Dynadot

.com 63 character domain name sold for $800..

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
The domain name containing 63 9's .COM sold for $800 on GoDaddy.

Here's a screenshot:

1.JPG

I am still wondering who are such buyers and why do they buy such names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What's his asking price for 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999.com?
I don't knowww

•••
Aren't you and him 63 letter domain business partners?

•••
Aren't you and him 63 letter domain business partners?
Every domainer sets his own prices for his own domains.

•••
It is just a record; it could be written in the guinness book of record of domainers that someone bought the longest domain ever. Period.

On a serious note!

If it is nonsense, please could you please educate us on the value of 63 Ns and Ls in the market so I can learn from the experience; since we are here to learn and sell domains.

Last edited:
•••
It's possible in the not so distant future that 'typing' will become redundant to voice command.

That being the case then 63 domains may have a very bright future !

When using our keyboards we are restrained to a set limit of key strokes but with voice command this number can grow to accommodate a much larger set of commands and shortcuts. Our browsers will have the ability to translate 'special' voice commands that don't exist in the ASCII character set we currently rely on.

One such command could be a 'MAX' command that will inform our browsers to fill our address bar with the 'MAX' number of specified keywords to easily navigate us to '63 websites. For this to happen, '63/MAX domains will have to be giving special precedence/recognition in 'Voice Command' browsers but with all the marketing about 63 domains of late this may very well happen.

So, lets say the voice command 'MAX top' might be enough to auto-fill the address bar with :

toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top

It's a bit of the wall but I do tend to think outside the box.

•••
It's possible in the not so distant future that 'typing' will become redundant to voice command.

When using our keyboards we are restrained to a set limit of key strokes but with voice command this number can grow to accommodate a much larger set of commands and shortcuts. Our browsers will have the ability to translate 'special' voice commands that don't exist in the ASCII character set we currently rely on.

One such command could be a 'MAX' command that will inform our browsers to fill our address bar with the 'MAX' number of specified keywords to easily navigate us to '63 websites. For this to happen, '63/MAX domains will have to be giving special precedence/recognition in 'Voice Command' browsers but with all the marketing about 63 domains of late this may very well happen.

So, lets say the voice command 'MAX top' might be enough to auto-fill the address bar with :

and then? why would someone use a 63 website over a traditional one?

•••
•••

I see !
It's rarity of course, although @KINGOF.TOP 63 domains are long we will never forget them !

And that is why I said it is a guinness world record; unforgetable.

•••
On a serious note!

If it is nonsense, please could you please educate us on the value of 63 Ns and Ls in the market so I can learn from the experience; since we are here to learn and sell domains.

It was not my intention to be offend in some way - with 'nonsense' I meant simply the idea that there is or can be 'a (one / single) longest' domain name - thats simply not possible.
Theoretically every domain name can / could have 63 characters in it's maximum length.
And in fact there is more than one domain name in the space which have 63 characters - so there is not a way to create 'a (one / single) longest'.
This means there is no length record (number of characters) happen at this purchase.
So there is no posibility to break a single 'domain name - number of characters - length record'.

If you would say '...that someone bought a domain name which has the maximum length (number of characters)...' it would make sense - but to say '...someone bought the longest domain ever...' makes no sense - because, as we know now, there is not a (one / single) longest.

The value of pure L / N 63.DOMAINS depends simply on their purity.
It's like virtual gold / gems - the finer / cleaner, the better / the more preciously - the more expensive.

Last edited:
•••
and then? why would someone use a 63 website over a traditional one?
Why (rich) people buying more than one watch / painting / house / car / boat / plane / ... ???

Those domains are not comparable with 'normal, daily used domains'.
They work like exclusive status symbols.
Like watches / paintings / houses / cars / boats / planes / ... - just virtual.
And exactly this virtuality is the advantage over the non virtuality, because everyone (who have access to internet) can see it within seconds & without walking - and it's the only sense behind status symbols (virtual ones and non virtual ones), that other should see them - it's the wish of their owners 'to get perceived through them'.
Those domains are just existing to exist, they have no conventionally sense, they can be seen as something to show the 'social status' of it's owners.

Last edited:
•••
Why (rich) people buying more than one watch / painting / house / car / boat / plane / ... ???

Those domains are not comparable with 'normal, daily used domains'.
They work like exclusive status symbols.
Like watches / paintings / houses / cars / boats / planes / ... - just virtual.
And exactly this virtuality is the advantage over the non virtuality, because everyone (who have access to internet) can see it within seconds & without walking - and it's the only sense behind status symbols (virtual ones and non virtual ones), that other should see them - it's the wish of their owners 'to get perceived through them'.
Those domains are just existing to exist, they have no conventionally sense, they can be seen as something to show the 'social status' of it's owners.

Similar as the intention of .LUXURY and .RICH. .RICH only have about eighty registrations, but the registry has reserved a few hundred names themselves.

Like I have said before, I would be extremely surprised if a rich investor spent a fortune on a looooong ''pointless'' name like mentioned, but prove me wrong...

•••
Similar as the intention of .LUXURY and .RICH. .RICH only have about eighty registrations, but the registry has reserved a few hundred names themselves.

Like I have said before, I would be extremely surprised if a rich investor spent a fortune on a looooong ''pointless'' name like mentioned, but prove me wrong...

