Domain Empire

Afternic: My domain is already listed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Trying to list a domain on Afternic that I recently bought. The domain is already listed and the interface does not allow a verification (that should have been a better option to acknowledge the new owners).

I searched around a bit and could not find a knowledgebase or faq article on this topic from Afternic.
Any advice what should I do? Should I contact the old owner (I would rather not bother him anymore) or contact Afternic on the matter?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You have to call or email Afternic support and they'll remove it from the other person's account, happens frequently and they're pretty fast at getting it resolved.

•••
Contact afternic, this is a very common error. The guy who sold you the domain might have listed the domain on afternic and forgot to remove the domain from his/her account after it was sold.

•••
•••
Happens all the time.
Then I am really suprised there is no practical way to claim a domain that is listed for some other user.

•••
Easy game, just quickly hit them up, just be a bit patient when you send them an email tho.

•••
Yes, it is really annoying, but it doesn't look like they are going to fix this

or make it any easier, any time soon.

•••
You have to call or email Afternic support and they'll remove it from the other person's account, happens frequently and they're pretty fast at getting it resolved.
True, contact support. They'll take around 2-4 days to solve it.

•••
The day I started using Afternic, I had that problem for about 30-35 domains. I send them a message and a few hours later it was all fixed.

They are very quick to solve that problem. They want to make sure we can post our domains for sale.

•••
The day I started using Afternic, I had that problem for about 30-35 domains. I send them a message and a few hours later it was all fixed.

They are very quick to solve that problem. They want to make sure we can post our domains for sale.
Can you give me the support e-mail for afternic since I have the same problem

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
During business hours they might reply within a couple of hours or so. However, it's a holiday weekend so you might have to wait a little longer.

•••
A slow response time, but they eventually get around to fixing it.

I guess they handle a very large number of domains and it takes a while for them to get to yours.

•••
Please send an offer to that listing. :xf.smile:

Old owner would contact you in no time.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back