IT.COM

Terrible experience with Afternic Fast Transfer, my experience – Insights Needed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

devma

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I recently encountered a perplexing issue with Afternic that I'd like to share and seek advice on.

On the 28th of November,, I received an email from Afternic stating that my domain name mydomain.biz had been sold via Afternic's Fast Transfer network. After 15 days, I contacted support to inquire about the status, and they requested the Auth/authorization code, I promptly provided the requested information.

After another 7 days, I reached out to Afternic again, and this time, they mentioned that they were waiting for the buyer to initiate the domain name transfer.

However, after 3 more days, I received an email stating:

"Unfortunately, we have not been able to verify your ownership of mydomain.biz. As a result, we have canceled the current sale for this domain, and we have removed the listing from your account.

Please log into your Afternic account to review and update all of your current listings so we can avoid this in the future."

This is the first time I've encountered such a situation. I have successfully sold many domains through platforms like Sedo, Dan, Squadhelp, etc., and this experience with Afternic is both inexplicable and illogical.

Has anyone else faced a similar issue with Afternic or have any insights into how to resolve this? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
So they were wrong when they said this: ?

"Please log into your Afternic account to review and update all of your current listings so we can avoid this in the future."

So you still have ownership of domain? Listing are all current?

Have you had past sales thru Afternic fast transfer or was this your first experience with them?

---------------
Luckily all mine have been smooth. Just set it up, it gets sold, they transfer the domain, send money to my bank account. I don't have to do anything on my end after the initial setup, most of the time. Every now and then I have to manually input the auth code.

Last edited:
•••
So they were wrong when they said this: ?

"Please log into your Afternic account to review and update all of your current listings so we can avoid this in the future."

So you still have ownership of domain?

Have you had past sales thru Afternic fast transfer or was this your first experience with them?

---------------
Luckily all mine have been smooth. Just set it up, it gets sold, they transfer the domain, send money to my bank account. I don't have to do anything on my end after the initial setup, most of the time. Every now and then I have to manually input the auth code.
Yes, the domain name is in my ownership. I have checked it multiple times. I have already sold domain via Afternic fast transfer.

•••
Godaddy has some problems with . biz extension. They’ll not even let you list for sale or auction from your godaddy account. Could be a glitch in the system between afternic and godaddy

•••
Godaddy has some problems with . biz extension. They’ll not even let you list for sale or auction from your godaddy account. Could be a glitch in the system between afternic and godaddy
I agree, full of bugs, Afternic user experience is awfull.
But this name has been sold via fast transfer :/

•••
Hi,

I recently encountered a perplexing issue with Afternic that I'd like to share and seek advice on.

On the 28th of November,, I received an email from Afternic stating that my domain name mydomain.biz had been sold via Afternic's Fast Transfer network. After 15 days, I contacted support to inquire about the status, and they requested the Auth/authorization code, I promptly provided the requested information.

After another 7 days, I reached out to Afternic again, and this time, they mentioned that they were waiting for the buyer to initiate the domain name transfer.

However, after 3 more days, I received an email stating:

"Unfortunately, we have not been able to verify your ownership of mydomain.biz. As a result, we have canceled the current sale for this domain, and we have removed the listing from your account.

Please log into your Afternic account to review and update all of your current listings so we can avoid this in the future."

This is the first time I've encountered such a situation. I have successfully sold many domains through platforms like Sedo, Dan, Squadhelp, etc., and this experience with Afternic is both inexplicable and illogical.

Has anyone else faced a similar issue with Afternic or have any insights into how to resolve this? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Hi @devma
Thanks for your message, and thanks to @bmugford for tagging us. It's important to note that if this was a typical Fast Transfer sale (Afternic's premium distribution network that generates 85 million search queries per month), you as the seller wouldn't need to take any action - the domain transfers automatically.

It looks as though our support team fully investigated this, but could you confirm the domain name to us via email ([email protected]), and we'd be happy to share some insights with you to avoid a similar incident happening in the future.

Last edited:
•••
Hi @devma
Thanks for your message, and thanks to @bmugford for tagging us. It's important to note that if this was a typical Fast Transfer sale (Afternic's premium distribution network that generates 85 million search queries per month), you as the seller wouldn't need to take any action - the domain transfers automatically.

It looks as though our support team fully investigated this, but could you confirm the domain name to us via email ([email protected]), and we'd be happy to share some insights with you to avoid a similar incident happening in the future.
I have just sent an email. Thank you

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back