Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Right....

I am fuming at the moment and seriously considering leaving Namepros........

Was involved in an auction and it has turned into an absolute joke please see below the details of it

https://www.namepros.com/threads/uxvr-com-start-from-0.1157229/page-5#post-7426751

Basically been accused of shill bidding and the person who started the auction is bloody clueless

I have requested a full retraction and an apology from @dhyinc who has accused me of this,If this is not done I will be leaving Namepros.

Some of my language in the auction thread is not good, heat of the moment etc but I am not going to be accused of something and let it go......You should be allowed to make accusations without anything to back it up.

@Eric Lyon this mess needs sorting out ASAP.....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That auction seems like a massive clusterf@ck.

Brad

•••
•••
Well I just posted there

People need to calm down, first off, secondly Omelet did you originally have this as a 24 hour auction? Then make it 24 hours after last bid?

You said two different things

Going on a 24hrs quick auction. *This is at the top*

Starting bid: $0
Bid increment: $1 or more

BB listed price = around $7000
Please also send me your BB email so I can push the domain to your BB account

Creation Date: June 27, 2007
Expiry Date: June 27, 2020

Registrar: Uniregistry

Transfer: Uniregistry push/ Auth code

Payment: Paypal

Auction ends 24hrs after the last bid, THEN YOU SAID THIS or BIN price $1600 reached.

Bids cannot be retracted, you get banned from the marketplace if you do that.

To be fair, when Mia7 bid Omelet should have contacted a mod right away and not disavowed their bid, the thread starter doesn't have that right, unless they started the auction saying these people can't bid, (Yes anyone has the right to ban someone from their auctions, but it must be posted upfront).

The mods are going to need to rule here but bids cannot be disavowed or retracted by members on their own without getting restricted from the marketplace.

I did not see how Mr Acidic shilled? Not everyone just bids $1 up, if I want a name I will always push it, you bid $1, I will bid $5, $10, let's get the min bidders out as fast possible, establish a price where I want the name, if the name goes higher than I think valued, then I am out. But I see this mentioned from time to time, "Oh something is wrong, this person bid $10 instead of $1" Yeah they value the name more than you do and $9 is not going to wreck their value proposition.

Last edited:
•••
I mean it is obvious you were not shill bidding.

As you said in the thread -

WTF - This auction has turned into a joke - Bids all over the place, no BIN bid confirmed and bidders not having a clue what they are doing.....

My last and final bid was $600 - you can sort the mess out created with the other 2 bidders.......

That auction thread is a joke. No one has any clue what is going on, bids all over the place, stupid accusations.

Brad

•••
I mean it is obvious you were not shill bidding.

As you said in the thread -

That auction thread is a joke. No one has any clue what is going on, bids all over the place, stupid accusations.

Brad

Exactly Brad because the OP did not know what they were doing, I don't know nothing about Mia7 but Omelet needed to call a mod, post hold all bids, he disavowed a $550 bid pulled back to $407 they can't do that.

•••
Well I just posted there

People need to calm down, first off, secondly Omelet did you originally have this as a 24 hour auction? Then make it 24 hours after last bid?

Auction ends 24hrs after the last bid, THEN YOU SAID THIS or BIN price $1600 reached.

To be fair, when Mia7 bid Omelet should have contacted a mod right away and not disavowed their bid, the thread starter doesn't have that right, unless they started the auction saying these people can't bid, (Yes anyone has the right to ban someone from their auctions, but it must be posted upfront).

The mods are going to need to rule here but bids cannot be disavowed or retracted by members on their own without getting restricted from the marketplace.

I did not see how Mr Acidic shilled? Not everyone just bids $1 up, if I want a name I will always push it, you bid $1, I will bid $5, $10, let's get the min bidders out as fast possible, establish a price where I want the name, if the name goes higher than I think valued, then I am out. But I see this mentioned from time to time, "Oh something is wrong, this person bid $10 instead of $1" Yeah they value the name more than you do and $9 is not going to wreck their value proposition.
Out walking the dog now, so will be calming down.

My standpoint will remain unchanged though

•••
What a mess ... I'm sure I could make more than the value of the domain in popcorn sales alone by the time all this settles.

