IT.COM

advice Advice Needed for Capturing Expiring Domain

NameSilo
Watch

brandnewtodomains

Impact
I'm in pursuit of a .com domain that expired in late March that was registered with NameBright and it looks like it was caught with DropCatch in the past. From my understanding, it should enter the 'pending delete' status in early June. I am new to this and would really appreciate your advice on the best strategy to secure this domain.

I'm considering setting up backorders with multiple domain drop catching services to increase my chances. Do you think this is a good idea, and would this indeed improve my odds? How do various domain catching services compare in terms of success rate and cost?

I'm also concerned about tipping off the original owner about my interest in the domain, as I prefer not to inflate the cost or create a bidding war. Would setting up these backorders potentially alert the original owner? Are there any services or strategies you'd recommend for staying updated on the status of the domain?

Any advice or insights you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back