Domain Empire

Afternic down?

NameSilo
Watch
Afternic down - right now it shows:

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Also my landers have been acting up all day as I got a lot of downtime errors from my monitoring.

Edit: Also pages have been loading slowly earlier today...

Edit2: It loads now (the site) but extremely slowly.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can't reach the site either, right now.

•••
Haven't completed all the purchase process (for obvious reasons lol) but at least it seems partner registrar listings are working correctly

Last edited:
•••
I can see the website now if I go to afternic.com. I was trying to see a domain listing before

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
probably working on the afternic 2.0, but it works fine from here. ty. @Joe Styler ty

Last edited:
•••
Happening again...

Today there were no problems. I know this because I have permanent monitoring. If it was down at anytime I would have been receiving notifications.

You probably had a network problem of some sort.

•••
Today there were no problems. I know this because I have permanent monitoring. If it was down at anytime I would have been receiving notifications.

You probably had a network problem of some sort.
Thank you.

•••
If you are forwarding domains to Afternic you better check they are resolving...

•••
If you are forwarding domains to Afternic you better check they are resolving...

My checker does all that. But I use my own nameservers and redirect to the domain result page instead. Unsure how NSx from Afternic are working (well or not).

•••
My checker does all that. But I use my own nameservers and redirect to the domain result page instead. Unsure how NSx from Afternic are working (well or not).

But your own nameservers (I see you've named them ns5.* and ns6.* as well) are not configured correctly for some of your domains.

;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: REFUSED, id: 56017

Last edited:
•••
not all names are
But your own nameservers (I see you've named them ns5.* and ns6.* as well) are not configured correctly for some of your domains.

;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: REFUSED, id: 56017

I'm not sure what you are using. If it's a bulk checker it might be blocked.

Domains are working normally, I've just retested a few. Perhaps you used one that is either expired or not configured yet.

Please DM me the domain you have used.

Edit: I have to do the full SSL thing for them but haven't gotten to it yet. Lot of hassle.

Last edited:
•••
not all names are

I'm not sure what you are using. If it's a bulk checker it might be blocked.

Domains are working normally, I've just retested a few. Perhaps you used one that is either expired or not configured yet.

Please DM me the domain you have used.

Edit: I have to do the full SSL thing for them but haven't gotten to it yet. Lot of hassle.

Access to your nameservers is not blocked.

Sent you a PM with some example domains giving problems.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thank you for the replies, I am not as 'technical;' as you, so I made the dreaded move to SEDO, the one thing for sure I notice is that the domains forwarded to Afternic (NS3. after...) were not resolving.
I am failing to grasp why is not a big issue as also the potential traffic to the domains was not resolving... no traffic no sale.
Godaddy buying Afternic proving to be bad news...
Thanks again

•••
Anyone else getting this?

We apologize, but something seems to have gone wrong...
Our technical team will have a solution very shortly.

Edit/Add/UPDATE: I attempted to log in twice and got the message above with an odd red banner ...I kept clicking 'sell domains' and it finally started to work

Second UPDATE: No, it only appears to work...odd things are happening when different items are clicked. I assume they are in the middle of an update.

Last edited:
•••

Edit/Add/UPDATE: I attempted to log in twice and got the message above with an odd red banner ...I kept clicking 'sell domains' and it finally started to work

Second UPDATE: No, it only appears to work...odd things are happening when different items are clicked. I assume they are in the middle of an update.
They're probably migrating to their new platform, moving it out of beta. I'm able to login.

•••

i'm getting the same thing at 4:45pm

•••
•••

Yes, me too.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/go...30th-of-september.1254229/page-2#post-8459135

1637376633751-png.204595

Last edited:
•••
Just resumed functioning normally for me (had issues in the last 48h).

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back