IT.COM

advice GoDaddy says my .com is available for $13,000 when I have it listed elsewhere for $4995?!?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scott615

Established Member
Impact
Can anyone explain how this arrangement works? I have a majority of my portfolio at GoDaddy, and have been contacted in the past directly by their brokers when a buyer has requested help in securing one of my domains. I currently had one of my dot coms appraised at around 10k using Godaddy's appraisal tool, and right beneath the appraisal "This domain is available for $12,999. Contact a GoDaddy broker". That's great! But I currently have the domain registered at Sav.com and it is listed for sale there at $4,995. So my question is, would GoDaddy wait until someone inquired about buying at $12,999, then buy it directly from me at the listed Sav.com price and profit the difference when they flipped it? Or, would a broker at GoDaddy reach out to me with the $12,999 offer to just pocket the 25% commission on the sale? I will ask them directly, but wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience here first.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It may be listed on Afternic by the previous owner at the price they set. Unless you list it on AN as the new owner it will retain the old price across GD.

•••
That makes sense. Thanks.

•••
different prices lke this have nothing to do with gd pocketing extra on yer name... gd deals with billions
... they dont care about messing with your prices for few bucks...

•••
It may be listed on Afternic by the previous owner at the price they set. Unless you list it on AN as the new owner it will retain the old price across GD.
That's my experience. Go to Afternic and insert their DNS TXT record
to prove ownership then you can set your own price

•••
That's my experience. Go to Afternic and insert their DNS TXT record to prove ownership then you can set your own price
For clarity, you mean "insert your DNS TXT record", not theirs. (Their could mean, of the previous owner, the way you wrote it.)

Last edited:
•••
You mean "insert your TXT record", not theirs.
No, I mean insert the line of text they provide you into your
DNS TXT record so they can confirm ownership

•••
Last edited:
•••
Thanks all. I will change DNS TXT.

•••
Thanks @Scott615 let me know if adding DNS TXT resolved it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back