IT.COM

domain $60,000 US for GoPC.com... should I take it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without saying I will or will not accept an offer for $60,000 US... I'm curious what all your opinions are about what I should do. Personally, I think the domain is worth much more than this, but 60 Grand is nothing to sneeze at.

I've had higher appraisals but no higher offers.

What do you think?

$60,000 for GoPC.com

Thanks for your input.

GoPC

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not really... I counter offered and they didn't respond before the Auction.

GoPC

•••
GoPC said:
Not really... I counter offered and they didn't respond before the Auction.

GoPC

Let them know they can pick it up for $50K now. Still a great profit!

•••
Just thought i'd let u know that I came across www.gotomypc.com, maybe they want it. If you type gotomypc into google u get 6 mil results. It might be worth waiting for a bigger offer in my opinion. I'd turn round and say not for sale anymore, then wait a couple of months and see what happens if ur not in a rush. Looks like accessing ur pc from the net is the next big thing. GoPc would be a much nicer name for them. Good luck!

www.googly.eu

Last edited:
•••
BloGamble said:
GoPc would be a much nicer name for them.
www.googly.eu

Now... if I could just get 5000 people to write and tell GoToMyPC that, it's be an easy sale. :)

Actually, we've spoken before. GoToMyPC made me a very interesting offer... kind of a Redirect PPC deal worth $40 a customer and then they'd look at the traffic and revenues and we'd organize the final offer from there. Just like Sedo and Moniker... LOL!

Anyway, GoToMyPC is what I would consider a "Secondary Market" for this domain... Mobile PC manufacturers being the Primary Market.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Don't forget to have you and your 4999 closest friends send them a nice note saying how easy GoPC is to remember versus GoToMyPC. :D

GoPC

•••
GoPC said:
Now... if I could just get 5000 people to write and tell GoToMyPC that, it's be an easy sale. :)

Actually, we've spoken before. GoToMyPC made me a very interesting offer... kind of a Redirect PPC deal worth $40 a customer and then they'd look at the traffic and revenues and we'd organize the final offer from there. Just like Sedo and Moniker... LOL!

Anyway, GoToMyPC is what I would consider a "Secondary Market" for this domain... Mobile PC manufacturers being the Primary Market.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Don't forget to have you and your 4999 closest friends send them a nice note saying how easy GoPC is to remember versus GoToMyPC. :D

GoPC

I agree, GotomyPC won't want your name. They already got a name that they spent much money doing SEO.

•••
certainly. There are enough NEW companies getting into the UMPC market that have yet to spend that cash on SEO, Branding or marketing to get what I have already done for them with GoPC. Companies like Vulcan (Paul Allen of Microsoft Fame) has a product called Flip-Start for instance... a hand top PC project that hasn't found its wings or been successfully branded, mrketed or campaigned. Another company called Label has some obscure name theory for a new UMPC product they hope to bring to the market. There are several companies that have LNL or NLN names set aside for their new ultra Mobile or hand top PC products... probably because they were able to find the appropriate NLN or LNL domains and nothing more. Total branding failure thus far.

Each and every one of these companies would recognize the immense value in buying a industry specific domain that has already been optimized, marketed, branded and sitting atop the Search Engines.

Right now there is a $100,000 dollar diamond ring sitting in a pawn shop in LA for sale at $250 bucks. Problem is, nobody knows where it is and if I called and told any one of you that I had such a great opportunity for you, you'd all hang up on me.

A great business opportunity is worthless if nobody knows it exists. Getting through the secretarial firewall, getting to the person that NEEDS to hear the information... THAT is the hard part. Once you do, the rest is easy. And that, my friends, is the challenge.

Every got a legitimate bid on corporate SEO, branding and a marketing campaign? Good Grief... I'm in the wrong business! Serious cash-o-la.

Cash they would save (and earn back virtually instantly) with GoPC.com

Just got to tell the person that needs to hear it. LOL!

GoPC

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back