It really does not help that the person starting the auction said 24 hours at top .. then 24 hours after last bid (admittedly BOTH or either could have been edited after it started). But then stated a few times in the thread a specific number of hours to go that did not match up with 24 hours after the previously valid bid.

@MrAcidic .. from what I see, you didn't do anything wrong .. the only thing you did was make things a bit more confusing by taking back your previous bids ... when in fact, you didn't even have to say that, the only bid that's ever valid or binding is the last one. Any bid prior to the highest one is never binding (although you most certainly could have had the option to getting it at your last valid bid if there was fraud involved or the winner failed to pay).

Have a good walk! :)

•••
Out walking the dog now, so will be calming down.

My standpoint will remain unchanged though

I modded that section for many years, I would imagine @Eric Lyon or @Mod Team Alfa is going to ask you do you want to retract your bids and be banned from the marketplace? Or keep them, delete all the off topic rants from everyone, and restart the auction and have it start from his post, with either the auction ends 24 hours after he posts, or if there are more bids it's business as usual and ends 24 hours after the last bid.

•••
What a mess ... I'm sure I could make more than the value of the domain in popcorn sales alone by the time all this settles.

It really does not help that the person starting the auction said 24 hours at top .. then 24 hours after last bid (admittedly BOTH or either could have been edited after it started). But then stated a few times in the thread a specific number of hours to go that did not match up with 24 hours after the previously valid bid.

I agree 100% this 24 hours at the top looks wrong, now if they edited it to 24 hours after last bid the mods can see all edit changes and it will either be 24 hours if that was what was first there or if he did write both 24 hours after last bid will probably stay.

•••

@MrAcidic .. from what I see, you didn't do anything wrong .. the only thing you did was make things a bit more confusing by taking back your previous bids ... when in fact, you didn't even have to say that, the only bid that's ever valid or binding is the last one. Any bid prior to the highest one is never binding (although you most certainly could have had the option to getting it at your last valid bid if there was fraud involved or the winner failed to pay).

Have a good walk! :)
Thanks...

Yeah good point once that 601 bid came in I was out, should of 🤐

•••
I modded that section for many years, I would imagine @Eric Lyon or @Mod Team Alfa is going to ask you do you want to retract your bids and be banned from the marketplace? Or keep them, delete all the off topic rants from everyone, and restart the auction and have it start from his post, with either the auction ends 24 hours after he posts, or if there are more bids it's business as usual and ends 24 hours after the last bid.
The bids where retracted for a reason, the rules might say I cant do it but it was to protect myself from any potential foul play. Now I know not to this in the future it wont happen again

Happy to have all rants deleted, I should not of engaged in it, but still want an apology and will not be bidding on any of his/her names again

•••
The bids where retracted for a reason, the rules might say I cant do it but it was to protect myself from any potential foul play. Now I know not to this in the future it wont happen again

Happy to have all rants deleted, I should not of engaged in it, but still want an apology and will not be bidding on any of his/her names again

Oh I understand and while we don't know one another personally I have seen you here a lot and didn't want to see you make a move that hurts yourself. Plus bids can't be retracted, the mods just go and put it back, people sometimes when they have time to edit, will just delete and place a . the auctioneer just reports that and the mods put that bid back in.

•••
Oh I understand and while we don't know one another personally I have seen you here a lot and didn't want to see you make a move that hurts yourself. Plus bids can't be retracted, the mods just go and put it back, people sometimes when they have time to edit, will just delete and place a . the auctioneer just reports that and the mods put that bid back in.
I appreciate it - Thanks

•••
Auctions here are always confusing some crazy ending times 120 hours away after last etc who would remember that 10 years ago they made a bid and rest died.

Total mess to be honest.. Always keep it civil repeat yourself rather than curse.

Last edited:
•••
Auctions here are always confusing some crazy ending times 120 hours away after last etc who would remember that 10 years ago they made a bid and rest died.

Total mess to be honest.. Always keep it civil repeat yourself rather than curse.
You have completely got it wrong....it was not about the auction it was the accusation that piss*d me off.

