IT.COM

discuss A domain you dropped that was picked up and developed...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So just going through my list of old dropped domains and it got me thinking...

What domains did you let drop that at some point were picked up and now developed...

for me...
Kube.Pro
MuniBondAdvisor.com
... leaving to see more.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ouch, social coach is a gem. Reason for drop? On purpose or by accident let it drop?

I picked it up on snapnames for 60usd. Didn't really love it, kinda of annoyed me I don't know why. Have no regrets. I was young as well and wasn't for me.

•••
I picked it up on snapnames for 60usd. Didn't really love it, kinda of annoyed me I don't know why. Have no regrets. I was young as well and wasn't for me.

Shouldn't have dropped it on purpose though. These are lessons you learn in the domain/web world sooner or later..

•••
I though social coach would be great for social media trainers

•••
I though social coach would be great for social media trainers

You are right. At the moment it's a dating coach site but I agree it would suit social media more.

•••
•••
dropped these for different reasons like 5 or more years ago, now fully fledged/developed websites, check 'em out. One of them apparently even appeared on national tv in australia!

socialcoach.com
aerogadget.com
earthscope.net

Those are some terrific names man.

•••
alibaba has no value
as google or ebay

if the business was not established as we know it

Except for the vanity of being able to say, "I once owned Alibaba.com"

•••
Except for the vanity of being able to say, "I once owned Alibaba.com"
The value of Alibaba isn't actually In the name itself, as Is in the service and work these guys have put in.
So are other few names out there!
imo

Last edited:
•••
alibaba has no value
as google or ebay

if the business was not established as we know it

ali baba is actually a sulta in books. =) So not completely made up like google.

•••
•••
•••
socialcoach.com great domain name!!!

•••
most of my dropped names are picked up by hugedomains or dropcatch ukbin.com was one of my friends names

•••
Earlier this year Michael Mann picked up my drop BitcoinCloudWallet.com
Almost 95% of my (.com, .net, org, .in) drops have been picked up.
Yesterday a couple got picked up : Cerivo.com (Brandbucket Accepted), eSwami.com

As for gTLDs around 50% have been picked up, some have even become registry reserve. I dont have any regrets for my gTLD drops. InvestIn.Gold got picked up, Wealth.Zone a couple of days back, Widget.Design became registry reserve after my drop.

•••
All my drops are getting picked up by DropCatch. Checked few and looks lik they are for Epik. Can't check all drops to see whether developped or not.

•••
Alibaba is just a reg fee or may be reg fee+10$ domain..
if it is not owned by real business it has no value
..But its looks atleast brand-able to me

•••
I dropped a few this week regretting as everything i drop turns to gold just not whilst I own it lol.
Just let me know before you drop a domain :)

•••
(Not My Drops)

upload_2017-7-8_17-24-7.png

________________________________________________________________________________________

upload_2017-7-8_17-18-55.png

•••
I can definitely see dropping "dropbox" at some point, but not something like weather.com

I do have Privibox.com.... drop or sell? =)

•••
I dropped a few this week regretting as everything i drop turns to gold just not whilst I own it lol.

With everyone looking at the drops the domains draw a lot of attention, much more so than when the domain is owned. I was on another forum and we discussed this in detail. Let a name drop and it becomes a hot commodity. While you own it there is little interest. I guess that's what you get with thousands of companies and domainers watching the drops.

•••
Just because a domain dropped and now has a new site ,means nothing, a lot of times end users will just find a name that fits better or worse than the one you had,when you see a real brand that seems to be a perfect fit and is nicely developed ,then you can start kicking yourself.

•••
With everyone looking at the drops the domains draw a lot of attention, much more so than when the domain is owned. I was on another forum and we discussed this in detail. Let a name drop and it becomes a hot commodity. While you own it there is little interest. I guess that's what you get with thousands of companies and domainers watching the drops.
I didn't know that thousands of companies were looking at drops!

•••
I didn't know that thousands of companies were looking at drops!

Hmm so there are only a few companies and domainers looking at drops? (n)

Have you checked out GoDaddy soon to expire domains lately?

Ps Welcome to NamePros! :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
I know this is an old thread. An interesting one that deserves a revisit.

I can't believe that people didn't see the value of AliBaba.com.

What are you missing/focusing on. That he was a thief? What about his 'cave full of treasure'? So then we see a store that is saying... come inside we have lots of small treasures for everybody. It markets itself. Ok AliBabasCave.com might describe it better but it's too long and unneccessary. Anyway Ali Baba is the man you want to go to to access these treasures.

Some interesting trivia ...

KFC and AliBaba connection.

Alibaba.jpg

Jack Ma (Ma Yun) - 3rd owner of AliBaba.com ?

As of March 2020, Ma is the wealthiest person in China, with a net worth of $42.3 billion, as well as one of the wealthiest people in the world, ranked 20th by Bloomberg Billionaires Index and Forbes.[12][13] In 2019, Forbes named Ma in its list of "Asia's 2019 Heroes of Philanthropy" for his work supporting underprivileged communities in China, Africa, Australia, and the Middle East.

Source: Wikipedia

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back