Domain Empire

Afternic Commission advice

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi Good Day

I just sold a domain on Afternic for $25,000 after commission I will get $18,750 which is 25% commision

I was using DAN landers with the domain listed at afternic & purchased on afternic

Kindly advise me on this commission structure and if Im reading it right.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats on your sale. Should be 15% Afternic fee with dan.com nameservers. Did you have Dan nameservers or was it a http redirect to Dan?

Cc @James Iles

Last edited:
•••
Hi, I was using a Dan landing page , dan name servers - domain registered at Namecheap

•••
Should be 15% Afternic fee with dan.com nameservers.
This is how I understand the new commission structure to be too. I'd get with Afternic or Godaddy to find out what's what on this. Perhaps @Joe Styler can help on this.

•••
If the domain was using Dan landers (pointing your nameservers to ns1.dan.com/ns2.dan.com or ns1.undeveloped.com/ns2.undeveloped.com) at the time of the sale, and the domain sold via Afternic, that would be the 15% rate.

@TheName, please can you email details of the domain name you sold to [email protected] and I'll get the team to double check this.

•••
Congrats for your sale @TheName
Hope this can be resolved soon!

•••
If the domain was using Dan landers (pointing your nameservers to ns1.dan.com/ns2.dan.com or ns1.undeveloped.com/ns2.undeveloped.com) at the time of the sale, and the domain sold via Afternic, that would be the 15% rate.

@TheName, please can you email details of the domain name you sold to [email protected] and I'll get the team to double check this.
Thanks for your offer of help - really grateful. I reached out to Afternic last night by phone, awaiting their response. Have a lovely day:xf.smile:

•••
Congrats for your sale @TheName
Hope this can be resolved soon!
Thanks for your wishes. Grateful to the community here for all the education which is why sales are possible. Best wishes for your sales also.

•••

Can nameservers be changed to afternic after a 'price inquiry' and still receive the 15% comm if a sale takes place as a result of that inquiry?

Or is the discounted 15% nameserver rule applied at the time of a price inquiry also?

•••
Can nameservers be changed to afternic after a 'price inquiry' and still receive the 15% comm if a sale takes place as a result of that inquiry?

Or is the discounted 15% nameserver rule applied at the time of a price inquiry also?
I was about to create a thread regarding the same question. May be create one to know about other marketplaces as well ! ? Anyway waiting for James reply on this.

•••

The domain has to be pointed to the approved nameservers at the time of the sale - defined as when the funds are received in order to get the 15% rate.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back