Dynadot

domain A very specific Film Industry domain / website

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
I am looking to sell one of my websites and before I delve into the auction route, I'm hoping to get some advice. The site is quite specific to the Film Industry and could easily be worth thousands and thousands to the right buyer, but I'm well aware the average person may not be interested.

The site is FestBlast.com and my business partner and I have yielded well over $15,000 in the past year from it. It's currently setup as a bi-weekly newsletter that goes out to filmmakers and screenwriters that signup. Film festivals and competitions pay to advertise in it. The sale would, of course, include the list of 45k+ subscribers and 3k+ film festivals.

Anyone have advice or rough appraisals for such a specific website sale?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
value would be 2 to 3 times the yearly income

....so, about $50K should/would be the price

•••
On revenue, and as a business, 50k+

•••
Yea, a few others have told me that as well. I can't help but feel like it'd be hard to pull that amount (especially during a recession). At this point, I want to sell FestBlast and focus on my new project and would just like to move on.

Being so specific to the film industry, I realize it'd be a hard sale. Do you recommend taking a smaller amount (maybe $10k) in light of this?

•••
It won't be that hard of a sale, take it to auction, it will find its level. There are plenty of deep pockets in this industry and your domain won't go unnoticed.

•••
don't sell yourself short....no way you should sell it for less than documented one year income.

•••
Shane, I appreciate the optimism! It's been quite some time since I've sold a website. Do you recommend Flippa.com? I've used Sedo but it's so easy to get lost in the endless sea there - I don't prefer it.

PS: PayPal records count as "documented income" yes? It's the only payment form I've been accepting

•••
I don't think you would get more than 2x forward revenue, anything after that would be structured based on income going forward. $30K max, with conditions

•••
The thing about FestBlast revenue is it is not automated in any way. I had to sell the ad space in the newsletter, build the newsletter and send it out - all while pursuing potential new clients.

Does this affect the value of the website itself?

•••
yes do try flippa , good luck

•••
If you are making the profit/rev like you are saying i see no problem selling it for minimum 20k. I am pretty sure even in this tough economy there are buyers with deep pocket.

Thanks

•••
it sounds good.it should be worth $70k+

•••
If the stats are as you say then you should be able to get $25k+ for this. By the way you have done a great job! :)

•••
If you sell the domain at SEDO etc you will not get anywhere near what you want or expect, you will only get the price for the domain name and traffic.

If you sell the domain at Flippa you can sell the whole business package. You would be looking at around 12 months revenue, maybe more if you sell the concept well and find someone who has a mutual benefit in buying the website, business etc.

•••
Truly appreciate your feedback and advice! Since this is looking to be one of my biggest sales, if anybody with experience wants to help get it sold, I'd be happy to offer a very generous commission. I don't know if that's common business practice or not but I'm open to it.

•••
perha[s your customers email list might be a place to find a buyer, or sell it to your business partner, good luck

•••
That's crossed my mind but I'd rather not let the public know this site is changing hands. I'll leave that up to the new owner

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back