Dynadot

new gtlds .88 cent domains : How many are you buying?

NameSilo
Watch

offthehandle

.Top Member
Impact
just like most of you, I got the email from .whatever registry today about the big .xyz sale. It suggests registering phone numbers, number sequences, IOT appliances, anything really anything. Billions of combinations. Lol.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Remember! Big G is using .xyz

•••
are they trying to selll 9n .xyz numerics to investors? must be dreaming

•••
•••
35.xyz sold $30800 in 2016

•••
Can someone summarize what all the hoopla is about?

Some guy thinks XYZ will be the next best thing?

•••
Can someone summarize what all the hoopla is about?

Some guy thinks XYZ will be the next best thing?
.xyz is the next big thing.....

•••
I'm waiting for next year when they'll start giving them away for free with extra fries and a clown sticker.

•••
•••
I own 10 xyz domains, and may renew 1 of them!

•••
•••
Correction, I own 10 and am unlikely to renew any. I just checked, there are some variations I can use for my name and education if I decide to develop a site!

•••
•••
I'm waiting for next year when they'll start giving them away for free with extra fries and a clown sticker.
yes...free and $2 Bitcoin...

•••
How hard was it to predict that an extension like .XYZ would become the joke of the domain industry? Why not .QRS or .FGH or .123?

•••
I did two junk sites with .xyz, they will go onto another "dud" extension when renewal comes around.

•••
•••
xyz had nearly 40k deletes yesterday and that wasn't from their 1 cent promotion. Over 3 million domains were added in 3 days one year ago and I expect most of them will drop off soon.

upload_2017-6-1_11-51-31.png

Last edited:
•••
ntldstats now showing .xyz losing nearly 100k registrations yesterday.

•••
"Please Buy Enormous quantities of useless Domains for the purpose of Cashing out in years. Bitcoin is valuable now, why won't .xyz domains with 25 characters also appreciate 10-fold?"

Good try registrar!

•••
So does bitcoin also have renewal fees?

And yes, Frank can easily be sewed based on his first email...

•••
Before people waste money on this garbage, they should realize that over 99% of these 1.11B numbers are available to register in .COM.

These domains are priced under $1 because they are worthless. Getting anything for a product that is worthless is a win.

Brad

•••
some domain registered in .com are worthless and might cost more.

•••
If an
Before people waste money on this garbage, they should realize that over 99% of these 1.11B numbers are available to register in .COM.

These domains are priced under $1 because they are worthless. Getting anything for a product that is worthless is a win.

Brad

Exactly, those disbelievers go look at the drop lists .com's of 6,7,8,9N's.
And what about all the LLLLL.com recent drops by the thousands?

If you want a long shot spec buy and hold investment...why would you buy a 6N.xyz over a 5L.com?

•••
If an

Exactly, those disbelievers go look at the drop lists .com's of 6,7,8,9N's.
And what about all the LLLLL.com recent drops by the thousands?

If you want a long shot spec buy and hold investment...why would you buy a 6N.xyz over a 5L.com?
its cheaper both are only of any value to domainer to domainer anyways

•••
.88 or $9.99 obviously is huge. But if one were to string along 3 pinyins in 6 letters....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back