Dynadot

A few questions AdSense related

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Does it help to get more clicks if you make the borders and backgrounds the same color as the webpage itself so it doesn't look like a boxy ad?

Also: If you have adsense, does that mean you get Adwords? I'm a bit confused on the two. I see them talked about in unity a lot and am wondering about this.

Thanks,
Andy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Adsense is the affiliate program.
Adwords is the advertiser program. :)

•••
I know that :p

But I have seen them intertwined so much, I thought if you had Adsense it gave you some type of bonus of some sort for Adwords. I probably misread something

•••
Nope you would have to open an account for adwords. I have one that I put $10 or so in and they ran it until I was $20 in the red.. :(

•••
AndyM3 said:
I know that :p

But I have seen them intertwined so much, I thought if you had Adsense it gave you some type of bonus of some sort for Adwords. I probably misread something

They do have promos for adsense publishers to become adwords advertisers ($5 credit, etc.).

The "blocky" question, I'm a fan of making them stand out so they'll attract attention and get clicked on. Don't so much care about the "pretty" factor ;)

-Allan

•••
I tend to get the best results using using both the 728x90 Leaderboard and the 336x280 rectangle integrated into the content.

The more they stand out the bigger the chances of getting good click thrus. IMO.

•••
yeah the bigger the ad the bigger the chance of it getting clicked on i guess :tu:

•••
The better you can make them integrate into your site's content, the more success you will have with them. In my experience, this means making the border color the same as the page background and locating the ads near other content with similar colors. Try it a few ways and see what works best.

Good luck!

•••
-RJ- said:
The better you can make them integrate into your site's content, the more success you will have with them. In my experience, this means making the border color the same as the page background and locating the ads near other content with similar colors. Try it a few ways and see what works best.

Good luck!

I completely aggree for "content" sites, but on sites that are more "single purpose" (Not parking, that would be violation of TOS) such as single page sites that the only place the visitor could go is off site, I find I have a much higher CTR when I make the border bold (like http://www.link-through.com/list3 , the user isn't going anywhere but off site, so I draw their attention to the paid links).

Just my humble opinion,
Allan

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back