Auctions on here are not always crazy, the ones I have been involved with (win or lose) have been well managed with very clear instructions, up until this one. When I have won the transactions have gone through smoothly and there has been no problems.

But when it comes it to questioning someones character and accusing them of lying or fraudulent behaviour without any evidence that is wrong and should be called out, which I have done.

That is what made me angry and is when the swearing from me started, it was not because the auction was a complete mess.

I am sticking to guns on this, if I do not get a public apology from him I will be leaving this forum. I am not going to be a part of a community where slandering someone without any shred of proof is acceptable behaviour.

To be honest I am not holding my breath, someone who says things like that has shown their own character, He has been tagged into this thread by me right at the beginning and has not had the balls, grace whatever you want to call it to respond.....

After thinking about it for a bit I am not that bothered if I leave.....I can continue making my own way with or without Namepros......

•••
Well I just posted there

Let me share little inside how it actually started.

I was bidding on auction. One of my close friend shared some suspicious activity done with same name in 2017. So I stopped bidding. Did some investigation. My other friend shared some screenshot with seller.

Let me share more details below.

• I was about to ask Moderator. Personally I do not like to participate in anything where there is clear case of some suspicious activity going on. I move in different direction.
  • I got notification about the thread
  • I checked the thread. Seller posted last 3 hours. $407 next bid still good range to move forward if auction is legit. But because my friend shared other side of the story so I did not placed bid.
  • Then I got another notification where @mia7 placed $550 instead of $407 bid. I know it is normal.
  • But I thought something is not real and at same time my other friend told me this is same guy who won auction in 2017.
  • Then again I did little study on who is this @mia7 and I found out last time he was active in 2017. No any other action and suddenly he pop up and placed very high bid $550. Here I thought this really a shill bidding. Moderator need to find out what is relation between @omelet and @mia7 because why Auction winner from 2017 never got the name. Nobody left any feedback to each other. Been silent since then and again pop up for same auction in 2019 from nowhere with fake bid.
  • Now let me share what happened in background and why @omelet declared bid from @mia7 removed.
  • I do not like to malign anybody's image in public without any solid proof on hand. So I contacted @omelet in private conversation and asked few questions about @mia7 and why he was allowed now and what happened in 2017??
  • @omelet continue post in thread and ignored my message completely. I PM him again to please respond or I will contact moderator for suspicious activity.
  • I even shared his thread from 2017 which I am sharing again here. https://www.namepros.com/threads/sold.1033536/#post-6301552
  • Then he only responded with "Thanks" and declared "Removing Bid from @mia7 "
  • Now here again @mia7 never came back and said even single word why his bid was removed or anything. Plus @omelet never shared what happened to 2017 auction?? He never shared what was the deal between him and Mia7 ... Look at here last time @mia7 was active on Namepros in 2017 when previous auction going on . https://www.namepros.com/search/40375635/

So basically this is how the entire episode started. Still lots of questions unanswered by seller @omelet . Only @Omelete @mia7 and Moderator can throw some light here.

I am not accusing anyone here. I am bringing some concerns here in front of other friends. So we all can be aware of what is going on. I would like to see transparent business practice here on Namepros where people can trust each other and do business with right ethics and morality.

Just sharing as good friend. If moderator says everything is fine then let it be. But I can see different picture here for sure. At least I am won't participate again in such auction where something suspicious things going on.

Thanks

•••
Yeh Acidic don't make yourself or everyone else pay (we will pay by your loss, because you're an asset to us and NP) just because some ignoramus doesn't understand auction civility or rules. I mean no one will be able to force him to apologize, and only he can come to his senses himself. You're better than that, and we all know this. The auction itself is clear in regards to bid proceedings.

Obviously the auction got heated and all got excited with an opportunity to win a name far below MV, things were said in heat of moment. But when you have a bad foundation, the rest of building will soon crumble. In this case, Equity's post summed it up, you can't have both a 24 hour limit auction AND an auction that ends 24 hours after last bid, these are two completely different auctions. So on that basis the auction was faulty to begin with, this should have been rectified first. I think really this nulls and voids the entire auction.

Anyhow don't leave brother, I think we're all rooting for ya.

