Dynadot

Afternic in review status

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Justin W

Established Member
Impact
Is there any reason why when you list some domains in afternic they get put in review and some don't? I noticed some domains I submit are listed instantly and some are in review. Just curious if this is something random afternic does for security or what? Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am also curious to know, but one thing I tried is removing the domain in review and resubmitting again then it will be accepted, though it doesn't work everytime!

•••
Thanks Emmy I tried that on one of my domains but still says pending :barefoot:. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

•••
It could be because of the name. I listed gundetectors.com and it went into immediate review I assume to make sure I was not selling anything illegal.

•••
I still have a handful that are in review, though they were added to my account over a year ago.

I'm lazy, lol, guess I'll try doing what Emmy101 said.

•••
In review for over a year?! Must be some kind of error on afternics part.. or you were required to do something on your end? That's a very long time lol.

•••
In review for over a year?! Must be some kind of error on afternics part.. or you were required to do something on your end? That's a very long time lol.

Normal for Afternic nothing ever happens unless you email them. :ROFL:

•••
Normal for Afternic nothing ever happens unless you email them
Nothing may not happen then either. I have emailed 4 times trying to get a domain name that I have owned for months removed from someone else's account so that I can list it in my account. No response from anyone >:(

•••
You might have to email them multiple times to get it fixed. I haven't seen any rhyme or reason here with Afternic putting names on review. My names in review were across all categories with no obvious reason I could see for being reviewed.

•••
Same issue here, some are in review for several month. In another thread @Joe Styler from GoDaddy advised to email Afternic support!

•••
Also, quite often listed names are going back into review status.

•••
Had the same problem recently.

•••
Could be an issue with the domain. I have had a domain that was listed some time ago, and it's always been in a review status. I did contact them about some other domains which they sorted for me but no progress on this one! There is no old listing which I know can be a common issue.

Last edited:
•••
Is everyone emailing [email protected]? The emails coming in to them are tracked and should be caught up with soon. I know they got a bit behind in that queue but they are hitting it hard this week and it should be good going forward.

•••
Is everyone emailing [email protected]? The emails coming in to them are tracked and should be caught up with soon. I know they got a bit behind in that queue but they are hitting it hard this week and it should be good going forward.

I emailed 2x May 22 and May 31 for a name removal from old owner account and have received no responses back. Just reporting.

•••
•••
Thanks Joe, I have had 121 domain names in review for some weeks now and some GoDaddy registered .com names not placed into Fast Transfer mode. I have emailed [email protected] just now.

•••
I emailed 2x May 22 and May 31 for a name removal from old owner account and have received no responses back. Just reporting.
Not been able to get a response as well. I’m still waiting for replies from [email protected] for emails sent in May.

•••
I got my reply today. Problem taken care of finally.

•••
I think it has to do with whois errors when domains are in review. Just delete the names under review and try to re-list them.

•••
Not been able to get a response as well. I’m still waiting for replies from [email protected] for emails sent in May.
They may not answer you if you also asked someone else like your premier rep and they see you already got the answer. If that is not true send me your email and I will have them do a search, all the incoming emails are tracked. + @creataweb

•••
@Joe Styler

I get this email several times

Congratulations on choosing the Afternic Premium Network for the promotion of your domain names. Your domains are registered with an eligible Premium Network registrar.

In order to get the domains live on the Premium Network: 1) we need to confirm your domain ownership and 2) you need to accept the Premium Network terms and conditions so that your domains are opted-in to the Premium Network. You will be contacted shortly through email to complete the opt-in process. Click on the link in that email to complete the process for the following domains:

end--

but, that email to complete the process never arrived

•••
That is because one comes from Afternic to let you know you can list the names i.e. they meet our requirements, TLD, price, etc. However, they also have to be able to transfer so we go to your registrar and tell them you want to opt in to the network, they decide if you can i.e. your name can transfer there are no locks on it, etc. Once they determine it is they send the second email asking you to confirm that you are ok with transferring the domain name if it sells.
So most likely your domain cannot transfer because there is a lock or something preventing it. If not ask your registrar if they sent you the final email and follow up with [email protected].

•••
That is because one comes from Afternic to let you know you can list the names i.e. they meet our requirements, TLD, price, etc. However, they also have to be able to transfer so we go to your registrar and tell them you want to opt in to the network, they decide if you can i.e. your name can transfer there are no locks on it, etc. Once they determine it is they send the second email asking you to confirm that you are ok with transferring the domain name if it sells.
So most likely your domain cannot transfer because there is a lock or something preventing it. If not ask your registrar if they sent you the final email and follow up with [email protected].

Thanks for that. So to be clear, I have to unlock the domains that I have at other registrars for it to be approved? I have over 100 ".com's" in review for over a year now, so I just want a clear process on what to do now.

•••
I have had names in review for years. We shouldn't have to email to get those listings progressed imo.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back