IT.COM

Afternic doesn't pay out and no communication

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ricardo M

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

I have sold a domain for the first time through Afternic. After 4 mails i received 1 time an answer as they said tomorrow it will be paid. That is now like 10 days ago and the payout on the website says 17th of april. Afternic ignores mails and complains and it feels like i and some others are getting ripped at the moment. They have the funds, transfer is complete and domain is gone. What can we do against this theft behaviour. I had high expectations from them but it seems they are not trust worthy at all. Who else has this issue going on at the moment? I know they changed the payment structure and stuff but it seems to me that everything is crashing over there and the lack of communication after commission is unacceptable. Who is with me in this experience? Please share

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sold a domain on Afternic BIN yesterday around 11:30 AM, initiated transfer to Godaddy holding account, they accepted and payment was sent out a 2 PM, just 2.5 hours later. Might be the quickest transaction I've seen through a marketplace.

•••
Sold a domain on Afternic BIN yesterday around 11:30 AM, initiated transfer to Godaddy holding account, they accepted and payment was sent out a 2 PM, just 2.5 hours later. Might be the quickest transaction I've seen through a marketplace.

wow
that record won't get beat any time soon
I'm in similar timeline here.. so let's see how far off I'll be.
domain sold 2 days ago.
reached their gd holding yesterday
still no payout and not even payout date.

timer on. let's see.

but I guess it all dpeends on when the buyer replies with his gd push info.
they won't release payment before it hits buyer account and they will not get push info themselves. used to be different before.. they release payments once domain in their holding.. they say.. . but it changed afterward.

•••
I am also waiting for payment for over a week now. Terrible. Domain is with buyer already but why are they holding money this long? sigh

•••
Week ago I've got nice and fast transaction with Afternic, got paid one day after the domain was transferred to buyer.

•••
Well... I totally recognize the issue. I've been waiting for a payout since april. They've answered 1 out of 10 emails and that 1 time they were complaining about paypal, although I checked with paypal and everything in my paypal account was fine...

•••
Even 1 week after domain transfer is complete is ridiculously long for a PayPal payment imo.

•••
I’m on day #12 right now. A bit frustrated as it said 8-10 days max. It doesnt even display a recorded “Payout Date”. Havent gotten a response to either of my emails yet either.... will try calling.

•••
I’m on day #12 right now. A bit frustrated as it said 8-10 days max. It doesnt even display a recorded “Payout Date”. Havent gotten a response to either of my emails yet either.... will try calling.
They might have to put the domain in the hands of the buyer, before issuing payout, was the domain at Godaddy?

•••
They might have to put the domain in the hands of the buyer, before issuing payout, was the domain at Godaddy?
It was, yes.

•••
•••
Well that is not good then, unless buyer requested auth code somewhere else.
I personally have had no contact with the buyer, Never gave an auth code either. Hopefully I can get it resolved through a phone call

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back