NameSilo

A no cold calling symbol in whois

Labeled as discuss in General Domain Discussion, started by platey, Mar 20, 2017

Replies:
Views:

1. platey

platey Top Contributor VIP

When a person buys and or re registers a new domain they have the option to select privacy or not etc but there should also be a no cold calling button in the whois listing which allows for strictly making offers only

Eg no logo emails

No seo emails

And no website design emails

One day the people that send this rubbish will realise that domain name investors are er domain name investors and many don't need or want the rubbish emails they send

Eg they buy a domain name which includes a free whois listing

And domain investors know how to use
    A search engine which means if they want to use these services they actually know how to use a search engine lol to find those who provide such services

Rocket science lol

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. canswift

canswift Top Contributor VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

A lovely thought, but unfortunately I don't think it would deter the Whois spammers at all. A bit like Canada's "Do Not Call" list for phone calls which still doesn't stop 3 or 4 calls a day wanting to talk about "credit card rates" or my "Windows computer"...

3. Sea Ansley

Sea Ansley New Member

They are twats and highly annoying. I run a web development and domain company, and I don't need an anonymous third party spam company to push that on me.

Something has to be done. Not sure a WHOIS symbol would work, but a blacklist of spamming companies and a legal push to suspend their business operations would be a nice wake up call.

Reform of WHOIS privacy?

4. DnEbook

DnEbook DataGlasses.Com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Perhaps a loud whistle should come with every new domain!

5. platey

No whistle required within 2days of a new domain purchase the seo logo and website spam starts lol but it's purely my opinion but I reckon they could start sending spam within 1 second but that would give them away so they wait a day first and start sending the spam the second day although I reckon that someone is buying new domain reg data or mailing lists

6. korganian

korganian Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

What we all really need is a pre screening telephone answering service that only forwards non sales calls to us and just lets sales people leave a voicemail if they want.

7. platey

Mind you I never answer voicemail either lol

It may cost me a sale at some point no doubt

8. obocar

obocar Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I got enough cold calls.
    When I answer the call, I tell them "I'm a developer myself." Then,most of them say "Thank you." Then, hang up.

I doubt if putting the no call button will change anything.

9. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Many ccTLDs have already fixed that problem.
    It's just not a priority for icann and other stakeholders (ie law enforcement).

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice