Dynadot

domain $60,000 US for GoPC.com... should I take it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without saying I will or will not accept an offer for $60,000 US... I'm curious what all your opinions are about what I should do. Personally, I think the domain is worth much more than this, but 60 Grand is nothing to sneeze at.

I've had higher appraisals but no higher offers.

What do you think?

$60,000 for GoPC.com

Thanks for your input.

GoPC

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
depends what you got it for. If it was reg fee then I'd take the money, if you forked out $30000 for it 3 years ago I wouldn't. Also depends on how long you're waiting between offers. I am sure one day you would get more for it but isn't $60000 enough? Have you finished negotiating? Its impossible to really say as there are so many personal factors involved. But yes, I'd cash out.

•••
I've owned the domain since day one. Paid like $9 for it what, 10 years ago? Anyway, if you looked at the market right now for mobile pc technologoes, such as Ultra-Mobile PCs, Origami, Pocket PCs, etc... it's booming. A name like GoPC for this market would set a company aside for certain. It's brandable, short, memorable.... it's exactly what one of these new (or old, like Dell, Intel, MS, etc) companies need to set themselves apart and grab the Lion's share of a Billion Dollar industry.

My gut says "hold" but my eye's say "Sell".

So torn....

GoPC

•••
Considering its a genuine offer,
plus
http://www.namepros.com/domain-appraisals/162967-gopc-com.html?highlight=gopc.com

I will say go for it!

You should't hesitate, unless you are certain that you want to hold. I will recommend selling it, save some money and invest intelligently later.

This name definitely has potential, if you think several thousands three year later wont be worth waiting then definitely go!

•••
Do you have an idea as to who is making the offer? Any particular company or individual?

It is fairly similar to gotomypc.com.... do you get type in traffic looking for that site?

•••
$60k for GoPC, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Frankly, I would have taken $20k or above on that name, so $60k is really good. Just think, with that money you could buy a nice $5k name, develop a large scale site on it, and advertise the heck out of it. :) Sell!

Edit: If there's room to negotiate (if the buyer didn't note that it's their final offer or "take it or leave it" or whatever), try to bump it up another $10k at least and state the traffic you're getting already as well as any other selling points for the name that you haven't told them yet. If you don't know if there's room for negotiation, or if you feel there may not be, definitely take the offer.

Last edited:
•••
Take it and run with the money, unless it's less than 5 years revenue (you said your site gets over 1500 visitors a day?).

•••
•••
RogueWriter said:
It is fairly similar to gotomypc.com.... do you get type in traffic looking for that site?

LOL... I do. Quite often.

GoPC

•••
it depends upon ur current earning. How much are you earning in a month?

•••
•••
Are you seriously considering turning this down? I'd have the payment in my bank by now. How many domains per year go for $60k+? Not many, and if they do they are (no offence) a hell of a lot better than this one.

•••
Yes it's a very short nice brandable domain but it would take alot of investment/advertising to make it BIG.

while it does have an overture result it is low so it will need additional money spent on it IMO

If it were me I would definetly SELL & SMILE :)

Good luck

•••
Overture results mean nothing to me. It holds zero value in my opinion.

I get all your messages... Sell.

Thanks for your opinions.

GoPC

•••
GoPC said:
Overture results mean nothing to me. It holds zero value in my opinion.

:) It would "probably" only matter to the people who buy to park - not to someone interested in developing/branding it.

•••
sell, immediately!
Cash is the biggest, name is virtual,waiting is unaffordable.

•••
•••
Best of luck, hope all goes well!

•••
•••
Sell it, you may not get another offer that good.

•••
GoPC said:
Without saying I will or will not accept an offer for $60,000 US... I'm curious what all your opinions are about what I should do. Personally, I think the domain is worth much more than this, but 60 Grand is nothing to sneeze at.

I've had higher appraisals but no higher offers.

What do you think?

$60,000 for GoPC.com

Thanks for your input.

GoPC
How much are you looking for ?
Is $60000 a firm offer ? If not negociate but don't be too greedy. I would have never hoped for that kind of amount.
I don't think you will have such offers often. There are not many domains that sell for that amount. Sell if you can cope with the hearbreak ;)

•••
60k is really great offer, you should accept it. If I remeber right, this domain was appraised ~$XXX

•••
Is that really you Domain?
Nice Score :)
I'd take it no doubt. $60,000 will get you a car, or another few domains atleast :)
GL!

•••
Sell! Buy a few sites, You could easily turn your $60k into $200k. Youve got the money to get you started invest it, but save a chunk of it obviously.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back