IT.COM

news 6 Bombs Blasted in My Country

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
6 Bomb blasts were reported in my country. 3 in Churches while they were crowded with Easter Prayers. 3 more bombs were blasted in Star Hotels in Colombo.

Unofficial sources report that the death total increased to 50+ and more then 280 are injured.

Please pray for them

Update:
2 more bomb blasts were reported just now making the blast count 8. Death toll incresed to 200+ including 40+ foreigners. More than 600 people injured

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My condolences to the families who have lost loved ones.

My prayers are with you.

Be strong and not in fear as God will provide.

Last edited:
•••
Extremely saddened with this dastardly attack in Sri Lanka..Thoughts and prayers go out to the families affected by the blasts in Sri Lanka. There's nothing more heinous than killing innocent people...

We stand with our neighbors in this hour of trouble.

•••
•••
Sorry to hear the news, so many anti-christian groups out there.

Religion causes so much pain, the world would be a better place without religion.

•••
@Lakshan So sorry, such a despicable and cowardly act ...

Do you know if any legitimate international groups are collecting donations for those affected? Ones where monies raised will actually go to help the victims, not to administrative paychecks or somebody’s pocket?

Last edited:
•••
Glad you are safe.
This tragedy is reported in our morning paper, here in Canada. We have you and your fellow countrymen in our thoughts and prayers.

•••
My condolences to ALL.
Sadly the bombings continue..

UNCONFIRMED* GRAPHIC VIDEO WARNING!!!

•••
Deeply saddened by the horrific events.

Hope you & your loved ones are safe.

•••
Very tragic and sad news indeed! The death toll has risen to almost 300 killed and over 500 injured... the biggest attack since 9/11. Could have been even worse as a number of other bombs, that have since been detonated, did not go off as planned.

What's also disturbing is that Sri Lankan police had received intelligence information and subsequently had issued a warning to top officials 10 days before a series of deadly blast attacks on churches and hotels in multiple cities across the country.

The country's police chief identified a known radical Muslim group as "planning to carry out suicide attacks targeting prominent churches."

57870572_2035481923216991_224287225171410944_n.jpg

May they Rest in Peace!

Last edited:
•••
I believe there is a need to hardly crush these radical groups.
Else that day is not far when people will be afraid to go out from their homes. We can't live in this fear.
These dogs doesn't care about children and ladies as well. World must not show empathy for these dogs in the name of bloody human rights. What about the human rights of those who got killed on the day of festival. This is cowardly barbarism against humanity.
These so called hardliner peace loving peole must all be eliminated at the fastest pace possible..
May Allah bless Sri Lanka and it's People in this hour of sadness . We all are with you friend .Sri Lanka is our younger sister.

Last edited:
•••
The Red Cross in the USA is usually a trustworthy group to donate to for disaster relief. I don't know about the Red Cross in Sri Lanka, but they have been providing relief services after the attacks.
I gave them a few dollars - here's the URL in case anyone else wants to donate:
https://slredcross.give.asia/

(There are a couple of local groups out there with GoFundMe's but since I have no way to "vet" them, RC seemed like the safest choice.)

Last edited:
•••
Back