Domain Empire

Advantages of .online domains to end user -ranking?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
Hi guys,

I have larger set of .online domains in various languages, and I am about to approach various end users.

I would like to get some idea about this - do you think there is any sale pitch in regards of how good keyword .online domain can influence ranking in google search? (and therefore can save end user some costs related to adword campains).

Example : there are 1000 different eshops selling jewelry..some of them has "jewelry" in their domain name, some of them are brands (no connection to word jewelry whatsoever)...in case all sites are equally developed, will domain like jewelry.online has a competetive advantage over something like bestchicagojewelryjohnandmary.com? If that is the case, how exactly would you explain that to end user?

many thanks :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Check out Coffee.club SEO. He paid 100 K for the name and spending a lot more for seo and marketing. Its almost dead after all the effort. Anyone with half a brain would know new gtlds are bad for business, bad for trust factor, bad for ctr rate and bad for your health.
I'm not a SEO expert but I have made some basic scan of the site. There is still improvement possible:
Most Common Keywords Test
There is likely no optimal keyword density (search engine algorithms have evolved beyond keyword density metrics as a significant ranking factor). It can be useful, however, to note which keywords appear most often on your page and if they reflect the intended topic of your page. More importantly, the keywords on your page should appear within natural sounding and grammatically correct copy.
coffee - 40 times
club - 6 times
chemex - 6 times
fresh - 6 times
grounds - 5 times
Also I would recommend to the owner to integrate some blog or news page with short articles and outbound newsletter. Subscription option and shopoption could be better implemented at it is now.
It seems that search engine crawlers are blocked!?

•••
What u saying is complete nonsense, but I got better things to do. Good luck in trying to make newbies buy your crap new gtlds. I am out!

OK, if you say so ;) If anyone is interested and know how to check, please check if the info from my post is correct. Alexa rank of 100,000 or so can not represent small traffic :) You can also google for data world to see if you will have difficulties to find Data.world or it will be on the first position ;)

New gTLDs are not ideal because of the lack of general adoption and I prefer .coms, but are definitely good for SEO (of course, not any name). BTW, I regularly make sales of new gTLDs to end-users and dont need to push anyone on NP into buying them ;)

•••
SEO is a whole science. I am sure that more than 90% of this forum dont understand it fully, so how can we expect that end-users will? That is one of the problems with new gTLDs.
I have some great new gTLD domains and I sell them regularly for end-user prices, but of course I prefer .coms, like the rest of the world.

•••
Most normal endusers/companies are hiring webmasters/webstudios which are definitely understand SEO...

Regarding sales...
Yes, under $500 you may sell them regularly...
But really interesting sales are rare still... even after 3 years since the beginning of this story...

•••
Most normal endusers/companies are hiring webmasters/webstudios which are definitely understand SEO...

Actually their webmasters dont know much about SEO, I am wondering how they managed to sell their services at the first place. The truth is that many end-users arange the deal with me, and then switch to their IT guy or IT department. I have experienced so many times that their IT "experts" dont even know how will they accept the domain. I also get so many stupid questions from their IT "experts" that I can confidently say that the most of IT guys that work for my end-users have no clue about SEO.

Regarding sales...
Yes, under $500 you may sell them regularly...
But really interesting sales are rare still... even after 3 years since the beginning of this story...

I sell reg fee new gTLDs which are not marked as premiums for less than $500, regularly, but from time to time I make some really good sales of new gTLDs. The last one was for almost five figures, a two weeks ago (I had it less than a month), and I wanted the money so I accepted high four figures. Yesterday I regged one new gTLD for $6, sent four e-mails to 2 potential end-users, and still not confirmed, but it looks it will be a low $x,xxx sale.
I have one new gTLD which I took about a month ago and paid almost $500 for registration, but I am confident I will sell it for low five figures, probably during the next few months.

Yes, I often get the answer like: you mean Keyword.Keyword.com? when I offer Keyword.Keyword, but that is normal and I am fine with that as long as there are some people who are aware of new gTLDs and ready to buy them.

Ask people about Ethereum and about Bitcoin. The most will say they have never heard of Ethereum while will know for Bitcoin. Bitcoin will stay the king, at least for a while, but you can make money with Ethereum too ;) That is how I look on .coms (which I prefer, just as Bitcoin) and new gTLDs.

I dont recommend newbies to go for anything other than .com, but those of us who are experienced should not ignore new gTLDs as there is money to be made, especially if you dont mind to do outbound marketing.

But we hijacked this thread, sorry lolwarrior :)

•••
Read this article about SEO and gTLDS - www.thedna.org/resources/seo-study/

http://www.thedna.org/resources/infographics/

You should follow these premium brands online strategy by big companies in the world:
TOUREIFFEL.PARIS & EMIRATES.FLIGHTS

TourEiffel.com is directed to TourEiffel.Paris

TourEiffel.com ( Alexa rank 11,589,373 )

TourEiffel.Paris ( Alexa rank 93,877 ) - achieve higher ranking than .com

Secured Emirates.Flights and re-directed to EmiratesFlights.com

Domain Names Impact SEO (not just in the obvious way)
https://www.billionaire.property/si...-Names-Impact-SEO-not-just-in-the-obvious-way

Hidden Advantages of a Relevant Domain Name Extension gTLDs
https://www.billionaire.property/si...ges-of-a-Relevant-Domain-Name-Extension-gTLDs

While domains stand on equal ground when it comes to SEO performance, choosing a relevant extension can have potential advantages in helping to rank well for specific keywords,resulting in dollar saved on paid marketing.

Last edited:
•••
https://domainpunch.com/tlds/topgtlds.php
As of today (after ~3 years) just 1,938 nTLD-domains are producing traffic within TOP 100K... just under 2%...
And big part of them - via various spam techniques...
So more than 98% of endusers are still preferring traditional TLDs...

