IT.COM

Afternic is Down.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
It seems Afternic is down. No idea how long it's been down, but I sure hope they're aware and someone is working on it.

afternic (2).PNG

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is working for me on east coast.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Well, now it is down for me! (must have been operating on cache)

Last edited:
•••
•••
afternic landers are still working

•••
Afternic is using Akamai. From my location, I see this:

www.afternic.com is an alias for afternic.com.edgekey.net.​
afternic.com.edgekey.net is an alias for e13901.dscx.akamaiedge.net.​
e13901.dscx.akamaiedge.net has address 23.2.226.129​
e13901.dscx.akamaiedge.net has IPv6 address 2a02:26f0:fe00:3a5::364d​
e13901.dscx.akamaiedge.net has IPv6 address 2a02:26f0:fe00:381::364d​

The #97 reference code shown in the screenshot is an Akamai reference code relating to ERR_CONNECT_TIMEOUT, which is a generic error, where Akamai is not able to connect to the Afternic origin server at a network level, TCP/IP layer. With the complete Reference IDs mentioned in this thread, Afternic should be able to debug the problem in the Akamai Control Center under Diagnostic Tools.

@James Iles

Last edited:
•••
Down for me New Jersey US!

Was wondering why I didn't sell a domain yet today! :xf.rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
Sorry guys, my bad. They were uploading my sales. Should be good now/soon.

•••
To all:

If an Akamai instance is unable to connect to the Afternic origin servers, the error could (still) be with Akamai as well as with Afternic, or even other parties in between in the routing path.

This issue may not only be related to your geo location (like "West Coast", "East Coast") but may differ based on the specific BGP peering agreements made by your ISP. Visitors from the same city could have different routing paths to Akamai.

To make debugging a bit more useful for Afternic, please also mention the IP address of www.afternic.com you're connecting to, and also the exact Akamai instance.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Was down for me for a few hours (west coast, Canada) but now back up :)

Last edited:
•••
Afternic is using Akamai. From my location, I see this:

www.afternic.com is an alias for afternic.com.edgekey.net.​
afternic.com.edgekey.net is an alias for e13901.dscx.akamaiedge.net.​
e13901.dscx.akamaiedge.net has address 23.2.226.129​
e13901.dscx.akamaiedge.net has IPv6 address 2a02:26f0:fe00:3a5::364d​
e13901.dscx.akamaiedge.net has IPv6 address 2a02:26f0:fe00:381::364d​

The #97 reference code shown in the screenshot is an Akamai reference code relating to ERR_CONNECT_TIMEOUT, which is a generic error, where Akamai is not able to connect to the Afternic origin server at a network level, TCP/IP layer. With the complete Reference IDs mentioned in this thread, Afternic should be able to debug the problem in the Akamai Control Center under Diagnostic Tools.

@James Iles
Thanks for tagging me. I believe the issues were fixed yesterday.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back