NameSilo

new gtlds .88 cent domains : How many are you buying?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

offthehandle

.Top Member
Impact
just like most of you, I got the email from .whatever registry today about the big .xyz sale. It suggests registering phone numbers, number sequences, IOT appliances, anything really anything. Billions of combinations. Lol.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I register inventors.top today @98 cents , Estibot appraisal is 3200$

•••
I also register propertyexchange.xyz

•••
I would personally never in my life buy this. Not even for 0,00 dollars. I have about 75 .xyz names, but most are single words.

•••
The registry wants these 1.11B xyz numerics to pan out either as IoT addresses or some of form of pseudo crypto currency.
  1. If the IoT vision wins out, there's no domainer play, unless there's an aftermarket for phone #s and IP addresses that I'm not aware of. They're basically disposable addresses, with maybe a slight bump in value for those that are memorable.
  2. The crypto angle, we don't say one dollar bill is worth more b/c it has nice serial # digits on it, so again, no domainer play.
In both cases there's no room for traditional domaining unless you want to fight the registry's vision for what they want these block of names to become.

•••
Did everybody get the repeat 1.111 billion xyz promo again today? Renewals forever at $0.99 for 000000.xyz through 999999999.xyz. Sign up your goldfish, cats, dogs, refrigerators, toasters to the web.

•••
Subdomains accomplish the same thing and are free to create and use. Right?

•••
•••
•••
I decided to beat the deal.

You can get for half of xyz price any nnnnnn to nnnnnnnnn dot recons.com for $0.49/year with no price increases guaranteed!

Don't miss the chance to own 888888.recons.com for cheap!

•••
I decided to beat the deal.

You can get for half of xyz price any nnnnnn to nnnnnnnnn dot recons.com for $0.49/year with no price increases guaranteed!

Don't miss the chance to own 888888.recons.com for cheap!
Nice:) I'm open to bidding for 8.2828.us

•••
Nice:) I'm open to bidding for 8.2828.us

well, with 888888.recons.com and others you can buy a domain for your fridge, tv, dog, every fish in your bowl etc. But can you do that with 8.2828.us if you are not a US resident? ;)

•••
•••
•••
well, with 888888.recons.com and others you can buy a domain for your fridge, tv, dog, every fish in your bowl etc. But can you do that with 8.2828.us if you are not a US resident? ;)
Of course you can, no Nexus rules on subdomains,
as long as the domain name is owned by an American citizen and 2828.us is.

•••
Of course you can, no Nexus rules on subdomains,
as long as the domain name is owned by an American citizen and 2828.us is.

But are you working on getting China approve the names on 2828.us registry? )

•••
But are you working on getting China approve the names on 2828.us registry? )

Why?
I'm not a registry nor looking to host my name there. I think many people don't understand what accreditation in China means.

The accreditation means that Chinese residents can register the domain names and host them in mainland China.

•••
Why?
I'm not a registry nor looking to host my name there. I think many people don't understand what accreditation in China means.

The accreditation means that Chinese residents can register the domain names and host them in mainland China.

That was a joke since xyz was very eager to get that )

•••
https://www.thedomains.com/2015/01/...-tm-filed-16-yrs-after-domain-was-registered/

Here's a good one, just stumbled upon. Start a company using an .99 cent cheapo XYZ and then knowingly and falsely apply for a trademark in another country using someone elses exact match dot com, then file a Phony UDRP try to steal the .com that was regged by someone else for many years before. Worse yet, receive a RDHJ.

XYZ black clouds will never go away. Listed forever on the Hall of Shame.

http://www.hallofshame.com/rdnh-case/booked-ltd-london-guilty-reverse-domain-name-hijacking/

•••
Here's an appropriate line for the XYZ group:

Because making it look g o o d now is more important than providing adequate support later.

http s://despair.com/ collections/demotivators/products/marketing

•••
•••
•••
•••
xyz-post-monster.jpg

•••
•••
xyz-comment-dg.jpg

domaingang. com/domain-news/epik-ceo-rob-monster-believed-the-christchurch-video-was-not-real/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back