NameSilo

domain ____forcheap.com names, how much ya think?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Are these ___ForCheap.com domains worth money?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • HELL YES

vote
    33.3%
  • Probably at least $1000/piece

votes
    0.0%
  • They could be if theyre marketed

vote
    33.3%
  • Probably Not

vote
    33.3%
  • You Just wasted 600 bucks buddy

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Hi guys, just throwin a line out there. I own about 70 different domain names that all end in forcheap.com. This includes the following:

BooksForCheap.com
LoansForCheap.com
ChicForCheap.com
AutosForCheap.com
CDsForCheap.com

Drugs, Flowers, Gifts, Offices Material, GetItForCheap.com, Shoes, Stock, Tools, Trucks, etc.

So, worth anything? What do you think? Thanks for the input in advance....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Perhaps worth something if you put some marketing dollars behind it, or found a well founded company that was willing to back it.

I'm seeing less companies going with the multiple domains strategy, where this was a popular practice back in 1999-2000. Single domains using subdirectories or third-level domains is the more common thing you now.

If you develop the site network yourself using these domains and can build some traffic and sales, you'll have a better chance of having someone take notice of what you have to offer.

Luckily for you, the domains are strong enough to stand on their own if you were to break up the set. Value ea. around $50-100 or around $4k for the set.

•••
Thank you for responding. Seeing as that I run a marketing firm I think I'll just set aside some resources for developing the sites until it's a full-fledged eCommerce network. My overhead to develop that sort of thing is nothing compared to what the return would be for an already-operating network of eCommerce sites, at least I'm assuming. I may end up selling the division of my corporation that runs the network through a business broker, perhaps that would open myself up to some bidders as well. Again thanks for the response.

-Rick Cornell
Chapter 0 Marketing Solutions

•••
I think it would depend on the first word, but I think there are much better names to get. I would pass on the ___forcheap.com even if you have to spend a few bucks to buy a better name.

•••
would pass on the ___forcheap.com even if you have to spend a few bucks to buy a better name.

I'm not sure I understood that last sentance. Could you restate please? Thanks a lot--

•••
Sorry...I thought it sounded funny myself after reading it :)

I would rather buy cheapshoes.com then spent a lot of cash to brand shoesforcheap.com. Cheapshoes.com almost sounds branded...anyway, it's not a knock on your names.

Have you ever developed one?

•••
Oh, okay I see what you mean. And yes I do agree, unfortunately anything too good is taken already, e.g. the one you mentioned. So, I have to work with what I have. Besides not being as direct the name's are also all improper grammer, though people use the expression quite frequently ('for cheap'). And I'm not sure weather you're asking if I've developed a website before or one of the ____forcheap.com names. The answer to both is yes. I've developed about 15 websites personally and the firm I own has developed about 73. As far as the _____forcheap.com names, I've completely developed GetItForCheap.com except for the credit card gateway to actually start making money on the site, I already have advertisement and supplier agreements for the site as well.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back