Dynadot

discuss A domain swap service: Would you use it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Would you use a domain swap service if I were to start an experiment here on NamePros?

Just testing the idea:

Let's say 3/4 different people come together to create a Godaddy and other registrar accounts which could be used as an escrow.
People who decide to swap their domain for something else can decide among themselves and send it to that account. Once both the parties have deposited their domain names, the owner of the account transfers the domain to the parties.

Swap complete!

Would you want to test it out?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting. But, buying a domain for a ton of money was complicated enough. The person was first reluctant and unresponsive. Then suddenly calling and wanting it done yesterday. People are so finiki. Are you sure you want to do this for a little money? Besides, there has to be enough participants for it to be worthwhile. Good luck anyway.

•••
This is a actually a good idea but towards web developers not domain investors.

I buy and trade names to get a domain I’ll try and develop or run a protect on. I’m always looking to trade people because it saves on building the rest of the website. If you pointed this towards more web developers and also websites for websites you might have something.

I’ve thought about doing this, pretty much having a trade marketplace and being the middleman with fee per transaction, basically they are paying for a middleman.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back