Domain Empire

Account Hacked!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Guys,

Still trying to get to the bottom of this, but someone hacked into my account as of last night and started sending phishing PM's!!!
Be extremely cautious!
I have a feeling I know who did this.
Last I checked the Namepros crew is trying to get to the bottom of this.

SDX

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
tHAZ BAD.
HOPE YOU GET BACK YOUR ACCOUNT...

We really need to do something about the phishers...!

•••
Ok can I just say that admin are aware and are working on it as we speak :tu:

•••
Its good that we have the yellow notice letter already up on namepros...

other than this whoever sees a phisher page should report immediately...
may be a moderator could start a thread that reads REPORT PHISHING (I am not aware if it already exists :) )
Then we could report the phishing pages to antivirus sites or something so that the looser looses the 7$ that he paid registering the domain atleast

•••

Thank You so much for all your help MM! :)
I've been a member of our great forum since almost its beginning (2004) and nothing like this has ever happened!
I have to admit I'm shocked! D-:

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Its good that we have the yellow notice letter already up on namepros...

other than this whoever sees a phisher page should report immediately...
may be a moderator could start a thread that reads REPORT PHISHING (I am not aware if it already exists :) )
Then we could report the phishing pages to antivirus sites or something so that the looser looses the 7$ that he paid registering the domain atleast

Not a bad idea! :tu:

•••
kudos to the admin! hope this never happen again...but oh well

•••
sorry to hijack or barge in......

NP staff are very fast at resolving issues. I have no doubt this will be taken care of professionally.

The question I have is who is in charge of PHYSICALLY changing "Thread Titles" on previous threads? I have a sales thread going for several years now and would like to update the title because it contains the year 2008 within. That looks old and is not current with the year. My mistake, I know.

As a ~8+ year VB Forum Admin I know this process takes only a few seconds by double-clicking my thread title in the "search results" and changing it instantly via Ajax inline editing.

Can someone help me out? I'm refering to the "Start a powerful marketplace in 2008...." in the advertise your scripts/sales thread...

Please.. anyone? I would hate to have to create a new thread or contact RJ personally via email. I'm sure he's busy. This thread has history and has well over 5K views with actual customers who have invested in that sales thread.. and the " 2008 " has to go.

If someone could change this to "Start a powerful Marketplace with ILance" I'd be a pretty happy camper.

Thank you NP Staff / Mellowmasher!! Much appreciated. :tu:

•••
Thats why its better not to click on the links you get through PM. :(
Someone tried to hack my pass of DP but I didn't clicked on that.

•••
Can't an administrator install something that can recognize the renaming of a link to look like something else and stop it? I think it can be done (I'm not really familiar with VB modding so I'm just trying to help) like this:

Say someone is trying to send a phishing letter, and what most people would do would be to mask the URL with another URL that makes it look like it is leading to the real site. In most cases, people would believe the link is leading to the URL that is displayed as text so they will not check the address bar after they click the link (or look at the URL in the bottom after hovering depending on the browser).

If someone was to do this, a modification to the UBBC code for URLs would disable sending the message (or post) if there is the case when the displayed text added includes "http://" or another protocol, which may deter some phishers (or make them use a display text just saying the name of the site, which would give the user receiving the message a better chance to review the URL when or before they get to the site) and make it slightly more difficult to fool users. This could also apply for when people exclude the http:// or another protocol, and the modification could also identify the display text if it looks like example.com/some/directory/file.ext. (my suggestion would be to disable both)

I hope that made sense...

Hope you get your account back soon.

•••
Thanks guys for all the imput :tu: Great to see SDX back online :)

•••
Account Hacked (continued)!!!

Guys,

I'm starting a new thread since I think MM thought the issue is resolved and closed the previous thread. :)
But here is my current situation:
My SDX account doesn't have a "Banned Account" label, but when I try to post or send PM's it Shows me I'm "Banned"???! :-/:-/:-/
BTW, Thanks for all the supporting PM's!
Which is also weird since I send replies to them with this temporary account and I don't think they are going through?!
All because of some idiot hacked into my account!!! >:(
PLEASE HELP!!! :'(
(Thanks MM for re-opening and merging the threads :))

Last edited:
•••
Man this sux !. Hope you will get your account soon.

•••
Ok, latest news (from NP Queen herself ;))!
Someone apparently was using my personal information to setup a FAKE account and sent phishing PM's, etc.!! :|
I'm appalled!!!

SDX

P.S. Kudos to everyone helping me...We WILL get to the bottom of this and hopefully learn how to prevent this nonsense from happening to our good members again!

Last edited:
•••
Maybe your computer was infected by a virus from parkquick.com , so that you lost your passwords.

•••
Maybe your computer was infected by a virus from parkquick.com , so that you lost your passwords.

it would be highly appreciated if you not paste the links of the website that send virus to our computer...
better just write park quick instead

•••
This is seriously getting ridiculous...I still don't have my account back. D-:

•••
With something as serious as this, it can take some time - just be patient.

•••
With something as serious as this, it can take some time - just be patient.

I understand...I REALLY want to make an example of this to prevent this from happening to other good NP's members in the future again.

•••
Ok, I'm being as patient as can be...but WHY is MY ACCOUNT still "Banned"??!
Being a member here since 2004 and you just close my account since some new idiot apparently setup a "duplicate account" for me??!
C'Mon now!!!
Do you "investigation", but don't underestimate good members such as myself.

•••
It's indeed frustrating things like these aren't necessarily resolved "immediately" or on the spot. But just be patient, as Eric said, as they do take time.

•••
It's indeed frustrating things like these aren't necessarily resolved "immediately" or on the spot. But just be patient, as Eric said, as they do take time.

Ok, I just got done talking with Samit and it was in fact a phishing email notification I must have clicked for wwwnamepros.com (note the lack of "." between www and namepros)!
He then used my good name (SDX) to send out more phishing PM's and domain purchases here on the real NamePros!
I just can't believe this guy can get away with something like this! D-:

•••
My account has been seriously compromised and I'm still waiting to have it restored.

•••
Hackers are really that hard to catch. Anyway, is your account been resolved yet?
It's been four days already.

•••
Hackers are really that hard to catch. Anyway, is your account been resolved yet?
It's been four days already.

NO...I'm still using this "temporary" account! :(

•••
be patient....

I'm sure the crew here are working hard to resolve it

Cheers
Corey

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back