IT.COM

advice A Chinese buyer keeps emailing me about LLLL.Com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello there,

I receive daily emails from a chinese buyer having this email: [email protected]

He gives me offers for LLLL.Com domains and when i accept, he never replies again.

This person keeps sending mails everyday.

So what is your advice? and do you have the same case?

Thank you,
Moustafa

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
we all get the same emails. Most probably they are desperate chinese domainers who are looking to buy premium LLLLs for 200$ and they are spamming owners

for me
40% of these emails, they do not reply
40% of these emails , they reply saying send me a list of similar names I am buying in bulk
20% of these emails, they reply saying 400$ is my maximum and last offer.

I am happy anyway seeing new offers to my email, I hope watching many offers do not make me greedy when the real buyers arrives

•••
we all get the same emails. Most probably they are desperate chinese domainers who are looking to buy premium LLLLs for 200$ and they are spamming owners

for me
40% of these emails, they do not reply
40% of these emails , they reply saying send me a list of similar names I am buying in bulk
20% of these emails, they reply saying 400$ is my maximum and last offer.

I am happy anyway seeing new offers to my email, I hope watching many offers do not make me greedy when the real buyers arrives

Agreed.

•••
I have heard that some Chinese e-mail services are setup in a special way, marking legitimate emails from outside China as spam or not delivering them at all. As such, it probably makes sense to setup a separate email to respond to these buyers, which would be located in China. Such as qq dot com - it has english interface en.mail.qq.com

As a side note, we see the same from some Indian domainers. Lowballing. A few days later, they set another another e-mail and lowball again. They promptly respond "you will never sell this domain for this price as per our experience". What a poor experience, they do not even know how to check whois - since they email also after the domain is sold

•••
Also, they send the offers to domain owners and a cc to abuse@the registrar address.
Why do they send the same message to the abuse department of registrars?

•••
Some of them are a sort of automated emails that they send out to llll owners.
And yes, both Chinese and Indians are buyers (especially those who send out emails like those ) to look at with a very careful eye; it is not by chance that, f.e., many affiliate platforms do not accept any affiliate from those countries.

I receive many of those emails and I never reply or, if I do, I just quote a ridiculous price. They never reply anyway, even if you accept the 150$ offer they made in the first email.
I do not get the point of sending emails out then...

Last edited:
•••
Recently Received email.

Date:Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 2:54 AM
Subject:BUYing YOUR DOMAIN qoaj.com
BUYing YOUR DOMAIN qoaj.com

hi

BUY YOURing DOMAIN

I want to buy a lot of domains,

Do you have a domain name list?

THANKS

•••
Yes, i do receive many emails like these and sometimes offers go up to $1k but they are just interested to know the domain list and they are not serious to make any deal even if its for $1 :D

•••
maybe they are more interested in bounce back/invalid emails than actual responses from owners so that they can, perhaps, attempt to get the domain somehow directly from the registrar if the admin email is invalid.... apparently not really interested in a reply or negotiating so that is the only thing that comes to mind for me.

•••
Compile them - over time the best Chinese premium domains will get more emails -- its better than hiring a Chinese to grade your domains.

I think these guys do buy, but only at prices we would not accept. They are flushing out the loose domains where the owners do not know the value.

•••
Compile them - over time the best Chinese premium domains will get more emails -- its better than hiring a Chinese to grade your domains.

I think these guys do buy, but only at prices we would not accept. They are flushing out the loose domains where the owners do not know the value.

I don't think that they buy but they flood us with emails everyday.

•••
•••
•••
Well, you know ... the usual mantra saying "v" is a bad letter for Chinese, and a Chinese is using even two here

•••
Well, you know ... the usual mantra saying "v" is a bad letter for Chinese, and a Chinese is using even two here

Okay, i see your point here :)

•••
Hello,

They probably do this because 1% (probably even less) will agree to sell their LLLL below market price, because of lack of knowledge or not being updated regarding pinyin and premium letters / combinations.

As long as the 'spammers' can make profit from this, this will continue.

•••
I receive ones like this nearly everyday:

Code:
[email protected]
To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]

hi
BUY YOUR DOMAIN
I want to buy a lot of domains,
Do you have a domain name list?
THANKS

Is this legit? I stopped replying to these because they never reply!

•••
•••
That same idiot keeps sending lowball offer emails for premium LLLL .com's - none of the QJXZ junk - and always CC's the abuse department of the registrar.

•••
Today started receiving 1300 offers fo 4 premium
Used to be 1000 before :)

•••
Today started receiving 1300 offers fo 4 premium
Used to be 1000 before :)
Interesting, I still get $800, but new emails from some English speakers and they even reply back.

•••
me too 1john2004.... but funny enough if you REPLY to the email(s) (I got identical ones from 2 different but similar emails within minutes for the same domain and, an hour later, 2 identical offers on another domain from again different but similar emails) it BOUNCES lol:
The mail server could not deliver mail to XXXX@XXXX The account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns entries.

haha. more generous at least but the "follow up" option leaves much to be desired.

Also started receiving emails from winners of previous GD auctions of mine, hoping to score similar domains to what they won for the same price. The game is getting interesting to say the least....

•••
That same idiot keeps sending lowball offer emails for premium LLLL .com's - none of the QJXZ junk - and always CC's the abuse department of the registrar.

Yes, i experience the same thing everyday.
But what is the use of the abuse mail?

•••
Yes, i experience the same thing everyday.
But what is the use of the abuse mail?

WHOIS these days lists the Registrar's contact info first, typically their abuse department. That's a double edged sword, as by sending thousands of these spam emails out they will most likely be blacklisted by the Registrar.

•••
I have been getting a lot of these type of emails from [email protected] (usually different numbers)

@|(<} we are really hope you will reply for our Email!

Hello, I'm agent cc,
we have several customers have a liking for your domain name,
what's the price you offered, please?
Please leave your contact information,
thank you! we are really hope you will reply for our Email!

Another variant of the message.

Hello friends
Hello We are very close to your domain name,
I hope you reported a price to me,
If the price is right I will close down,
We can Taobao, or intermediary,
Look forward to your reply and, if disturbed, please understand,
Thank you

•••
Back