domain A domain appraisal jaydeck.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RicciardiCo

Impact
jaydeck.com

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
What is "jaydeck?"

it is just a potential business domain name that I gave up on. I thought it would be good since it was 2 simple words.

•••
Domain sell times? - jaydeck.com

How long on average does it take for a domain to sell? I'm kind of getting impatient with mine and it's only been on the market for 9 days. The domain name is jaydeck.com. Please let me know how long I should wait for this domain to sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
It is never a guarantee that a domain will sell. Quite the opposite actually. The thousands of domains that domainers drop every day is testament to that.

With that said, some domains can sell the moment you list to having to wait many many years - all dependent on the right name, the right price, the right buyer, and the stars aligning in your favor.

•••
On average it can take years, with this one you are going to be waiting a while...

•••
I don't see an obvious use for this domain.
It could take several years (if it ever does sell).

•••
Depends! Finding an Enduser is the keyfactor..:)

•••
...maybe years...maybe one day..
Market it, market it and market it a bit more...

•••
Domain selling tips--

Register those names which have a common sense preferably commercial and business use.
Commercial and business domains tend to sell faster than the other ones.

Use simple words to form domains which are common and do not have ambiguous meaning.
The age and the PR and other Seo terms do not relate to an end user or business house. What they want is a clear, simple meaningful name that can directly relate to their business.

Now the key and most powerful thing is advertising. Just advertise your name to the business group to which it sticks via mail etc.

Never list your name on Godaddy etc without advertising?? Why??
Because at those platforms your domain will be regged by domainers only who are very miser in nature.
Just advertise your name and then list your name and do inform them that you have listed it there.
For your instance--

I have bought a domain robotutilities.com from NamePros auction at 10usd and now i have listed it at Godaddy 7 days auction and currently it is at 85usd and i believe it to end around 300usd in the last. Why i am getting bids?
Just because of advertising to end users..

Few can question about its length but the meaning of the name covers a great dimension of the use.

About your name simply could not find any use atleast at present, so not sellable.

•••
Domain selling tips--

Register those names which have a common sense preferably commercial and business use.
Commercial and business domains tend to sell faster than the other ones.

Use simple words to form domains which are common and do not have ambiguous meaning.
The age and the PR and other Seo terms do not relate to an end user or business house. What they want is a clear, simple meaningful name that can directly relate to their business.

Now the key and most powerful thing is advertising. Just advertise your name to the business group to which it sticks via mail etc.

Never list your name on Godaddy etc without advertising?? Why??
Because at those platforms your domain will be regged by domainers only who are very miser in nature.
Just advertise your name and then list your name and do inform them that you have listed it there.
For your instance--

I have bought a domain robotutilities.com from NamePros auction at 10usd and now i have listed it at Godaddy 7 days auction and currently it is at 85usd and i believe it to end around 300usd in the last. Why i am getting bids?
Just because of advertising to end users..

Few can question about its length but the meaning of the name covers a great dimension of the use.

About your name simply could not find any use atleast at present, so not sellable.

How do you recommend on advertising it? Via forums? Please specify for me

•••
There are lot of ways of advertising--
But first ask- How much do you want for that domain and Why that amount?
If no loyal answer then start scaling down your price till you get loyal price.
Now find the commercial use of that domain. One grand use or 2-3 fine use of the domain is an ideal candidate for marketing.
Now your domain is ready for marketing--

1) Visit the forums and blog related to your domain keyword and start writing about products but do not say it is for sale.

2) Used to answer over "Yahoo Answer" and post topic related domain in your signature.

3) visit to the websites which are in Dot net extension and selling products related to your keyword domain. Simply ask for their products and use your domain name in signature. But do not say that you are selling this domain. You know there are 100-1000 dot net companies who need dot com domains and once they see you are having a dot com domain via your product inquiry mail then it is the most probable case for getting an offer from end user.

4) Create a simple webpage of your top 5-10 domain names giving info about related products.
use contact me mail link for.sales inquiry.

5) form a domainer cartel i.e. Organisation and ask them to give you a potential lead and for that offer them comission on sales or a lead.

6) you can buy backlinks for you high priced best domain names having webpages. They are very cheap and available everywhere as they will provide some visits to your domain.

7) Refrain yourself from your domain appraisal as any negative appraisal will be shown in search engines can take away potential buyer.

8) Atleast start your domain blogging website in simple and write about domains and share the views of others and do add a page where you list your holdings but donot let the visitors to start appraising your domains.

9) When listing Domain at auction at Godaddy especialy for 7 days featured listing just transfer your undeveloped domains to that auction.

10) Have a flexible pricing i.e. should able to give discount of 20-30%.

11) Try to understand the tone of e-mails as it will help to understand who is offering you a "Miser dominer" or a "giant businessman".

12) Always stick to commercial domains.

13) Do not be impatient. Give enough time to your domain advertising. Hold only those names which you can hold for 4-5 years and try to stick to Dot Com and go for gramaticaly correct names. Sell on Godaddy auctions at ending only PDT time zone as 80% domains are hold by Americans.

14) Never list your domains for sale on several platforms with different pricing.

