Dynadot

Advertsing your site !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This might be the wrong board for it,but didn't know where this would fall.
I'm just curious on the methods of advertising people use to get their site out there.
My site is new and I'm trying some different things. I have people print out or logo and stick it on their car for a few weeks (we posted some pics on the site) and a F2000 Race Car driver is putting a decal of our logo on his car when he races.
We need to get away from the car theme :)

What has or hasn't worked for you ??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What is the business/website, Decker? :blink:

:wave:

•••
its called redfrogs dot com. It's just we're making for fun.
It will be hosting short movies (3-10minutes) that we are making and we'll host other peoples movies (suubmitted with consent) as well. It will be a free site and something we're doing for fun but trying to think of ways to get the word out.
And the webpage will get its professional layout early next week so excuse the ummm not so pretty layout now !

•••
Who is your target audience ... who will visit the site to either upload/host their movies or download/watch others' movies? :talk:

Is there a geographic component to it?
Have you searched for other, similar sites on the internet?
Why "Red Frogs" ... any particular meaning, or simply because it stands out, is creative?
Do you have a way to one day "monetize" from the site, or is it just a hobby?
Some ideas on formulating your marketing strategy basis, IMHO.
:wave:

•••
We were trying to think of cheap/inexpensive way to advretise. Like signs, window decals, and such at book stores, independent video stores and such locally. We don't want to do any pop-ups program since we find pop ups annoying :)
Right now its a hobby but it could be turned to a pay site pretty easily, but for now its a hobby.
We just liked the name RedFrogs, no real meaning, but a story of redfrogs will be added once the site gets updated next week.
There are a few sites like it, atomfilms is the largest I believe and our concept will be pretty similar.

Anyone have ideas about getting their name out there, ehat have you tried ??

•••
Originally posted by decker77
We were trying to think of cheap/inexpensive way to advretise. Like signs, window decals, and such at book stores, independent video stores and such locally. We don't want to do any pop-ups program since we find pop ups annoying :)
Right now its a hobby but it could be turned to a pay site pretty easily, but for now its a hobby.
We just liked the name RedFrogs, no real meaning, but a story of redfrogs will be added once the site gets updated next week.
There are a few sites like it, atomfilms is the largest I believe and our concept will be pretty similar.

Anyone have ideas about getting their name out there, ehat have you tried ??

That sounds like the expensive way to advertise if you ask me. Why don't you just find similar sites and ask them to link you? SEO your site if you havent already done so.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back