IT.COM

discuss 5G IS NOT LIKE 4G!

NameSilo
Watch

artstar

Top Member
Impact
Ok you 5G naysayers u have to research the topic b4 u tear down a niche like 5G!

I see alot of domainers on here saying 5G will never take off.

Well let me say that 5G is THE BIGGEST leap in technology to come in 25 years and it will be in EVERY facet of our lives in time.

It is going to be used in almost every industry on the planet from automakers to hotels, so stop the bad mouthing and get on board!

Mind u I dont really mind the negativity as it means more domains for those who see the potential.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
havent regged a 5g in awhile but found this short beauty so had to have it:

5GOEM.Com

•••
•••
5g robo sex with those special 5g modem talents no doubt lol

•••
•••
5G is more a term relate to technology, communications, mobile, corporation names..5G any other word have not sense...

•••
it was a joke domain im sure

•••
well well u r an expert mai non? google makes us all an expert doesnt it. i know im one thanx to googlegoo.

Yes, I am formally educated in and have professional experience with networking. I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but I'm qualified to make these statements. No, I did not Google the information, although I did double-check my facts before hitting Post.

so r u for it or against? u seem to be on the fence.

That question doesn't really make sense from my perspective. There's no "for or against" when it comes to technology like this. Each technology has its uses. I explained:
  • The strengths and weaknesses of 5G
  • How 5G is likely to be used in the short term and why
  • How 5G is likely to be used in the long term and why
  • What all of this means for domain investors, and when you should expect the maximum return on your investment
not that i care but u took alot of time to regurgitate google data.

None of that came from Google.

•••
Yes, I am formally educated in and have professional experience with networking. I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but I'm qualified to make these statements. No, I did not Google the information, although I did double-check my facts before hitting Post.

That question doesn't really make sense from my perspective. There's no "for or against" when it comes to technology like this. Each technology has its uses. I explained:
  • What all of this means for domain investors, and when you should expect the maximum return on your investment

ok dokey smokey

•••

It's always a pleasure to hear your thoughts on IT subjects. Thank you!

•••
so r u for it or against? u seem to be on the fence.

I should clarify this from a domaining perspective: as both a domainer and an IT professional, I see 5G-related domains as fairly sound investments. A lot of money has already been put into 5G deployments--billions of dollars--so it's not going to disappear overnight. It's decent tech, and it's guaranteed to see at least some success.

I also think it's important to differentiate between short-term hype and long-term utility. Domains that I consider to be short-term investments would include words like "smartphone" and "embedded". Domains that I consider to be long-term investments would include words like "modem", "router", "home", and "internet".

I haven't read this entire thread, but I did notice "5GOEM.com". That's a pretty good long-term domain, especially if it was a handreg. You should definitely hang onto that one for a while, @artstar. Eventually, I'd try getting in touch with Qualcomm, Huawei, and possibly even Ubiquiti. There are some serious 5G OEM battles taking place right now, and they're only going to get more heated as time goes on.

For those of you speculating about 6G, keep in mind that billions of dollars have already gone toward 5G. It's extremely expensive to deploy. While I'm sure 6G will come along eventually, it's probably going to be more of an upgrade to 4G or 5G than a whole new technology. It will probably attempt to use existing hardware as much as possible.

Keep in mind that 5G isn't a replacement for 4G; it has different goals and advantages. While comparable technologies have existed for a while, none have been deployed at the same scale that's anticipated for 5G. With this comes an opportunity for domainers: we're going to see applications for 5G that are difficult to imagine right now. If you're the speculative, risk-taking sort, this is definitely one of the most promising niche opportunities that have come along in a while, in part because nobody really knows how 5G is going to be used. If you guess correctly, you could make a pretty good return. I expect the risk to be relatively low: with the amount of money that's already been spent on 5G, it's definitely not going to disappear overnight.

Last edited:
•••
sorry, where is demand going to come from (for 5G domains)?

•••
pb u know your stuff 4 sure I have researched 5g for years and not too many people r as switched on as u r.

I appreciate the critique on 5GOEM.Com I was amazed I got it considering the interest in 5G lately. Man alive i sure hope its a winner and ill keep that one for years unless i can get a decent price in the coming months or sooner.

Its very short , to the point and covers a massive new hot niche in 1 .com domain so maybe its a $500k+ domain Im thinking as u you said the big boys have serious coin and alot of action is talking place in the boardrooms right now so why not dream big like FS and RS success

btw if any brokers watching this thread 5GOEM.Com is certainly a winner!!

Im 5g addicted now.

thx again!!

•••
•••
Its very short , to the point and covers a massive new hot niche in 1 .com domain so maybe its a $500k+ domain Im thinking as u you said the big boys have serious coin and alot of action is talking place in the boardrooms right now so why not dream big like FS and RS success

interesting that

wifi oem
4g oem
nfc oem
4K oem
oled oem

are all avail

..just saying

Last edited:
•••
5g is NOT like the rest !!! 4g is history . 5g is the biggest tech revolution in 20 years matey. but what ever dude. u know better

•••
•••
5g is NOT like the rest !!! 4g is history . 5g is the biggest tech revolution in 20 years matey. but what ever dude. u know better

Ok. Thanks.

ps. CPU/GPU OEM are avail too
but those are also a thing of the past, never mind...

•••
not u again,lol
yeh I'll drop the knowledge for those that can be lead astray
pb u know your stuff 4 sure I have researched 5g for years and not too many people r as switched on as u r.

I appreciate the critique on 5GOEM.Com I was amazed I got it considering the interest in 5G lately. Man alive i sure hope its a winner and ill keep that one for years unless i can get a decent price in the coming months or sooner.

Im 5g addicted now.

thx again!!
500k ow lmao

•••
sorry, where is demand going to come from (for 5G domains)?

My question remains this. Great technology, no doubt. I work with Nokia, and with them being the front leaders (with Huawei) in the field right now, I should be more excited by 5G domains. I'm not. I suspect the same thing to happen with 5G domains as with 4G domains.

Technology in this field evolves so rapidly, that it becomes the norm, quicker than consumers are really aware of.

•••
yeh I'll drop the knowledge for those that can be lead astray

500k ow lmao
Seriously, you guys/ladies are not based in reality. 5G will be great as long as you have an 5G antenna every 100 feet. Good luck with your 5G domains - you are going to need it.

•••
Seriously, you guys/ladies are not based in reality. 5G will be great as long as you have an 5G antenna every 100 feet. Good luck with your 5G domains - you are going to need it.
Feelings > Reality (for some)

•••
Two words.. Smart City.
Future interconnected network of autonomous vehicles, smart buildings and a data driven infrastructure.
Keyword is Infrastructure. It's the Future.. IoT comes to life everywhere.
Try some Future thinking - You are going to need it. :)

•••
I think more people will be searching for 5G service as it becomes available. There is a name for someone..... :xf.grin: I put 5GWIFI (dot) com in my collection awhile ago. Could be used to sell company services. Its for sale like all my names.

•••
yea 5G domains suck bigtime man i wouldnt buy 1!

look at what happened with 3g 4g wifi etc etc!

its just speeding up your phone and net connection so whats the big deal??

all hype/

:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back