IT.COM

Afternic - not recognizing GoDaddy registrar ??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandCougar

Top Member
Impact
Two quick questions..

1) Why is Afternic giving a "Register your domain with a participating Fast-transfer Registrar" message for GoDaddy registered domains lately?

2) Also, why is GoDaddy no longer listed on the "Fast-transfer registrars" list this morning?

upload_2019-1-1_10-7-5.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
@Joe Styler - appreciate any insight you could provide. Thanks.

In the Notifications Section I am getting messages with a button asking me to "Move Registrars".

Say what?

Why would Afternic be asking me to "Move Registrars" for a GoDaddy registered domain?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
@MasterOfMyDomains

Thanks!

That's exactly the green link I was talking about. It seems unusual that they wouldn't reference the same image that you provided. It does seem odd that GoDaddy wouldn't be in the Window pop up??

And more confusing... why is Afternic sending me notifications asking me to "Move Registrars" with domains that have been registered with GD for several years and with Expiry 6 months out?

•••
Extra Info...

As I go thru the Notification messages and click on the "edit" button for the domain, then hit the "Save" button, each name starts showing up as "In Review" on My Domains Portfolio list.

I wonder if there was a New Years glitch that when re-saving corrects the glitch?

•••
I am not sure why you are seeing this. It doesnt show up like that for me. GoDaddy is still in the network as well as on the image you are referencing on the web. We did not make any changes to the website.
I also double checked with the support team. We do not have anyone else saying they are getting emails asking them to move registrars. Can you send me a copy of the email you are getting so I can look into it?

•••
Hi @Joe Styler -

Thanks for your follow-up.

The messages were in my Afternic "Notifications Center" inbox on my AN Dashboard (post-login) - and were not sent via email. That's why it seemed so odd to me and why I raised the topic.

By re-submitting each of the names while on the Afternic site seems to have cleared up the problem and each of the names now shows as "Yes (Active)" in the Fast-Transfer column on my Dashboard.

Unfortunately, I cleared out my Afternic "Notifications Center" inbox once the re-submitting approach worked. Wish I hadn't done so, so I could cut/paste one of the Afternic internal messages for your review.

This morning I submitted some new names to Afternic and they went through the process normally.

I am not sure what was going on New Years morning, but it seems to have corrected itself and all my names are now Active.

Last edited:
•••
ok thanks. If you see it again please let me know.

•••
@Joe Styler, recently I acquired several domains from Godaddy closeout. Once they landed in my account, I uploaded them to my Afternic account with BIN. The Fast Transfer status was "No (Opt-in Required)" for all of them. Afternic email said to wait for an approval email from my registrar (Godaddy) but the approval email never came. So I deleted the domains, went back to Godaddy, used the beta Afternic listing service to add the domains with BIN. Then I checked my Afternic account and the domains still reported "No (Opt-in Required)". Afternic does not seem to know that the domains are registered at Godaddy. Do Afternic and Godaddy communicate with each other? What is the easiest/fastest to list Godaddy domains at Afternic with Fast Transfer option? Thanks.

•••
@Joe Styler, recently I acquired several domains from Godaddy closeout. Once they landed in my account, I uploaded them to my Afternic account with BIN. The Fast Transfer status was "No (Opt-in Required)" for all of them. Afternic email said to wait for an approval email from my registrar (Godaddy) but the approval email never came. So I deleted the domains, went back to Godaddy, used the beta Afternic listing service to add the domains with BIN. Then I checked my Afternic account and the domains still reported "No (Opt-in Required)". Afternic does not seem to know that the domains are registered at Godaddy. Do Afternic and Godaddy communicate with each other? What is the easiest/fastest to list Godaddy domains at Afternic with Fast Transfer option? Thanks.

How much time did you wait for the mail? I got mine after almost 2 months.But they were recently registered domains and probably thats why they sent a mail after lock-in period.

•••
Ah, so it's the 60-day lock issue? I only waited for a few days. Any workaround? I vaguely recall that I specified not to have the 60-day lock when I paid for the Godaddy Closeout domains.

•••
Ah, so it's the 60-day lock issue? I only waited for a few days. Any workaround? I vaguely recall that I specified not to have the 60-day lock when I paid for the Godaddy Closeout domains.
I am not sure,you can call or mail them in this regard.

•••
You have to wait until the lock expires and you should automatically get an email to opt in at that time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back