IT.COM

AdSense Banned From purchased expired domain - How to lift ban, please help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi guys,

ive recently developed a website which was an expired domain, but when it came to monetizing the site with some adsense. My ads did not come up. the site complies with googles TOS including the private policy.

i have not been banned from adsense because i still have adsense displaying on my other sites and i can still login to my account.

i also did a test to see if adsense ads will appear if i created new ads and added them to one of my other sites to see if it still works and it did.

my question is can google put a ban on adsense for a particular domain and also if they have how can i lift this banned so i can monetize on my hard work??

thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Google does ban domains and they don't automatically lift the ban when the whois info changes because they have no way of knowing if it's the same owner just giving different information. It's a risk you face when you register a domain with a past life.

Try to contact Google support, find some other way to monetize the domain or put the site on a different domain.

You could also try searching and/or asking in the Adsense forum.

If you're going to try to contact Google, first go over the Adsense program policies word by word and make sure your site is following every one of them.

Last edited:
•••
You need to be careful these days on where to use your adsense account. General guidence is that never use adsense on new or little content websites. Many sites are getting banned these days. Explaining Adsense support team about this issue politely will help you get lift the ban, besides oif you have no done it intentionally they'll lift you for sure.

•••
banned domain is just a waste. ask refund. the old owner cheated you in this case.

Google does ban domains and they don't automatically lift the ban when the whois info changes because they have no way of knowing if it's the same owner just giving different information. It's a risk you face when you register a domain with a past life.

Try to contact Google support, find some other way to monetize the domain or put the site on a different domain.

You could also try searching and/or asking in the Adsense forum.

If you're going to try to contact Google, first go over the Adsense program policies word by word and make sure your site is following every one of them.
they wont listen :cy:
my question is can google put a ban on adsense for a particular domain and also if they have how can i lift this banned so i can monetize on my hard work??
yes they can ban only particular domain.

•••
well there are many good bloggers domain are banned because of their activity found suspicious but on flippa those domains are sold for higher cost. Sometimes Adsense Bans at false alarm, so it's not that they can't listen they can and you can even ask them to allow adsense once you purchase that domain. I hope it works that way.

•••
no problem....it has happened to me..just email google and inform them of change of ownership and the ban probably will be lifted within 48 hours....no drama's

Cheers
Corey

•••
Hey corey,

sorry im a little new to this, which email address do i email to and which department if any?

thanks

•••
contact support within your adsense account

Cheers
Corey

•••
hey corey,

its been over a week now and the only thing i got back from google adsense support was a thank you email for submitting a support query and to fill out a customer satisfaction form. which i did not put down anything good.

i think i might need to try again

•••
I believe you'll need to go into Google Webmaster Tools and claim ownership of the website.

:notme:

•••
hey corey,

its been over a week now and the only thing i got back from google adsense support was a thank you email for submitting a support query and to fill out a customer satisfaction form. which i did not put down anything good.

i think i might need to try again

Adsense doesn't reply to all mails. You need to check your site by adding ads.

•••
ive claimed and verified the site is mine with google webmaster tools, and also have put adsense code on the site. both with no luck.

what is going on, any other suggestions guys?

•••
If your site meets all their program policies and you've verified it in webmaster tools, there's nothing more you can do without their intervention.

As I said in an earlier post, try to contact support. If you can't, the domain is useless as far as adsense is concerned - you'll need to find a different way to monetize it or scrap it and use a different domain.

•••
do you have a privacy policy?
what is the url?

Cheers
Corey

•••
Domain probably banned by AdSense coz something which previous owner had done. AdSense is notoriously slow to reply for their support requests. If you post a link I guess we can see if there anything wrong in your site.

•••
Hi eveyone,

with a lot of thought i've decided to cut my losses and park the domain instead. its been wasting my time and im losing out on the expired traffic anyway. i tried to monetize with adbrite(which im a noob to) which was unsuccessful in giving me relevant ads. google adsense support takes too long and i might as well start again on a brand new domain since ive already paid for the written content.

thanks everyone for your help

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back