IT.COM

A penny for your thoughts...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
ok so not a penny, but you will get thanks =). I was thinking of getting a reseller account. Now i don't have a huge budget for this and i know that you usually get what you pay for. I could probably manage $15 a month, so what are my best options for this sort of price? Also, i mainly want this to have more control over my domains, but i also have a few friends who i know would like to be hosted. I know i can trust them, but is it safe to resell to total strangers? Pardon any ignorance here =).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You should be able to get a good reliable hosting package for around $15 a month.

•••
anyone have an recommendations on cheap reseller accounts?

•••
The major boys typically charge around $25. $15 sounds low for a reseller account of any worth. As a note, some of the reliable hosts are dropping the reseller accounts--the kiddie hosts who buy them are causing too many headaches for some.

•••
bfrizz said:
The major boys typically charge around $25. $15 sounds low for a reseller account of any worth. As a note, some of the reliable hosts are dropping the reseller accounts--the kiddie hosts who buy them are causing too many headaches for some.
~$20 monthly is a good starting price for most.

•••
I am not sure what bandwidth and diskspace you are looking for, but I think $15 is quite enough for a start. I am now using resellerzoom.com and recommend it. They're reliable and have great technical support. Also there're some Namepros members offering reseller hosting on this board. Search for the posts and make a comparison about the prices. You'll find it out. Since most companies have 30day moneyback guarantee, so you can't really lose much. Just try them.

•••
thanks for all the info everyone, it is appreciated, i will have a look around the boards and i am sure i will come up with something =)

•••
infestacide said:
thanks for all the info everyone, it is appreciated, i will have a look around the boards and i am sure i will come up with something =)

Great! Let us know if you need any assistance.

•••
•••
•••
I believe Surpass Hosting has a reseller package at $15 a month, I had that package for just about a year now, until I got a dedicated server with them a month ago. I highly reccomend them.

http://www.surpasshosting.com

•••
Take a look at PolurNet.com. Highly reccomended.

•••
thank you for all the links and advice, i will have to have a look through them and come up with one =).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back