Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Right....

I am fuming at the moment and seriously considering leaving Namepros........

Was involved in an auction and it has turned into an absolute joke please see below the details of it

https://www.namepros.com/threads/uxvr-com-start-from-0.1157229/page-5#post-7426751

Basically been accused of shill bidding and the person who started the auction is bloody clueless

I have requested a full retraction and an apology from @dhyinc who has accused me of this,If this is not done I will be leaving Namepros.

Some of my language in the auction thread is not good, heat of the moment etc but I am not going to be accused of something and let it go......You should be allowed to make accusations without anything to back it up.

@Eric Lyon this mess needs sorting out ASAP.....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dude, you tried to take back your bids and you have broken the rules and anyways, must be banned...forget leaving by yourself
My foul language? I told you to basically do one for accusing me of cheating with no proof to back it up....provide proof......the saying "put up or shut up" springs to mind.......

I have already made it clear it this thread that my language was unacceptable, more than be said of you - someone who can not admit they are wrong has to take a closer look at themselves.

Anyway I am done with you, will not be responding to anymore of your delusional rants

•••
proof? you tried to retract bids and thats proof enough...ignored from here on

•••
Auction Overview:

The original listing, prior to any edits, always had the following end time: Auction ends 24hrs after the last bid

There is no rule violation related to the reported end time, as it was never changed.

The previous auction for the same domain by the same member was from back in 2017. Where @mia7 won the auction. It's unfortunate, however, mia7 never paid for the auction, nor did they make any attempts to communicate with the seller to facilitate the transaction.

The incident was not reported by either party.

mia7 will be receiving an infraction for their failure to honor a binding bid agreement, which was a rule violation.

As for bid removals/retractions, all bids are binding agreements and may not be retracted. @mia7 and @MrAcidic bids are still valid/binding. If either member should win and fails to honor the bid agreement a moderator will get involved for mediation and to enforce the rules, if necessary.

Due to the disruption of the auction with numerous comments, the 24 hours after last bid end time has started over from the time of this post.

The auction for UXVR.com will end 24 hours after this post if there are no subsequent bids or it will end 24 hours after the last bid that comes after this post. As always, this auction may end earlier if a Buy-It-Now price is offered and accepted according to the rules.

The current high bidder is @dhyinc with a $601 bid.
I am done with this forum -bids are still continuing on that auction, at the current time of writing is was at $603 so my last bid has been made redundant...

•••
Peace out people

I am done, gone and leaving this place - GL to all the friendly people on here.....

•••
proof? you tried to retract bids and thats proof enough...ignored from here on
The problem with your arguments is that his bids were not active at the time he withdrew them.

Of course he can't withdraw an active bid .. but at the time your $601 bid was active, thus making all bids before it non-binding .. so effectively his $600 bid was only valid for one minute until you outbid him.

He withdrew his non-active bids so that in the case the winner defaulted on their payment, it was made clear that he no-longer wanted the domain .. which is his right AS LONG AS his bid was not binding .. which clearly it wasn't because you outbid him a minute later (both bids were $600 @ 24:00 and $601 @ 24:01 after the auction started, so weren't going to be valid if the auction was judged to be a 24 hour auction as the last bid would have needed to be 23:59 after the auction start, and 24:00 would have been seconds too late).

Also .. from all the confusion caused by the title and first post in the listing, you really can't blame anyone for being frustrated. The auction starter also compounded the confusion by making updates along the way based on the 24 hour total time and not 24 hours since last bid.

In the end @MrAcidic technically didn't do anything wrong in any way.

If he tried to take back his last bid while it was the highest bid, then that would have been a different story. But that clearly wasn't the case .. and in fact it was you that outbid him a minute after he bid.

Last edited:
•••
Who bid what when where, let me understand ...

•••
if it had been a 24 hrs auction only, then he was the winner....not me. thats why his retraction was surprising...

•••
Let me share little inside how it actually started.

I was bidding on auction. One of my close friend shared some suspicious activity done with same name in 2017. So I stopped bidding. Did some investigation. My other friend shared some screenshot with seller.

Let me share more details below.

