IT.COM

$8 or less -- Blackfriday or any promos and discounts for .com TRANSFER/RENEWAL only

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
hi all.

there is a lot of threads around for all kinds of extensions.. and I know most or many just want the good old .com . and put some more life into it for as cheap as possible...

so I am starting this thread so folk can just find out how to put some more life into your .com for cheaper than regular price.. via either transfer or renewal dicounts/promos/blackfriday/coupons etc. of course as we all know, renewal discounts are nearly non existent. so most of the stuff here should be transfer.

so anything.. blackfriday... boxing day.. xmas.. or just plain old coupons or other promos..

the cutoff price is $8. please do not post deals that are more than $8.

north american located registrars only please. canada and usa.

do not post hostgator or 1&1 deals here.

please keep thread on topic.

I'm just gonna post best trasnfer >$8 deals once here (after icann fee ~20cents):

epik.com 8.1 transfers.. gotta email support to get special pricing
-> expiry date unknown. check.

godaddy 8.2 transfer with domain club only (~70/year on coupon)

namesilo regular transfer 8.4.. never mind the one time coupon $1

thanks! enjoy.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My best guess is the end of year offers will be tiered discount with minimum purchase, the more you spend the higher the percent.

If the percent coupons are higher and you have a bunch of transfers then it's might be worth waiting a few days. The current coupon does NOT work on transfers and ends Dec 26 so I would think the next coupon will be a few days later like maybe 28-30?? (guessing)

Handy chart for quick reference - based on regular transfer price of $8.29
15% = $7.05
20% = $6.63
25% = $6.22
30% = $5.80
35% = $5.39

@Tytus - do you only have one to renew? Did you try these yet? I'm over limits for these so you'll have to test them yourself, not huge yet better than nothing
NVU......15% 15SALE....15% confirm10......10% comeback10.....10%

•••
TL:DR best deal today 25IDEA - $6.22 with $75 minimum (10 transfers)

OK here's the end of year coupon codes:
18IDEA - 18% off - no minimum
20IDEA - 20% off - $40 minimum
25IDEA - 25% off - $75 minimum

All minimums must be in a single order - coupons end December 31st, 2016, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific

** Tested working MyDomain TRANSFERS **

25IDEA will bring transfer cost to $6.22, good for 10 transfers COM NET ORG BIZ INFO US to reach the $75 minimum
http://www.mydomain.com/affiliate/gettingstarted.bml?AffID=839948

*LIMITED TIME OFFER. 18IDEA, 20IDEA, 25IDEA coupons end December 31st, 2016, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. 18IDEA coupon is good for 18% off all new products and services with no minimum purchase. 20IDEA coupon is good for 20% off all new products and services when you spend $40 or more in a single order. 25IDEA coupon is good for 25% off all new products and services when you spend $75 or more in a single order. Maximum savings with the discount is $300. All renewals on products and services after the initial discounted period will be charged at the then current standard list price for the selected period. Coupon is not valid with sunrise registrations, landrush registrations, EAP registrations, pre-registrations, premium registrations, renewals, transfers, custom website design, other coupons, or special pricing.

Last edited:
•••
Kudos to @Domaniak for posting this coupon

TL:DR - best deal today $5.80 transfers with $60 minimum (7 transfers)

New 30% BIGBANG Code tested working at Domain.com for transfers - $60 minimum

- Spend $60 and enjoy 30% off
- Coupon code: BIGBANG
- valid till Dec. 31st, 2016 11:59 p.m. PST
- maximum savings with the discount is $300

If you do not have an account yet, you have to set one up before you can do transfers, use this link and sign up for a free affiliate account and then you can do transfers
http://www.domain.com/affiliate/gettingstarted.bml?AffID=858296

Coupon test working transfers at Domain.com and tested new purchases at MyDomain Netfirms and Dotster, others can test transfers, hopefully it will!
The coupon does work on all extensions even though @alcy s thread is COM NET only : smile :

•••
Kudos to @Domaniak for posting this coupon

TL:DR - best deal today $5.80 transfers with $60 minimum (7 transfers)

New 30% BIGBANG Code tested working at Domain.com for transfers - $60 minimum

- Spend $60 and enjoy 30% off
- Coupon code: BIGBANG
- valid till Dec. 31st, 2016 11:59 p.m. PST
- maximum savings with the discount is $300

If you do not have an account yet, you have to set one up before you can do transfers, use this link and sign up for a free affiliate account and then you can do transfers

Coupon test working transfers at Domain.com and tested new purchases at MyDomain Netfirms and Dotster, others can test transfers, hopefully it will!
The coupon does work on all extensions even though @alcy s thread is COM NET only : smile :

thanks
sounds like a short lived coupon
like 24h or something

nice one.
no work for netifrms transfer

so it could be onmly domain.com for transfer

wonder if it might be worth it for the more pricty extrension transdfer like .co
I think it'd be from $30 to $20 which is pretty good.

•••
It's getting tedious for me to test transfers, I have to add the domains with Auth Code and check the coupon, then remove it so I can try at the next reseller and a few have gotten stuck in their system, they were ones I was dropping so no matter.

