid of the sale lander column even when it’s unchecked.
Hi @Kyle Tully
Thanks for pointing this out, we'll ask Afternic's team to look into it.

I've got a question @GoDaddy

When looking at the lead center page, the names and data are listed and have a slight blue background. It has been this way for a while, but I have one name that is not highlighted...meaning it has a white background like the rest of the page.

The status is the same as those around it, stalled, and there is no other reason I can find for it being singled out. Thanks.
Hi @Mister Funsky
A white background means that there is an unread message from a broker that you haven't opened yet. This will also be under the "Needs Attention" tab. Once you have viewed this, the background will switch to blue after a few seconds.

•••
A white background means that there is an unread message from a broker that you haven't opened yet. This will also be under the "Needs Attention" tab. Once you have viewed this, the background will switch to blue after a few seconds.

Yes, before it used to switch. Since last few days, it remains white even after reading a message.

•••
Listing integrity is something we take seriously. We have an automated review system that flags domain names before they are listed for sale. We continue to refine our system. Once a domain is flagged, it is not listed. It is then added to a block list that requires a new lister to verify the ownership before it can be added.
@GoDaddy
Is it possible for your GoDaddy Auctions marketplace to provide blocks for domains in advance of such unwanted listings?

After numerous rogue listing incidents, the blocks on relistings appears to be working for Dan and Afternic. However, now new rogue listings are showing up on GoDaddy auctions.

If someone who is not a customer has this problem, can they request a block to prevent future incidents on GoDaddy Auctions as well. This would demonstrate a commitment to the integrity of your marketplace.

•••
@GoDaddy We are concerned about the lack of resolution to @Armageddon situation. You guys verified payment for ALL of the sales and transferred all the domains, yet seller has not received payment or a response that is satisfactory.

•••
@GoDaddy We are concerned about the lack of resolution to @Armageddon situation. You guys verified payment for ALL of the sales and transferred all the domains, yet seller has not received payment or a response that is satisfactory.
Curious to see what happened as well. TBH when I saw those sales in a row, I thought it was some sort of scam straight away..sort of names I would not have in my portfolio even for free..

Last edited:
•••
Curious to see what happened as well. TBH when I saw those sales in a row, I thought it was some sort of scam straight away..sort of names I would not have in my portfolio even for free..
It doesn’t matter what you think (or do not know, or do not follow the last trends about GPT chat). All transactions took place, the domains were transferred to new owners (which are located in different countries of the world). Why is there no payments to the seller? If GD cares about the safety of deals, but there was no need to bring the matter to the transfer. What we have in the end? GD received money, buyers received domains. Our colleague received nothing

Last edited:
•••
On 2 April 2024 same situation still not paid for my sales
Even past for same sales 20 days

All domains have status TRANSFER COMPLETE

Vix.cc - set to be paid on 26 March 2024 but still not receive money

noteped.com - 212.5 Thu Mar 12 2024 250

grokapplication.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250

applicationgrok.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250

grokaffiliate.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250

affiliategrok.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250

grokindustry.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250

grokrelic.com 212.5 Thu Mar 14 2024 250

forextradegpt.com 127.5 Mon Mar 18 2024

perpetuumgpt.com 127.5Tue Mar 19 2024

idemgpt.com 127.5Tue Mar 19 2024 150

jointventuregpt.com 127.5Tue Mar 19 2024

ivannah.com 212.5 Wed Mar 20 2024 250
Has this been resolved yet?

Brad

•••
•••
•••
@GoDaddy! Do not ignore our requests! Armageddon is our colleague, whom we have known for several years. How many domainers who are not NamePros members are waiting for their payments after sa;es at Afternic? Tens of thousands of people read our forum. And we are not satisfied with bad attitude from your management. Give a clear answer what is happening in this case!

•••
i "celebrate" with Afternic/Godaddy a month of "marriage" since first sale happen on 12 March & not be paid ( Noteped in com ) , on 14 April will be 6 ( with term "grok" ) sales not be paid after ONE month & so on , in total 12 , and this are all .com with service Fast Transfer + Vix .cc even this was set to be paid on 26 March but past almost 3 weeks and not payout

Ta da 🤷

Last edited:
•••
i "celebrate" with Afternic/Godaddy a month of "marriage" since first sale happen on 12 March & not be paid ( Noteped in com ) , on 14 April will be 6 ( with term "grok" ) sales not be paid after ONE month & so on , in total 12 , and this are all .com with service Fast Transfer + Vix .cc even this was set to be paid on 26 March but past almost 3 weeks and not payout

Ta da 🤷

Have you made any sales with Afternic since or you removed/moved the landers/listings elsewhere?

The lack of response is troubling. If one month is not enough for you to verify whatever you are verifying, just return the man's domains then.

•••
Have you made any sales with Afternic since or you removed/moved the landers/listings elsewhere?

The lack of response is troubling. If one month is not enough for you to verify whatever you are verifying, just return the man's domains then.

Of course
In total 20 sales in 10 days all in March
For 7 of then no problem , money get but for the rest of 13 not

All 12 .com have same status " Transfer Complete " Payout date Not Scheduled

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back