IT.COM

strategy A sales page or I don't need it?

NameSilo
Watch

Abdes

Established Member
Impact
Hi, I need your help,

In your opinion what is the best strategy?

1.Email the end user-> my personalized landing page with the payment button (Paypal, Escrow ...)

2.Email the end-user -> Parking page for my domain name (payment)

3. Email the end user-> my personalized landing page -> My domain name parking page (payment)

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
None of the above.

Emailing the end-user then ur negotiating position of weakness imo

Imo Having no sale page is missed opportunity.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I send emails because the domain names include keywords with search volume, and DN corresponds to the activity of the end-user (only for small business)

•••
When conducting outbound, I think you're best avoiding the inclusion of any hyperlinks in the email.

Just think about the email from the recipient's perspective:
  • It's unsolicited.
  • They don't know who you are.
  • Their spam folder may even be set up to capture emails from unknown senders that include links.
Keep your outbound emails simple. State that the name is for sale and tell them to get back to you for more information if they're interested.

There are many domainers who agree with @Samer that you lose leverage and negotiating power by doing outbound. I am not one of those people, although I can understand the hesitation.

Just make sure your domain is very relevant for the company/person you're contacting. Personalize the message a bit, and don't mass spam the same email to several recipients.

Outbound selling is about the quality of the name, the relevance of the buyer/contact, and professionalism of the message.

Last edited:
•••
In addition, I agree that you're best having the domain point to a professional looking For Sale page.

•••
In your opinion, the best is to have a sales page made on getresponse for example, or point the domain directly to the sales page of sedo ...?

•••
In your opinion, the best is to have a sales page made on getresponse for example, or point the domain directly to the sales page of sedo ...?
I think either is fine as long as it's obvious to the potential buyer that the domain name is for sale when they navigate there.

For added credibility, it's best to have a professional signature at the bottom of your emails. Ideally the information on your landing page (your company name, logo, etc) will match the information in your email signature. Your emails will feel a bit more legit this way.

•••
I think either is fine as long as it's obvious to the potential buyer that the domain name is for sale when they navigate there.

For added credibility, it's best to have a professional signature at the bottom of your emails. Ideally the information on your landing page (your company name, logo, etc) will match the information in your email signature. Your emails will feel a bit more legit this way.
Thanks a lot for your help

•••
Whatever is the cleanest looking and easiest for them to view the name and then buy. Instant buy buttons are good...you want to have as little interaction as possible if you are looking for no more than xxx.

If your pricing has been properly set, make it fixed (no negotiation) so they can either take it or leave it.

•••
personalized landing page with the payment button?

IMO it looks like russian mafia asking for your credit card number.

•••

I'd go as far to suggest that your signature include a LinkedIn profile, where the profile also includes the same email address, with dozens of professionals as long term 'friends'.

•••
When conducting outbound, I think you're best avoiding the inclusion of any hyperlinks in the email.

Just think about the email from the recipient's perspective:
  • It's unsolicited.
  • They don't know who you are.
  • Their spam folder may even be set up to capture emails from unknown senders that include links.
Keep your outbound emails simple. State that the name is for sale and tell them to get back to you for more information if they're interested.

There are many domainers who agree with @Samer that you lose leverage and negotiating power by doing outbound. I am not one of those people, although I can understand the hesitation.

Just make sure your domain is very relevant for the company/person you're contacting. Personalize the message a bit, and don't mass spam the same email to several recipients.

Outbound selling is about the quality of the name, the relevance of the buyer/contact, and professionalism of the message.
What if you add my social media profile links to my sales letter.
Is it advisable?

•••
What if you add my social media profile links to my sales letter.
Is it advisable?
If they're professional profiles? Yeah, no harm in that at all. It can help to give you more credibility.

•••
the last several offers that i got came from gd and afternic, but the landers are all at sedo.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back