NameSilo

Need Help With These Domain Names

Located in Domain Beginners, started by Jake2021, Nov 24, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Jake2021

Jake2021 Established Member

Guys,

I'm new to domain flipping and is looking for pointers on why below domains (which I thought were high value keyword domains) are not selling at all?

realgoodsolar.com - registered since 1999, Estibot value of 1900 USD
    hid.info - 3 letter .INFO premium domain, registered since 2001, Estibot value of 1600 USD

Please tell me what i'm doing wrong in;

1. Acquiring the right domains
    2. Selling and promoting them the right way

Any help is highly appreciated!

/Jake

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. karmaco

karmaco Top Contributor VIP

Hi Jake

Info is not as a rule an in demand extension

Hid net and org remain unsold so yours likely will too after 19 years

Co and io regged 7 and 10 years no landing pages (probably due to trademarks)

Multiple trademarks some predate the reg date.

Stop buying until you learn more here about why or why not you should buy a particular domain.

Avoid 3 word domains in most cases. Stick to two words

Welcome to the forum and best of luck to you

3. Raj2610

Raj2610 Upgraded Member Gold Account

Three word domain may not always be a bad choice if if it make better sense then any equivalent two word combinations....placeonweb, placeonrent, makquickbucks, milliondollarfunding are some good combinations. However, two words combinations are a better choice anyday as compared to three word combinations.

4. du6262

du6262 Established Member

the shorter ,the better

5. golan

golan GolanMedia.com VIP

What you think about whether a name is or is not of high value, doesn't matter.

What does matter - if somebody else out there find it valuable. Valuable enough to pay high bucks for it.

Will there be any business in the world, who would want to name their business or product this way?

This is the question you should ask yourself, not "do i like the name or not".

In your particular case, imagine someone who would want to name their business "realgoodsolar".

Good luck in future!

6. Page Howe

Page Howe Top Member PRO VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

the domainers dilemma

what you can buy, you dont want...

what you want, you cant buy

i think if you walked away form those two you mentioned, you would end up with something better..

the first is very illiquid, if you have long term capital , and really dont need it to sell, go for it, but not for flipping

the second doesnt seem scarce enough LLL.info to flip wholesale, but you would want to see auctions for those type of names ending at $100 to buy it

page

7. Corey

Corey GDBR. com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

G'day & welcome to NamePros

Look at what names do sell, at namebio.com & dnjournal

Cheers
    Corey

8. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

I was also registering domains without a clue in 1999. I did buy a few good ones though.

9. imminentstartups.com

imminentstartups.com New Member

When you picked theses domains up did you ask yourself how would a company, or startup brand them?

I think it's important to understand the why and what behind any domain you register. Its simple business sense. Who is your end buyer?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice