Dynadot

Afiliates keep changing the links!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've used Commission Junction and Shoogloo, it ends up being a complete waste of time. Every 6 months they change the link created a massive amount of work!
I realize i've got dead link and live ads that are getting links but nothing for me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not the case with all merchants - I have links I've used for years that are still good.

Special offers and promos will expire, product links can change or expire. Do you check for expiration dates when you grab a link?

If the problem is with product links, you're better off getting those through a feed than individually (unless it's a small, manageable number of them.)

•••
Looks like cj has a 6 month cancel policy. Seems like bad business to me. People may have slow growth, after 2 year even 50$ at least pays for the web costs. Not to mention the time of changing links. Affiliate links need to be thought out not just put there like adsense.
6 months is not long, many business are on seasonal cycles. I don't see the point of being rude to new partners, they claim to send out email, i never saw it.

•••
•••
Looks like cj has a 6 month cancel policy. Seems like bad business to me. People may have slow growth, after 2 year even 50$ at least pays for the web costs. Not to mention the time of changing links. Affiliate links need to be thought out not just put there like adsense.
6 months is not long, many business are on seasonal cycles.

With all due respect, if it takes you more than 6 months to generate ONE sale, you may want to consider other ways of monetizing your sites. $50 in 2 years? IMO that's "why bother?" If your site isn't ready to generate sales, don't sign up and put links on it.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again: All it takes to avoid that is one test purchase.

•••
•••
I've used Commission Junction and Shoogloo, it ends up being a complete waste of time. Every 6 months they change the link created a massive amount of work!
I realize i've got dead link and live ads that are getting links but nothing for me.

Something I've done a couple of times - try to email these affiliates. It's strange but they are not always realizing well what they are doing. Help them realizing it. It may or may not work but you do not lose anything.

•••

I've made money with Cj. True I was importing the links from coupons. So no work for me and also the removal was automated.
The links were place once received so they were working.
Around 1000$ made with Cj this way.

•••
Another idea might be to contact the Affiliate representative for whatever product you are having trouble with and see if they can recommend a solution as the affiliate brand manager. Most likely they will know much more about how there affiliate campaigns run and why and can probably answer any difficult questions you may, provide solutions or point you in a positive direction. Most every single product on CJ has an affiliate contact point. Could be a good outlet to start the process of getting the static links you need or understanding the systems better.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back