15) If registering a deled domain name then look is that blacklisted by Google?

16) always ready to throw away junks from your portfolio.

17) Stick to Hot keywords domains like " Patent", "Legal", " Apps" etc.

Most domain sells at high price when USA economy doing good because obvious reasons.

Try to see what industury will demand in future like according to me future is with--
"Robots" and "Simulators" and the above keyword related domains will do good in coming
10-50 years.

Thanks

•••
Great post thanks!

Would you tell me what you mean with " commercial domains " ? Thank you very much

There are lot of ways of advertising--
But first ask- How much do you want for that domain and Why that amount?
If no loyal answer then start scaling down your price till you get loyal price.
Now find the commercial use of that domain. One grand use or 2-3 fine use of the domain is an ideal candidate for marketing.
Now your domain is ready for marketing--

1) Visit the forums and blog related to your domain keyword and start writing about products but do not say it is for sale.

2) Used to answer over "Yahoo Answer" and post topic related domain in your signature.

3) visit to the websites which are in Dot net extension and selling products related to your keyword domain. Simply ask for their products and use your domain name in signature. But do not say that you are selling this domain. You know there are 100-1000 dot net companies who need dot com domains and once they see you are having a dot com domain via your product inquiry mail then it is the most probable case for getting an offer from end user.

4) Create a simple webpage of your top 5-10 domain names giving info about related products.
use contact me mail link for.sales inquiry.

5) form a domainer cartel i.e. Organisation and ask them to give you a potential lead and for that offer them comission on sales or a lead.

6) you can buy backlinks for you high priced best domain names having webpages. They are very cheap and available everywhere as they will provide some visits to your domain.

7) Refrain yourself from your domain appraisal as any negative appraisal will be shown in search engines can take away potential buyer.

8) Atleast start your domain blogging website in simple and write about domains and share the views of others and do add a page where you list your holdings but donot let the visitors to start appraising your domains.

9) When listing Domain at auction at Godaddy especialy for 7 days featured listing just transfer your undeveloped domains to that auction.

10) Have a flexible pricing i.e. should able to give discount of 20-30%.

11) Try to understand the tone of e-mails as it will help to understand who is offering you a "Miser dominer" or a "giant businessman".

12) Always stick to commercial domains.

13) Do not be impatient. Give enough time to your domain advertising. Hold only those names which you can hold for 4-5 years and try to stick to Dot Com and go for gramaticaly correct names. Sell on Godaddy auctions at ending only PDT time zone as 80% domains are hold by Americans.

14) Never list your domains for sale on several platforms with different pricing.

15) If registering a deled domain name then look is that blacklisted by Google?

16) always ready to throw away junks from your portfolio.

17) Stick to Hot keywords domains like " Patent", "Legal", " Apps" etc.

Most domain sells at high price when USA economy doing good because obvious reasons.

Try to see what industury will demand in future like according to me future is with--
"Robots" and "Simulators" and the above keyword related domains will do good in coming
10-50 years.

Thanks

•••
"Commercial domains" are those domains where an online business or work can be established i.e. Directly related to business i.e. Once you look the domain you instantly know what type of business will it do..

The above ways are ethical ways of advertising.
There are unethical ways of effective quick sale like " Forging with PRs". But they are not suitable to write publicaly.

•••
"Commercial domains" are those domains where an online business or work can be established i.e. Directly related to business i.e. Once you look the domain you instantly know what type of business will it do..

The above ways are ethical ways of advertising.
There are unethical ways of effective quick sale like " Forging with PRs". But they are not suitable to write publicaly.

Yes I understand what you mean. Would you focus on internet/web related domain names or any category would be ok iyo?
Hopefully this conversation won't be considered off topic as I think it is useful for the OP too.
Thanks in advance VirtualStore

•••
There are two types of selling technique. One for short and quick sale another involved having something for portfolio for long term horizon. Quick sales are mostly low profitable trades but still some profits can be made. Mostly two type of technique is involved. Try to get a meaningful high demanding keyword domains in dot com and list that at Godaddy featured auction and simply mailing to All the holders of that domain names who are getting offers. At present the hottest keyword domain is Apps related dot com domains and then Capital related domains. This technique easily give you 100-150usd return so your payout works- 100-20-10-5= 65usd good for leverage you.
The second technique is whenever there is an super auction for domains like patent.com or patentservices.com as they get very high bids and very crowdy at auction time then just try to form above domain in another extensio or in Ok type of country code extension and just list that domain for auction at same duration. Due to high heat at that time you will easily get payout around 300-700usd.
The technique for longterm investment is based on the keywords which do not change due to change in technology or competition or either we live on earth or at mars. These keywords are like "Toys", " pharma", "doctor", "lawyer", "Apps", Software etc. What is the noticable is they are generics, not affected by laws or change in technology i.e. If you have domain based on natural keywords even after 10 years they will sell just due to heritage they have, there is no risk of change in technology. For example in 2004-2007 i sold lot of symbian based domains but now it is Droid time and symbian domains are dead now. These are tactical issues and you should be aware about this. Though the basic domain technique like radio test, grammer, usability etc should remain at focus in all aspects.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back