• I was about to ask Moderator. Personally I do not like to participate in anything where there is clear case of some suspicious activity going on. I move in different direction.
  • I got notification about the thread
  • I checked the thread. Seller posted last 3 hours. $407 next bid still good range to move forward if auction is legit. But because my friend shared other side of the story so I did not placed bid.
  • Then I got another notification where @mia7 placed $550 instead of $407 bid. I know it is normal.
  • But I thought something is not real and at same time my other friend told me this is same guy who won auction in 2017.
  • Then again I did little study on who is this @mia7 and I found out last time he was active in 2017. No any other action and suddenly he pop up and placed very high bid $550. Here I thought this really a shill bidding. Moderator need to find out what is relation between @omelet and @mia7 because why Auction winner from 2017 never got the name. Nobody left any feedback to each other. Been silent since then and again pop up for same auction in 2019 from nowhere with fake bid.
  • Now let me share what happened in background and why @omelet declared bid from @mia7 removed.
  • I do not like to malign anybody's image in public without any solid proof on hand. So I contacted @omelet in private conversation and asked few questions about @mia7 and why he was allowed now and what happened in 2017??
  • @omelet continue post in thread and ignored my message completely. I PM him again to please respond or I will contact moderator for suspicious activity.
  • I even shared his thread from 2017 which I am sharing again here. https://www.namepros.com/threads/sold.1033536/#post-6301552
  • Then he only responded with "Thanks" and declared "Removing Bid from @mia7 "
  • Now here again @mia7 never came back and said even single word why his bid was removed or anything. Plus @omelet never shared what happened to 2017 auction?? He never shared what was the deal between him and Mia7 ... Look at here last time @mia7 was active on Namepros in 2017 when previous auction going on . https://www.namepros.com/search/40375635/

So basically this is how the entire episode started. Still lots of questions unanswered by seller @omelet . Only @Omelete @mia7 and Moderator can throw some light here.

I am not accusing anyone here. I am bringing some concerns here in front of other friends. So we all can be aware of what is going on. I would like to see transparent business practice here on Namepros where people can trust each other and do business with right ethics and morality.

Just sharing as good friend. If moderator says everything is fine then let it be. But I can see different picture here for sure. At least I am won't participate again in such auction where something suspicious things going on.

Thanks

I was also bidding in the auction until it was out of my budget, what I can see @mia7 has uxvr.com in his profile, it is sure shill bidding , I believe it's from auctioneer, If I am proven wrong I will apologize to the auctioneer.

•••
I think Mr Acidic would own up to any bid he placed, but did not want to a be a lemming in a shill, and put his ethics before getting a name he wanted.

MiA7 beat out Ali for this name in 2017 for $1350, they did not pay, did not get a negative feedback, then 2 years later comes back for the first time since to bid in the 11th hour to reset the time clock, and jump the bid $100+. So if the bin was $750, which is $600 less then they previously agreed to pay for it, why come back, and start this mess all over again, claim it, pay for it, and be done with it.

MiA7 profile has UXVR in their profile as a highlight name, it is a very unusual situation, and most pros here don’t appreciate being fleeced by fake bidders, and will have 0 to do with the auction once it becomes obvious.

MiA7 needs to suspended, not a nonsense infraction, the fact the OP welcomed MiA7’s bid like an old friend, instead of someone who stiffed them out of 4 figures which is puzzling also.

Last edited:
•••
I think Mr Acidic would own up to any bid he placed, but did not want to a be a lemming in a shill, and put his ethics before getting a name he wanted.

MiA7 beat out Ali for this name in 2017 for $1350, they did not pay, did not get a negative feedback, then 2 years later comes back for the first time since to bid in the 11th hour to reset the time clock, and jump the bid $100+. So if the bin was $750, which is $600 less then they previously agreed to pay for it, why come back, and start this mess all over again, claim it, pay for it, and be done with it.

MiA7 profile has UXVR in their profile as a highlight name, it is a very unusual situation, and most pros here don’t appreciate being fleeced by fake bidders, and will have 0 to do with the auction once it becomes obvious.

MiA7 needs to suspended, not a nonsense infraction, the fact the OP welcomed MiA7’s bid like an old friend, instead of someone who stuffed them out of 4 figures is puzzling also.

Lots of Suspicious things behind it.

Still do not understand why Moderator do not see what all other reputed members see very clearly what is going on here. Moderator just cleaned thread and kept all the bids as binding even though Mia7 never come back to present his case.

Its ok. Shared as good friend so other friends can learn something from it. Sharing is caring.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Yes, agreed. Mod must make this auction void since it involves Mia who has Uxvr in his profile ..

•••
Hello,

The auction has been closed and all bids are void.

The seller's account has been restricted from the marketplace at this time.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to research and provide your input.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back