Dynadot

status-resolved Shill Bidding On Forums

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Take a look at the auction thread for IQTT and PFAN.

Two decent 4L's are being auctioned off in the forum ; $500 and $570 respectively.

That is until another user, with minimal activity, made the following bids :
PFAN $600, IQTT $550.

Upon further inspection, it looks like the account that placed that bid has not been active in 4 months, they have bid on a total of 7 auctions ever, 4 out of 7 were posted by OP.

What is your take on this? A coincidental alignment of seller and buyer, or shill bidding at it's finest. Do you think that this happens often?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Shilling is rampant. I see it all the time between specific groups of friends. They always bid on each other's and never win. Hmmmm....
yes,before i was overbidding many times and later someone inside told me they are a group.
you can see the same domains are auctioned very often and so frequently.
i will not mention where they are from to avoid any prejudice,but i guess many of you know.
after that i almost lost interest in auctions.

•••
There are still ways to detect true I.P's using proxies.
This is only true in circumstances where the proxy chooses to reveal their real IP in the request headers; those are not anonymous proxies, hence the name.

Many places have banned the use of proxies but NP allows them which allows members to create several accounts each.
Have you read our Terms of Service?

You agree not to use Tor, a VPN, SOCKS, or any other proxying mechanism ("proxy") that masks your computer's identity on the Internet ("IP address") unless such a proxy is necessary to access the Service.
Read more...

Furthermore, we have many prevention mechanisms in place that make it impossible for most proxies to be used on NamePros that we built from scratch, but it's impossible to block them all.

•••
i can understand.NP is doing pretty good,i think.
just as an old chinese saying:While the priest climbs a foot, the devil climbs ten

•••
We were told, if you have any doubts, dont bid.
I will never bid on a name here, and i can go buy 100 names with no money in my pp, as they take it from a bank account. I could flip them for half, the pp comes back nsf your names go poof and so do i.
If i can do it anyone can
And yes the mods work hard but if the city gets bigger you hire more police.
We know who to trust, and its not the numerous duplicate accounts here on np. Evidence, haha. Even when there is evidence in this world,
There is no conviction.
Feel sorry for the honest newbies here.

•••
Is this enough Eric?

The Seller and high bidder are the same person!

The high bidder has the same username as the sellers company?

Contact Information
kapama_iconu.png

Rj Management Group, LLC
2825 N Ricardo
Mesa, AZ 85215
Title:
Phone: 313-999-4957
Rj Management Group, LLC is the only company located at 2825 N Ricardo, Mesa, AZ 85215

http://www.buzzfile.com/business/Rj-Management-Group,-LLC-313-999-4957

Last edited:
•••
Can you please provide proof of that claim? Our system is pretty accurate in detecting alter egos. With the occasional one that may slip though, but eventually gets caught. In this situation no duplicate accounts or alter egos were detected.

You may not be aware but we actively shut down duplicate alter egos daily. There has been some instances where we catch double digits in a day. But again, our system normally catches 95% of duplicate alter egos immediately.

Like with anything, it's not perfect and sometimes one may slip through the cracks temporarily. You can be rest assured though that eventually they get too comfortable and make mistakes that give them away. At which time, we take action.

Thanks for understanding,

I just did, now what?

•••
Is this enough Eric?

Contact Information
kapama_iconu.png

Rj Management Group, LLC
2825 N Ricardo
Mesa, AZ 85215
Title:
Rj Management Group, LLC is the only company located at 2825 N Ricardo, Mesa, AZ 85215

That appears to be the bidders information. The sellers name is: Richard Mathew. Just because they have the same first name doesn't make them the same person. Granted, one of the whois does have Richard Tarjeft listed, the one that hasn't updated (supposedly). All the other domains in the sellers signature are for: Richard Mathew.

I'll look more into this new information to see if anything else matches up.

Thanks,

•••
Is this enough Eric?

The high bidder has the same username as the sellers company?

Contact Information
kapama_iconu.png

Rj Management Group, LLC
2825 N Ricardo
Mesa, AZ 85215
Title:

A huge coincidence. I would say they are from the same office. Without a doubt.

•••
Thant appears to be the bidders information. The sellers name is: Richard Mathew. Just because they have the same first name doesn't make them the same person. Granted, one of the whois does have Richard Tarjeft listed, the one that hasn't updated (supposedly). All the other domains in the sellers signature are for: Richard Mathew.

Thanks,
The Whois on Iqtt.com
says Richard Tarjeft you better check!!!

•••
I am just getting my gf to get her godaddy account working again.
Score some .99 names.
Maybe she should open an account here. Nothing wrong there.
Login only at macdonalds, make a few small buys. Cover my a$$ in case Developing.xyz flops at auction ;)
Soon we will here that there has been an infraction, one acct closed and Resolved followed by

•••
The Whois on Iqtt.com
says Richard Tarjeft you better check!!!
That's the bidders name not the sellers name.

Still looking

Thanks

•••
Have you read our Terms of Service?

If everyone abided by the TOS we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Furthermore, we have many prevention mechanisms in place that make it impossible for "most" proxies to be used on NamePros that we built from scratch, but it's impossible to block them all.

Every time you build something someone will come along and build something to work around it...

Don't get me wrong Eric,
I love this site and I'm a daily user of it but there are ways to work around IP's which I can describe here which I'm not but if you're willing to allow me I can show you as long as this account isn't penalized???

•••
Eric, I rest my case you can face off with the people that bid on the auction.

It is all there in black and white, have a nice night!

•••
•••
"Richard Mathew" and "Richard Tarjeft" showing up on same Whois for BHK.io

http://nic.io/go/whois/bhk.io

(scroll down to Billing contact to see "Tarjeft")

Nice catch on this one @DomainVP

•••
That appears to be the bidders information. The sellers name is: Richard Mathew. Just because they have the same first name doesn't make them the same person. Granted, one of the whois does have Richard Tarjeft listed, the one that hasn't updated (supposedly). All the other domains in the sellers signature are for: Richard Mathew.

Thanks,
Check LinkedIn for R-i-c-h-a-r-d T-a-r-j-e-f-t (without dashes) owner and operator of US MLM Leads same as his username from Phoenix AZ

•••
Entire thread is very interesting to me.
The number of detectives on this forum I did not know.

•••
•••
•••
Please bear with us as we work more on this situation. We now have multiple members of the team investigating the matter to make sure that all our research is double checked.

Thank you for your patience,

•••
•••
Update:

The duplicate account has now been closed and the seller's marketplace access has been revoked.

Thank you to everyone who helped contribute to the investigation, especially @wwwweb for providing additional research.

One of the benefits of showing usernames and having a completely transparent marketplace is that buyers and sellers can make observations, study behavior, research, report potential fraud, and make informed decisions.

We will continue working on solutions to help combat all types of fraud, but nothing can compare to the community helping. :)

If you have ideas on how to help prevent it, please let us know. Your ideas could help us stop even more than we already do.

Thanks.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back