•••
https://domainpunch.com/tlds/topgtlds.php
As of today (after ~3 years) just 1,938 nTLD-domains are producing traffic within TOP 100K... just under 2%...
And big part of them - via various spam techniques...
So more than 98% of endusers are still preferring traditional TLDs...

Statistics, statistics, statistics, a fun for the people who are bored :) What if I ask what is the percentage of new GTLDs among the total number of domains in existance? What if I say that many .coms inside the Top 100k are also there because of some spam techniques? ;) Well, maybe then those 2% would look as a good result ;)

But I agree that end-users mostly prefer traditional TLDs, especially .com.

I would rather own RealEstate.com than Real.estate, no doubt in that, but only for SEO, real.estate would be at least equal.

Of course SEO is not the only factor which makes a domain valuable, and new gTLDs dont have the credibility and recognition that .coms have. That is also a fact.

I just want to say that we should not ignore new gTLDs and that we should educate ourselves so that we can be able to educate end-users. After all, we are sellers and we have to learn how to sell new gTLDs by pointing to their benefits that they certainly have.

Domain valuation is also something that many domainers dont understand. SEO possibilities is just one factor for a proper valuation and new gTLDs are equal to .coms in that. When it comes to credibility and some other factors, then the .coms are ahead, of course. Therefore it will not be the same price for RealEstate.com and Real.estate.

•••
Of course SEO is not the only factor which makes a domain valuable, and new gTLDs dont have the credibility and recognition that .coms have. That is also a fact.

Regarding SEO, the tld doesn't matter. Names like real.estate and car.rentals aren't being developed b/c the registry renewal fees are outrageous. And apparently, registrars like Uniregistry have no compulsion increasing registration fees by two or three hundred percent.

Last edited:
•••

Four and five figure renewal fees are a problem. WTF donuts?

•••
New gtlds have huge disadvantage of getting links and suffer in seo because of it.

This is just an assumption.

New gtlds names are brand new and have little age on them also hurts seo. new gtlds are much INFERIOR for seo purposes. Its clearly stated by google and facts.

Every newly registered name has the same problem. I haven't seen any statements by Google saying new gtld's are inferior.

•••
This is just an assumption.

Every newly registered name has the same problem. I haven't seen any statements by Google saying new gtld's are inferior.
Logic has left the room with you man. Obviously You can buy dot coms that are aged and cant buy new gtlds with age. If you do not understand it, u should probably not do domaining as a hobby.

•••
Logic has left the room with you man. Obviously You can buy dot coms that are aged and cant buy new gtlds with age. If you do not understand it, u should probably not do domaining as a hobby.

Look, I'm just pointing out that new GTLD's are not any different for SEO than a new .com.

You have a bad habit of using insults when the facts don't support your assumptions.

•••
After all, we are sellers and we have to learn how to sell new gTLDs by pointing to their benefits that they certainly have.
I have experience with hundreds nTLD-domains per last 3 years, incl. .online
And results are very very weak... even comparing to low-demand .info and .biz

But definitely, if you have time and health to do outbound - your results will be better...

•••
I have experience with hundreds nTLD-domains per last 3 years, incl. .online
And results are very very weak... even comparing to low-demand .info and .biz

But definitely, if you have time and health to do outbound - your results will be better...

I have a few one-word gtld and have had zero offers.

•••
Look, I'm just pointing out that new GTLD's are not any different for SEO than a new .com.

You have a bad habit of using insults when the facts don't support your assumptions.
I am sorry to say it but u have no logic. I just explained to u that aged domains are better for seo and only dot coms could be aged. You been on this forum since 2003 and still do not own one quality name. Its not an insult, its just the fact.

•••
I am sorry to say it but u have no logic. I just explained to u that aged domains are better for seo and only dot coms could be aged. You been on this forum since 2003 and still do not own one quality name. Its not an insult, its just the fact.

You need to look up the word fact

Last edited:
•••
•••
You need to look up the word fact b/c I don't think you know what it means.
I wish you luck in domaining. No hard feelings on my end. I just do not want newbies to get sucked into new gtlds to lose money. Its your money you can spend it anyway you want.

•••
I wish you luck in domaining. No hard feelings on my end. I just do not want newbies to get sucked into new gtlds to lose money. Its your money you can spend it anyway you want.

We all appreciate your concern

•••

When it comes to selling new gTLDs, that is the key, yes. I am not sure if I get any offer through Sedo or Afternic for my new gTLDs, but I had many sales because I do outbound marketing when am in a mood.

•••

Based on all ur comments on this thread, Your SEO knowledge is pretty much pre-panda/penguin/hummingbird/pigeon

•••
I don't use Sedo and Afternic at all...
Lack of endusers even to send the simple message via Contact/Sale Form... without any registration and obligations...
And traffic on them is also 0 or slightly higher...
So per last 3 years my nTLD-results are: ~5 inquiries and 1 sale ($850).

So I'm more focusing on .PRO...
Where I receive a few inquiries monthly... up to $10K per domain...

Last edited:
•••
Based on all ur comments on this thread, Your SEO knowledge is pretty much pre-panda/penguin/hummingbird/pigeon
Do u have any website with SEO traffic? I bet u don't. You cant comment anything on SEO unless u do SEO even on amateur level.

•••
I don't use Sedo and Afternic at all...
Lack of endusers even to send the simple message via Contact/Sale Form... without any registration and obligations...
And traffic on them is also 0 or slightly higher...
So per last 3 years my nTLD-results are: ~5 inquiries and 1 sale ($850).

So I'm more focusing on .PRO...
Where I receive a few inquiries monthly... up to $10K per domain...
You have one sale in 3 years, but u do not accept 10K offers per domain?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back