The point of those 63.DOMAINS is so high / big that it is quite possible that it is simply not visible for everyone at the first glance.
But everyone who will dive deeper into those heavy domains, will realize that they are virtual monuments.

I agree, that the intention* behind .luxury / .rich is probably the same as it is behind 63.DOMAINS - creating / offering something really extraordinary for the top of the top moneyyy elite to give them an opportunity letting them show what they want to express.

And, of course, it is natural, that while one person sees historical / contemporary / real / virtual abstract art as 'pointless' while another one sees it as 'the true and perfect expression of what he wants to state' - and if he loves it more than his moneyyy he will payyy huge sums for it.

* But the result will not be the same - because, for example, .luxury and .rich are 'just' 'attributes' - while 63.DOMAINS, especially in combination with the TLD .top are 'status symbols'.
So, it's extremely assuming that a really rich person, who really seeks a really real virtual status symbol, will prefer
999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999.top / plus
before he will buy a .luxury / .rich domain.

For example - no other domain, equal which one and equal which TLD - can really come close to the 63.DOMAIN toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top - never ever - not even in the slightest, there are worlds of worlds between .luxury / .rich and this (ultimate) (63 character) domain.

So I would not be surprised if an UHNWI* will spent a fortune to get this name - but I would be surprised if he will really able to purchase it.

*UHNWI https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_high-net-worth_individual

Last edited:
•••
There will 100 % be higher sales.
I see this deal just as a 'beginning' of a radical 'change' in domaining history (although it has began already).
This depends on your relatives.

Good luck.

•••
This depends on your relatives.

Good luck.

It's not hard to understand why you think that - but no, is depends only on time.
Because, at the time when 63.DOMAINS will have reached the attention of the right buyers (m/billionaires) the show will start.

•••
It's not hard to understand why you think that - but no, is depends only on time.
Because, at the time when 63.DOMAINS will have reached the attention of the right buyers (m/billionaires) the show will start.
I don’t know. Previously you seemed genuinely confident in your 63 letter domain plan. But getting your relative to buy a 63 letter domain to bring publicity to this niche seems like a rather desperate move.

•••
Well now I have the highest digit Numerical domain in India ;)

another one in 63.domains niche :)

Just bought this one..

.in

...sAm

•••
Well now I have the highest digit Numerical domain in India ;)

another one in 63.domains niche :D

Just bought this one..

.in

...sAm
@KINGOF.TOP And you doubt that it is you who influenced your relative to buy that domain? Recently several people are buying 63 letter domains here on NP, as a result of your promotion of these kinds of names.

•••
I don’t know. Previously you seemed genuinely confident in your 63 letter domain plan. But getting your relative to buy a 63 letter domain to bring publicity to this niche seems like a rather desperate move.
Yes, you don't knowww.
Your theory is nonsense, believe me - the purchase of his domain has nothing to do with me.

•••
Yes, you don't knowww.
Your theory is nonsense, believe me - the purchase of his domain has nothing to do with me.
You believe all the people on NP suddenly buying 63 letter domains have nothing to do with you?

•••
You believe all the people on NP suddenly buying 63 letter domains have nothing to do with you?
If it has something 'to do with me' then only in a 'trendsetting way'.
We are all individuals and we are free in our decisions.

I appreciate it if others see what I see.
And I see big value in 63.DOMAINS as long as they have a logical pattern / point / argument.

Last edited:
•••
Its not his fault @Arca.. I am not influenced by his style..i mean @KINGOF.TOP 's

He is not the one who has created the trend...I researched and saw that there were 63.domains registered long before too..by other guys

I would rather thank @KINGOF.TOP for making it get noticed..

I purchased my domain @ my own judgement....

..sAm :)

•••
Its not his fault @Arca.. I am not influenced by his style..i mean @KINGOF.TOP 's

He is not the one who has created the trend...I researched and saw that there were 63.domains registered long before too..by other guys

I would rather thank @KINGOF.TOP for making it get noticed..

I purchased my domain @ my own judgement....

..sAm :)
Okok, good luck to both of you then.

I was just trying to say that, no one has proven this niche to be profitable yet, and until then these names are going to be a hard sell.

•••
Everybody can change the world wide web
If there is a will there is a wayyy

Last edited:
•••
Okok, good luck to both of you then.

I was just trying to say that, no one has proven this niche to be profitable yet, and until then these names are going to be a hard sell.

I understand you @Arca ...and you are right that no one has proven this niche to be profitable yet. I agree with that.

Its just that I was ready to take the risk..before the niche becomes profitable..and gets hard to buy.

..we just need to identify the next trend that might pop up right..& its better to invest when no one is buying..(that's what I think personally)

I agree with you that its Risky though..

I just took the Risk mate ;)

sAm

Last edited:
•••
I understand you @Arca ...and you are no one has proven this niche to be profitable yet. I agree with that.

Its just that I was ready to take the risk..before the niche becomes profitable..and gets hard to buy.

..we just need to identify the next trend that might pop up right..& its better to invest when no one is buying..(that's what I think personally)

I agree with you that its Risky though..

I just took the Risk mate ;)

sAm
Yes, but there are lots of less risky domain investment, with a much higher chance of decent return out there. Is a 63 letter numeric .in really the best .in domain investment you could have made right now?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back