Dynadot

Secret Santa Domain Swap?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
To consolidate this, I've copied the original post from the "community" section under 'namepros info and suggestions."

Might be fun to try something like this for Christmas...lots of ways to do it. Here's one way:

secret santas would send one domain name to the swap facilitator (someone not in the swap...a trusted mod or such). That person would keep the names secret (or maybe let people know what they are if that generates interest)....when the last day for sending in names arrives (12-23 or so?), an announcement is made. Then all who sent in a domain choose a number between 1 and the number of domains sent in, say 200. This would have to be shown on the secret santa forum string so people could see which numbers were taken and which were left. After all the numbers were chosen, the facilitator draws the names from a hat or whatever, and gives the drawn domains a number as they are drawn (1-200 for example)...until they all are drawn. Then the domains, members and numbers associated to the domains are published in the string on the 24th or 25th...and each member who sent in a domain will get a new domain pushed from their secret santa.

So if I sent in a domain like xmaspresents.com, and it got drawn on the 56th draw, whoever had chosen #56 earlier would get that name pushed to them by me. If I chose #139, whichever domain drawn on the 139th draw is my present, and whoever sent it in would push it to me....and so on.

Domains would need to have guidelines so it's not a dumping ground for unwanted domains....and whatever else...maybe make them .coms only...or whatever. Would kind of be fun for Christmas.

What do you think? Ho-ho-ho!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
With a week left to submit a domain, we now have 23 Secret Santas and Domain names...including two very nice LLLL.coms, a good 5-character and 6-character and a bonus domain valued by Great Domains at $10k asking/5k reserve. Over half the domains are 10 characters or under.There are three longer domains 15-20 character, but their quality is obvious. More updates to come...It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

•••
The name I sent in just got a .44 click today
Just thought I would give an update :)

•••
•••
The name I sent in just got a .44 click today
WooHoo! Money in the bank, Santas!

Send in your domains now....only five more days!

•••
Cool Deal.....I'm in

PM on the way

namenut

•••
Only four more days!!! Got another LLLL.com for someone's stocking. Ho-Ho-Ho!!!

Don't be a Grinch...send in your .com today!

•••
verbster said:
Only four more days!!! Got another LLLL.com for someone's stocking. Ho-Ho-Ho!!!

Don't be a Grinch...send in your .com today!

Woooooooo Musta got my PM, Im in...hehe

•••
With only two days to go, we now have around 25 Secret Santas and Domain names signed up. The domains include three nice LLLL.coms, good 5-character and 6-character .coms and a bonus domain valued by Great Domains at $10k (5k reserve). Over half the domains are 10 characters or under. There are three longer domains 15-20 character, but their quality is obvious.

If you haven't joined as a Secret Santa, now's the time! All you have to do is PM me a .com worth $20 or more to add to the list. I'll add your name and domain to the list, and will randomly draw and match up names and domains in a few days. (The complete write-up is in this Sticky.) Someone will get your domain, and you'll get a .com from a Secret Santa on the list. Some good names will be swapped, so send yours in by the 20th and get on the list as a Secret Santa. Here's your chance to brighten a fellow domainer's day! Ho-Ho-Ho...

•••
PM sent, 2 .com(s) submitted.

Merry Christmas, folks!

•••
got another LLLL.com, and it's pretty darn funny. Also, got a nice 9-charater two-worder.

Round 'em up, and send 'em in, Santas...

•••
•••
I have a question. What if someone gets his own domain?

•••
I have a question. What if someone gets his own domain?
Won't happen...I"ll have the original owner's list in front of me in order to match up the drawn domains. If an Elf draws a Santa's submitted domain, it'll go back into the hat and another will be drawn.

Only one more day to fill the domain stockings! Get your fellow NP domain friends to sign up...the more the merrier!

Santa's Helper

•••
Last chance to get in on the Secret Santa domain swap!

Got around 30 Santas now...lots of nice domains.

Just PM me with a decent .com, and Santa will bring you one in return.

Merry Christmas!

•••
Yes the day is finally here, cannot wait for the draw to be announced!

•••
•••
That makes 2 of us,...hell, i think we're all anxious to see what our virtual stocking stuffer brings along. Maybe,....just maybe, i can finally welcome a really good domain to come "home to papa" ;)

•••
@Verbster:

DRAW DRAW DRAW !!!

:hehe:

•••
:lol: I keep checking back every 5 mins I am that anxious!

•••
Ho,Ho,Ho....had a late Santa or two....

I'm in Alaska, so my time is a bit different. Will be posting later today after work....

R.

•••
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet but HURRY UP... :)

•••
Why do i get the feeling that this is the one Thread that has the most F5's (refresh) of all threads EVER posted in NP? I know i have refreshed the page at least 15x today.... :gl:

•••
What's F5??? (just kidding)

Verbster must have a long day at work,lol

I bet everybody who receives now the email that someone replied to this thread thinks it was verbster, hehehehe

I am about to hyperventilate....VERBSTER,where are you..........

Happy holidays

Frank

•••
liquidcherry said:
What's F5??? (just kidding)

Verbster must have a long day at work,lol

I bet everybody who receives now the email that someone replied to this thread thinks it was verbster, hehehehe

I am about to hyperventilate....VERBSTER,where are you..........

Happy holidays

Frank
Well it is 2:41 the next morning, I guess he is a day late. It doesn't bother me, it is not going to effect what we get.

•••
Well it did say 22nd when he would reveal them all so todays the big day!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back