CO best transfer open market is $22-23 this 30% is $21 but if it helps you meet minimum, then booyah

•••
@alcy - are you sure you had the $60 minimum? I just tested at NetFirms Transfer and it worked, even though they have it labeled as reg

tY2xx4R.png

•••
New Coupon 35% RESOLUTIONS - One Day Only - Expires 11:59PM Pacific 1 January 2017

Transfer only $5.39 after coupon, no minimum

Domain.com - tested Transfer YES New Regs YES
MyDomain.com - tested Transfer YES New Regs YES
NetFirms.com - tested Transfer YES New Regs YES

http://www.mydomain.com/affiliate/gettingstarted.bml?AffID=839948
http://www.netfirms.com/affiliate/gettingstarted.bml?AffID=839949

I am not bothering to test Dotster since they are my last choice.

•••
any registrars offering transfers under $5 ?

•••
•••
Currently some big guys give the transfer price higher $8 a little bit

Godaddy - $7.99
Name - $8.25
Dotster - $8.29
Namesilo - $8.39
Namecheap - $8.84

•••
Currently some big guys give the transfer price higher $8 a little bit

Godaddy - $7.99
Name - $8.25
Dotster - $8.29
Namesilo - $8.39
Namecheap - $8.84

thanks bud ;)
its 8+icann for godad.

we've been all through these on this thread a few times already.

desperation does that to ya

hahaha
jk

keep posted if you find lower.

the preice to beat is:

epik 8.1$

let's not go higher folks! cheers ;)

Last edited:
•••
any dotster / netfirms deals happening

•••
any dotster / netfirms deals happening

I think everyone is waiting for Namecheap's "Move Your Domain Day" which will happen End January/Early Feb.

•••
I think everyone is waiting for Namecheap's "Move Your Domain Day" which will happen End January/Early Feb.

They have a limit?

•••
•••
AND the names must never have been at NameCheap before - they don't let you double dip

Price in 2015 and 2016 was $4.16, $3.98 + 18 cent ICANN. TOTAL 50 names max per account - COM NET ORG BIZ INFO
This year might have different cost or restrictions though so don't quote me on that : wink :

•••
AND the names must never have been at NameCheap before - they don't let you double dip

Price in 2015 and 2016 was $4.16, $3.98 + 18 cent ICANN. TOTAL 50 names max per account - COM NET ORG BIZ INFO
This year might have different cost or restrictions though so don't quote me on that : wink :

oh wow.
are you serious about double dip?

•••
Yeah, IIRC I noticed it last year in the fine print

https://blog.namecheap.com/moveyourdomainday-2015-is-january-27/
Pat January 21, 2015 at 9:58 PM
What about previously transferred out domains from namecheap to another registrar, can they be transferred in once again using this promo? Thank you
Kendra Hayes January 22, 2015 at 3:58 AM
Sorry, no – domains previously transferred out from Namecheap to another registrar are not eligible for this promo.

I did a bunch to NC, then hopped to MyDomain. As a test, I'm doing one on purpose to Rebel then 60 days I will try go back to MyDomain and see if they balk, but I don't expect issues since MyDomain is just a coupon.

•••
wow
a registrar that goes out of their way to keepo track and databses of domains that already been there.. to prevent double dipping.

how low can you go.

I'll keep it in mind
tnx

•••
OK some updates, not super great deals, yet better than paying full price.

Rebel - open to everyone now - NEW code transfer2017 includes COM NET ORG CA price total $6.17, limit ten domains
https://www.namepros.com/posts/5949581/

Domain / MyDomain /NetFirms / Dotster regular price for transfers = $8.29 - good for COM NET ORG BIZ INFO US
Newish Code SNOW2 - 25% off minimum $50 - although SIX transfers equals $49.74 so must do SEVEN or do one ME which is 9.99 or some other extension to meet minimum: wink :
25% = $6.22
SNOW2 coupon is good for 25% off all new products and services when you spend $50 or more in a single order. Offers end January 22, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.
Verified working MyDomain for Transfers

Thanks to @Constantin S who posted both of these codes first!

•••
•••
cool. thanks.
now let's see how many transfers they can handle.. and how quick the namepros effect is hehehe

•••
Still no official word on MYDD (Move Your Domain Day) from NameCheap - I have asked chat three times in past two weeks : impatient :

My best guess was today or tomorrow Feb 7th or Feb 8th, fingers crossed, they could still announce with only a day's notice

In the meantime, best TRANSFER is @AlpNames for COM $4.99, really only a 83 cent difference and NC max is 50 so $41.50 total not chump change, alp is COM only though
https://www.namepros.com/threads/4-...nd-transfers-courtesy-of-alpnames-com.997033/

•••
OK TWO deals running today:

Deal ONE:
COM TRANSFER @AlpNames deal is STILL VALID, just tested another transfer now, Tue Feb 14 15:40 UTC 2017 even though they said it was ending days ago
https://www.namepros.com/threads/4-...nd-transfers-courtesy-of-alpnames-com.997033/

Deal TWO:
Today only - TRANSFERS AND RENEWALS working with code CUPID
domfam - Domain/MyDomain/NetFirms/Dotster
CUPID coupon and offers end February 14, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.

TRANSFERS - COM NET ORG BIZ INFO US
25% = $6.22 - deal today with code CUPID

RENEWALS - *should* work on all extensions, price varies by sibling and extension, I tested a BZ (Belize) at NetFirms to be obscure
Check main thread for what & where everyone has tested
https://www.namepros.com/threads/co...main-mydomain-netfirms-dotster.987020/page-15

Also a PS, I again got on NameCheap chat yesterday and asked if MYDD was cancelled entirely and they wouldn't answer, I didn't think it would be today on Valentine's Day anyway, so maybe the Bird In The Hand solution is the above deals, that is what I have been doing personally.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back