Dynadot

Ads and job board on a .org?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is that allowable?

I want a .org to cover everything about a niche, but I'll also have a job board that will be paying me for clicks, and I'd like to use Adsense on my site as well if possible.

Should I just use the .net or a .us? The .com is taken, I think the .org fits a little better, but whatever. Most of the searches come from the United States, but not all, so that's the .us suggestion.

I'd just like to be able to integrate Adsense and that job board. Also, if possible, an Amazon widget (this would also pay me - you know).

It won't be spammy, I'm not trying to make money, just want the site to pull in what it can while I publish content I enjoy anyway for a specific group of people.

Thanks for any advice!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes it's "allowed" - and a perfect example of how to use a .org domain.

Good luck with it.

•••
use the .net.

.org doesnt sound/go well with moneytizing/earning.

•••
Usually I would go with a .net over a .org. But in your case it may depend on the type of job listings. If your board's niche is targetted towards jobs for non-profits and the chartiable sector, than a .org might be a good fit.

•••
brand .net and keep .org as well IMO redirected to .net site :)

•••
Agreed

brand .net and keep .org as well IMO redirected to .net site :)

This is Good Advice,

It is always advantageous to get the top extensions when developing a domain name. I would develop the .net, depending on the niche. Both .org and .net seem to rank (about)the same with big G.

•••
Thanks, guys. I'm thinking about the .net. I'm thinking I'm on page 2. If you're curious - UAVpilot.org

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back