•••
No shill bidding imo @MrAcidic on your part
I see the bin was lowered to $750 in thread, but not in opening post. looks fishy with mia7 winning name previously
Have to take screenshots of auctions when they first start these days i suppose.
Ethics and morality like the old days would be wonderful.

•••
first off, 24hrs after last bid means MrAcidic is the winner. Second, MrAcidic is an outstanding nameproser. If anything should be done, it should be exonerate MrAcidic from wrongdoings and hand the domain over to him with price given. ty.

•••
im realizing the op mentioned a quick 24hour auction but went into details at the bottom of the auction with 24hrs after last bid. So do we judge a book half way thru or after we have read the whole thing? Exactly.

MrAcidic, Today at 1:36 AM bid

Auction started yesterday 1:36AM

24hrs, if it had been 1:37AM then mracidic would not have won on just reading the top of the auction details. Now everybody could've won or nobody since the details state that auction is over 24hrs after last bid. So it should've been open for another day from MrAcidics bid.

ty

•••
Thanks guys - I do want this thread turning into some kind of we don't want you leave love in, so please refrain from posting it (meant in a nice way :xf.smile:)

I just responded to a DM with the below which sums it up for me.....

"I do not like it when my character is questioned, you build an honest reputation by doing what is right, you admit your mistakes, pay what is due on time, transfer names in a timely fashion etc and when that is brought into doubt then it sucks and I do not need to be around it."

@MasterOfMyDomains I did a post last October (https://www.namepros.com/threads/12-ethical-principles-for-business-executives.1104870/) on how people should treat other. I feel very strongly about this and have used the ignore feature a few times now with certain people who can't understand that it is OK to disagree.

We will not all agree on things, that is cool and I have no problem with that, I still respond to people I don't agree with as it done in a professional manner. Personal attacks and questioning peoples integrity with no proof are no go areas in my book and I will not tolerate it...

@Ategy.com - The auction as anyone agrees by the look of it was a mess, that can be dealt with...I used language that was uncalled for, but I did resort to throwing accusations at people without proof .

@The Durfer I thought the auction ended 24 hours after the last bid, when another bid came in at $601 I thought to protect myself and retract all my bids not realising I could not do this. As mentioned earlier in this thread by @Ategy.com I did not need to do this as the auction would of continued or the madness would not have involved me! The auction mess will be resolved by the mods....

•••
Auction Overview:

The original listing, prior to any edits, always had the following end time: Auction ends 24hrs after the last bid

There is no rule violation related to the reported end time, as it was never changed.

The previous auction for the same domain by the same member was from back in 2017. Where @mia7 won the auction. It's unfortunate, however, mia7 never paid for the auction, nor did they make any attempts to communicate with the seller to facilitate the transaction.

The incident was not reported by either party.

mia7 will be receiving an infraction for their failure to honor a binding bid agreement, which was a rule violation.

As for bid removals/retractions, all bids are binding agreements and may not be retracted. @mia7 and @MrAcidic bids are still valid/binding. If either member should win and fails to honor the bid agreement a moderator will get involved for mediation and to enforce the rules, if necessary.

Due to the disruption of the auction with numerous comments, the 24 hours after last bid end time has started over from the time of this post.

The auction for UXVR.com will end 24 hours after this post if there are no subsequent bids or it will end 24 hours after the last bid that comes after this post. As always, this auction may end earlier if a Buy-It-Now price is offered and accepted according to the rules.

The current high bidder is @dhyinc with a $601 bid.

•••
Had enough of your nonsense and trying to be a whining victim with some supporters...forget balls, etc...you are a scammer and tried to get away from the winning bid...now, you can continue crying...
LOL - he finally shows his face with absolutely no repentance (as I thought you would)

You have provided no evidence whatsoever of me being a scammer and continue to accuse me of it - show me the proof

@NamePros
@Eric Lyon
@Mod Team Echo

The above need to do something about this......you either ban this guy for slandering me, provide evidence that I tried to scam the system or get him to apologise to me or I leave and you are welcome to him

It is very simple you either allow poisonous, slanderous comments on this forum or take a stand against it.....

•••
Dude, you tried to take back your bids and you have broken the rules and anyways, must be banned...forget leaving by yourself

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back