IT.COM

5 tips before registering your first domain - Newbie friendly

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Here are 5 tips for those buying their very first domain name and trying their hands on Domain flipping:

1) Always go for a .COM domain in your initial flipping career. They sell fast and are in high demand. Once you have some experience, you may go for other extensions such as .net or .info etc.

2) Keep the keyword as short and simple as possible.

3) Choose a name that sounds good, is catchy and memorable.

4) Do not use hyphens or numbers. They do not sell well unless they are very good names.

5) Avoid trademark infringement. If you violate it, you are going to land up into deep trouble.

I think following these guidelines and coming up with creative names has helped people sell their very first name before they move on for a bigger piece of cake!! My own experience has been the same.
If there are any tips that you may like to add, you are most welcome!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I disagree on point 2 to some extent.

Telephone.com sold for more than phone.com

However everything else I agree. :)

•••
@jamesosix Thanks for the input.
What I mean here is about the names that are not generic. These tricks are for new domainers and as you know, any of such domains will not be available now. Therefore, I recommend them to take utmost care. Since the first sales are very important for a future career into this industry!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back