IT.COM

question A domain is listed as other person's property while it is mine!

NameSilo
Watch

Denismth

Established Member
Impact
I bought dna.skin few days ago from Dynadot and listed it in the three major auction sites. Now I checked this domain in Godaddy. As you know it Godaddy tells you when the domain listed is yours. It doesn't. The price is also hefty which I did not set.
Here is the domaintools data:

RegistrarDynadot LLC
IANA ID: 472
URL: http://www.dynadot.com
Whois Server: whois.dynadot.com
email.pgif

(p)
phone.pgif
Registrar StatusclientTransferProhibited, serverTransferProhibited
Dates11 days old
Created on 2022-08-10
Expires on 2023-08-10
Updated on 2022-08-15
Whois History
Name ServersNS1.DAN.COM (has 2,290,449 domains)
NS2.DAN.COM (has 2,290,449 domains)

Not sure if it was previously bought, got expired and me registered it again.

There is also another domain which is in my namecheap account but listed in Afternic as another person's property. Do not want to expose the domain though.

So How come such things happen?

The other thing that surprized me is the listing of the domain I sold in Godaddy almost instantly by the buyer. As we know it Godaddy will check text records before listing. So is the buyer of my domain Godaddy itself? Or are there loyal partners that do not need to pass the ownership process?
As you know it text records can only be added by the owner which is me. But the domain bought from me was listed in Godaddy before I transfered it. How come??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
bahahaha... domains have prev owners.. etc... u case is like 1 in million..so it's not even rare ...like u would get zero valuation on antique roadshow cause it's so not rare.. just be good boy like all us and email gd or others or use servers or text rec etc.. and then u can go.

•••
It sounds like you are buying another domainer’s expired domains and they still show as listed. Not a big deal, you just have to contact the market to have it de-listed so you can add it to your account. Good luck with them

•••
Ok I can understand the first case but how do my domain buyer relist it on Godaddy before I transfer it to him/her?

•••
Its an old listing obviously. Contact Afternic/GD with proof you now own it. If you sold it the new buyer made the listing. Its a bit confusing how you worded it.

•••
Its an old listing obviously. Contact Afternic/GD with proof you now own it. If you sold it the new buyer made the listing. Its a bit confusing how you worded it.
If the new buyer made the listing, how did he do it before I transferred it to him? Is listing possible in Godaddy without confirming ownership?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back