IT.COM

advice A little help please

NameSilo
Watch

NetMula81

Impact
Hello I an very new to the game of registering domains and I could definitely use some pointers, any steps to push me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to NPs,@NetMula81 !

There are many things you can learn here, and have an interesting time too! I think the most important thing is not to rush into acquiring many (some would say any) domains until you have followed the market for awhile.

I guess the main pieces of advice I would have are:
(a) When you think/find a good name first write down why you think it is good, then write down if you owned it who you would try to sell it too, and then ask others what they think of the name (not necessarily those who know names, just general views are important too).
(b) Then I would go to NameBio and try to find words similar to yours that sold. Like let's say your word is HappyDuck.com (made up name). See what words start with happy and which might be comparable and when and for how much it sold.
(c) I would also go to GoValue and enter your word. Don't place a lot of emphasis on what it tells you it is worth, it will probably be less, but look at comparator domains it shows you on what it went for.

Look at the auctions on here, and see what is up and what gets actual bids.

•••
Determine your personal, reasonable domain goals, determine a working budget ( an amount you can invest and afford to loose if things don't work out), and search out and read as many posts related to your goals as possible.

Are you interested in a particular domain niche?

Are you interested in short term or long term domain investments?

Are you familiar with TM etc?

Most would likely agree that a well reasoned, patient approach to acquiring domains is prudent.

•••
•••
Welcome to NP @NetMula81,

Read, read, read. This forum is the best place to start. Watch as many DomainSherpa as you can.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back